Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Seeking NJ/NY Porsche Dealer Service Advice

Old 07-10-2016, 03:48 PM
Bradley Scott
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Porsche_nuts
Catena lost my business too. Arrogant is too kind a word for them. The sales guy thought he was doing me a favor by charging me more than I could get the car for at another dealership. They sales guy was a real joke, really full of himself, but I put him in his place in a hurry.
Who's the sales guy? PM if u dont want to make it public. I'm considering working with them on a car.
Old 07-10-2016, 07:57 PM
jblaw
Banned

Received 66 Likes on 31 Posts

What about Manhattan Motorcars? I've found there prices to be good in the past.
Old 07-11-2016, 01:39 AM
FiveRiversGTS
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jblaw
Thanks, I emailed them today. I thought there prices were high from previous inquiry at least for tire storage. Did you happen to store tires/wheels there?
Old 07-11-2016, 08:29 AM
Grunty
Burning Brakes

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by FiveRiversGTS
Thank You very much for the information. It's very useful. I'll post what I learned:

I called Monmouth yesterday and got the same price quote you got for 10K mile Service.
Monmouth $470
Ray Catena $275.
Princeton $300.

Tire Swap
Ray Catena $150
Monmouth $200
Town $344

Alignment
Ray Catena $200
Monmouth $250
Town $344

Labor rates:
Monmouth $135
Town $172

Town seems High? They Pick and Drop which might itself be worth the money and I have had no problems. But the price is very high.

Based on my email and phone interactions Monmouth seems reasonable. Ray Catena is very suspiciously low.

PaulMiller, Jack Daniels, and SouthShore have not gotten back to me.

Hope this helps.
Due to Tire Storage selecting one place becomes essential.

Thank you all for contributing.
I just had the 10k (2 year) done at Princeton and it sure wasn't 300 bucks. That's just the oil change bit, if anything. From what I understand, the actual price I paid is in line with the national average, but it was more like 1300 bucks.
Old 07-11-2016, 08:55 AM
jblaw
Banned

@FiveRivers -- I didn't have them do tire storage, I usually order winter tire/wheel packages and swap myself. I had them do all the service on my Cayman and found the prices to be in line with other area dealers -- this included the 10k and 20k each. I also had them pull a few shopping cart dings for $150 each. Sounded reasonable to me.
Old 07-11-2016, 09:16 AM
HelpMeHelpU
Rennlist Member

Received 590 Likes on 374 Posts

+1 For Monmouth.

Last Feb. I asked JDP for quote on 10k service for 981CS and they said it was "around a thousand"; Monmouth did it for less than $500.

Despite living ten mins. from Town, 18 mins. from JDP, and 30 from PMP (with which I had a less-than-positive service experience), I am driving an hour to Monmouth--and they gladly offer loaners even though I didn't buy this car there.

Great sales organization, too!

Last edited by HelpMeHelpU; 07-12-2016 at 01:20 AM.
Old 07-11-2016, 11:32 AM
spiderv6
Drifting

Received 265 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by Itsrottweiler
Another Dealer in Princeton lost my business even before I could buy a car. I went there to book my Macan Turbo and the Sales manager was too arrogant, he came in looked at my build for 84k and commented that the car was no big deal and mentioned that he did not think the car was special, like they sell 918s on a daily basis. That is how they lost my business.
I thought I would give them a second chance since they were closer, and called them when the PCM in my 911 would not boot when I started. It would have been a 5 min job for them to take a look at (possibly even more) but the immediate response was that their next available appointment was one month later. When I called them for winter wheel swap for my Macan, they said the same. I took my Macan to the Mini show room near by and they swapped it readily. That is how they lost my business permanently.
Sales in Princeton always was horrible. I recently tried to buy a car from them and had a negative experience. Didn't work out but it always AMAZES me that someone can offer $75k+ on a car and NEVER hear from the sales guy again. Business must be so good for these guys that they don't have to waste time trying.

Service on the other hand has ALWAYS been good in Princeton. The team from a few years back were outstanding and the dealership has changed hands more times than I can remember recently (I think its now same as Manhattan) - but I recently had PSE installed and they were excellent, knowledgeable and rea$onable to deal with. I plan to go back for service.
Old 07-11-2016, 04:22 PM
FiveRiversGTS
Pro

Originally Posted by Grunty
I just had the 10k (2 year) done at Princeton and it sure wasn't 300 bucks. That's just the oil change bit, if anything. From what I understand, the actual price I paid is in line with the national average, but it was more like 1300 bucks.

I think you are referring to the 2year/20,000 Mile Intermediate Service.

I had my 1year/10,000 Mile Service performed on my previous car at Princeton and it was $300 with the discount.
Old 07-11-2016, 04:25 PM
FiveRiversGTS
Pro

I just got an email about their prices and they are absolutely not reasonable.
Tire Storage is not included. Let me know if you want to see the prices.
Old 07-11-2016, 04:46 PM
Highyo
Pro

Received 50 Likes on 36 Posts

can't speak to differences in price, and since i live in manhattan the only real DEALER choice for me is manhattan motorcar. they are extremely professional and are very on top of you in terms of timing, communications, quest for satisfaction.

formula motorsports however gets my non dealer related business.
Old 07-11-2016, 06:01 PM
Grunty
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by spiderv6
Sales in Princeton always was horrible. I recently tried to buy a car from them and had a negative experience. Didn't work out but it always AMAZES me that someone can offer $75k+ on a car and NEVER hear from the sales guy again. Business must be so good for these guys that they don't have to waste time trying.

Service on the other hand has ALWAYS been good in Princeton. The team from a few years back were outstanding and the dealership has changed hands more times than I can remember recently (I think its now same as Manhattan) - but I recently had PSE installed and they were excellent, knowledgeable and rea$onable to deal with. I plan to go back for service.
Dunno about that. Michael sends me emails fairly frequently when something pops up he thinks I might like.
Overall I have been satisfied with them and they are not pushy. Also, the buying experience if my 50 was easy and when I need something they try to accommodate.
Old 07-11-2016, 06:01 PM
Grunty
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by FiveRiversGTS
I think you are referring to the 2year/20,000 Mile Intermediate Service.

I had my 1year/10,000 Mile Service performed on my previous car at Princeton and it was $300 with the discount.
I stand corrected. I was indeed confusing the two.
Old 07-11-2016, 07:25 PM
991carreradriver
Rennlist Member

Received 426 Likes on 239 Posts

Originally Posted by Grunty
Ouch!
Old 07-12-2016, 12:08 AM
jblaw
Banned

@FiveRivers -- please send me the rates! Thanks!
Old 07-12-2016, 02:55 AM
fw991S
Track Day

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

it's been a long while but my understanding re manhattan has always been VERY expensive.

you might wanna try renwerke in elmsford, westchester county. a bit out of your way but people generally have nice things to say.

i just got back into a P car 2wks ago and haven't decided where i'm gonna have it serviced....

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Seeking NJ/NY Porsche Dealer Service Advice