Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

991 GTS4 wheel alignment

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2016, 08:46 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,857 Likes on 1,901 Posts

Given the fact that a stock SPASM PDCC C2S turned a faster Ring time than the GT4, both with highly skilled race drivers, and did so on PZeros while the GT4 was on SC2's, I'd say it's not the car. The car is more than capable in stock trim. But obviously you could go with a more aggressive alignment, though on a car with that spec, it might not add much performance. And the obvious tradeoff might be additional tire wear on the street.
Old 07-24-2016, 09:20 PM
jimbo1111
Banned

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts
Default 991 GTS4 wheel alignment

Originally Posted by Larry Cable
+1! Why Walter Rohl's favorite car is his 964 RS ... and why I think the 996 GT3 (and RS) are the best 911 drivers cars ever built.
Your probably right but the list is much greater than just the 996 gt3 . There is something to be said about the analog vehicles of the past. The 991 can also go analog as well. I've dialed it in pretty well with all nannies off. It's an incredible machine but it's no different than past machines with all the nannies off. Might be a degree or two better because of the advances in dampers and weight bias. Overall it's a step up but take away the electronics and it feels pretty old school.

Last edited by jimbo1111; 07-24-2016 at 10:00 PM.
Old 07-25-2016, 02:46 PM
DocMo
Racer

Received 153 Likes on 86 Posts

Thanks everyone. This is my decision: I will wait until I change my tires to MPSS and then have an alignments done by a Porsche race car Indy here. I will let you know.

@jimbo 1111, apologies for my sarcastic tone but I didn't like your provocative statement. Drive in good health.
Old 07-25-2016, 03:17 PM
jimbo1111
Banned

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by DocMo
Thanks everyone. This is my decision: I will wait until I change my tires to MPSS and then have an alignments done by a Porsche race car Indy here. I will let you know.

@jimbo 1111, apologies for my sarcastic tone but I didn't like your provocative statement. Drive in good health.
No worries. I sometimes write quick texts that may sound a bit offensive. My apologies as well..

I think its a good idea to get your alignment checked. New car suspensions usually settle and are thrown off a bit.
If your a little daring and looking for a little better turn in response without going over the top you can try some camber adjustment to the front wheels. Most factory suspensions are capable of close to 2 degrees negative camber. So you can safely go with 1.25 to 1.5 deg. Than you will also need 2mm of toe in.
The wheel will dance around while driving and have a tendency to mildly dart in different directions. It will feel a bit sharper and sportier.

Last edited by jimbo1111; 07-25-2016 at 03:38 PM.
Old 07-25-2016, 07:34 PM
Cristophosphorus
Racer

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by jimbo1111
No worries. I sometimes write quick texts that may sound a bit offensive. My apologies as well..

I think its a good idea to get your alignment checked. New car suspensions usually settle and are thrown off a bit.
If your a little daring and looking for a little better turn in response without going over the top you can try some camber adjustment to the front wheels. Most factory suspensions are capable of close to 2 degrees negative camber. So you can safely go with 1.25 to 1.5 deg. Than you will also need 2mm of toe in.
The wheel will dance around while driving and have a tendency to mildly dart in different directions. It will feel a bit sharper and sportier.
Pro Tip: Don't tighten the lugs all the way; let them wobble around a little. This will allow the wheels to stay unstable during spirited driving, and will give you Ferrari-like handling.

Old 07-25-2016, 10:29 PM
Bemo
Drifting

Received 259 Likes on 170 Posts

Originally Posted by DocMo
I am so impressed! Based on your confidence level you must be a a race champion in some lost village in the middle of nowhere.

I don't need lessons from a highway straight line pilot... I know what I am saying and I know what I feel when driving my cars on the road or on a track.
Leave my Jimbo alone. He must be a good pilot, for the Westchester roads are fraught with danger!

I'll be the first to admit that I'll never eclipse the abilities of the car. Hell if I ever come close I'll die a sad death in a ditch.

I love love the 991 bit one thing I'd swap in a New York minute if I could is the damned electric steering.

Quick Reply: 991 GTS4 wheel alignment