Sponsored by:

6 month review from a none-purist

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2016, 06:32 PM
siitech
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by kayjh
Nice car. As to road noise, I test drove a 2015 C2 and then a 2017 C4S with SPASM. The new car rides considerably better than the 991.1 and has lower interior road noise (tire roar). Didn't notice any noise from sand hitting the inner wheel wells but that might just have been the road. I don't have a lot of tolerance for a rough ride/road roar and was analyzing the differences carefully. Most probably wouldn't complain about the 991.1 but I found the 991.2 much better riding (the 2015 didn't have PASM) and less tire roar. That is what I am ordering.
Thanks! Congratulations on your decision. I am sure your 991.2 would be amazing. When will you actually get it?

I had my fair share of rough riding cars. I used to lower my VWs like 25 years ago, I remember with those cars I had to slow down on many roads because of bumps and ramps and I gained little speed elsewhere. Nowadays I believe in good balance of ride comfort and handling, and I found factory setting generally hard to beat. Like I stated in my review I was suprised how harsh the base 911 rode when I test drove it, however, after I put on a new set of Michelin, and set the tire pressure to 31 and 34, I would say the car now rides firm and yet comfortable. The base suspension is finely tuned. I have yet bottom out because of bump. I have a lot of respect for Porsche engineers because of it. And I would not dismiss the base suspension because of ride comfort or anything else.

That said, I test drove a 991.1 S with SPASM, and I thought it rode slightly better than my base suspension in its comfort setting, and I really like it. This is an incentive for me to upgrade to a S model in the future. On the other hand, if 991.2 improves further on ride and noise insulation, it would be of great interest to me too. I noticed there has been discussion about if there is any difference between 991.1 and .2 of their SPASM and PASM components, I would certainly like to find out for sure.

Old 07-25-2016, 08:08 PM
siitech
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 3 Posts

Had the clear side LEDs installed.
Attached Images   

Quick Reply: 6 month review from a none-purist