Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Group Buy / Promo: ZunSport 991 Grilles

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2016, 12:37 AM
MinMay
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

spaceheater - about the center side grill as pictured, did you need to bend the grille to fit it inside? I feel that if I push more pressure, it's going to scratch the paint. Some of the part installation is not as easy as advertised in the video.
Old 09-06-2016, 01:45 AM
Chris C.
Rennlist Member

Received 541 Likes on 284 Posts

Originally Posted by 911Forever
When in the world is Zunsport going to have grills for a 991.1 C2S without parking sensors?
This +100!!
Old 09-06-2016, 08:54 AM
Al.Fresco
Three Wheelin'

Received 332 Likes on 190 Posts

Originally Posted by MinMay
spaceheater - about the center side grill as pictured, did you need to bend the grille to fit it inside? I feel that if I push more pressure, it's going to scratch the paint. Some of the part installation is not as easy as advertised in the video.
Are you trying to fit them behind the bumper? They do actually sit slightly in front of the bumper, so your side center pic actually looks right to me. I have a 4S with just the outside's in mine, but they certainly don't sit behind the bumper, which may be why you think the fitment is off.

And regarding the video...I agree. At least for mine, the actual install was different from the video. I'm guessing they have evolved over time, or they have different fitment techniques for different vehicles types and the video is just specific to that one vehicle type.
Old 09-06-2016, 01:26 PM
spaceheater
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Like Fasttr said, the center side grills sit in front of the opening.

Alternatively, you can skip doing the center side grills. The sides and center grills protect the radiators. The GT3 and 911R don't have the side centers covered. Although then it would be a real pain to try and fish out anything that happened to enter that opening.
Old 09-07-2016, 01:04 AM
MinMay
Instructor

Yes, I understand that it doesn't sit behind the bumper. It's obviously that my center side doesn't fit at all as seen in my picture.

If anyone interested in purchasing them from me for a discount, then please let me know. I'm still waiting to hear back from Zunsport.
Old 09-23-2016, 02:58 AM
MinMay
Instructor

Well, I tried contacting about 4 different people at Zunsport for support and no response back. Now, that's terrible customer service at it's best. I'm going to put it up for sale in the parts section.

If anyone ever consider buying the grill for the 991 GTS from Zunsports, then you can contact me. I'm selling it as is...buyer beware of their product.
Old 09-23-2016, 02:26 PM
Cristophosphorus
Racer

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

Well, I tried contacting about 4 different people at Zunsport for support and no response back. Now, that's terrible customer service at it's best. I'm going to put it up for sale in the parts section.

If anyone ever consider buying the grill for the 991 GTS from Zunsports, then you can contact me. I'm selling it as is...buyer beware of their product.
That's horrible, MinMay. They're usually super quick with responses to me (half a day at most), so keep trying. I'll drop Peter a line after work and see if I have any luck.
Old 09-24-2016, 11:12 AM
MinMay
Instructor

Originally Posted by Cristophosphorus
That's horrible, MinMay. They're usually super quick with responses to me (half a day at most), so keep trying. I'll drop Peter a line after work and see if I have any luck.
Thanks. I sent several emails to two different people. I sent another one through their Contact Us from the website. Also, sent another message to a Zunsport member on this forum.
Old 09-27-2016, 06:35 AM
zunsport 01
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

We are disappointed and dismayed that we stand accused of not replying to messages. Quite frankly , we are "English Old School" and have been brought up by our parents to respond out of politeness (even if we don't like what is being said). Our main e-mail address is info@zunsport.co.uk, but if this does not work then write to either peter.langston@zunsport.co.uk or garry.smith@zunsport.co.uk ; we are always pleased to hear from you and help where we can.

As for the 991 grilles, we are intent on having grilles for all models in the 991 range, but to achieve this we need actual cars to check our designs on. If you live in the UK and have a 991 then please make contact - you will be rewarded and you will help frustrated 991 owners out there.

As a final point all of our grilles fit outside of the aperture area - there is no need to remove the bumper to fit a Zunsport grille.
Old 09-27-2016, 11:09 AM
Tomcatz
Track Day

I have had nothing but a positive experience in my communications with Zunsport. Received my grills yesterday and immediately installed them. I have a 2015 TT without parking sensors or ACC (just became available). I used industrial strength hook and loop to attach where Zunsport made provision for screw mounts. Fit is very good - I needed to bow the center grill out a bit to have it fit and the lower side grills could use some more arch at the outside ends (easily done by hand). Clip fasteners provide positive retention. A quality product, I only wish they were available when I purchased the vehicle, 10k highway miles have accumulated quite a few radiator dings that I believe the grills will prevent.
Old 09-27-2016, 04:46 PM
Cristophosphorus
Racer

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by zunsport 01
We are disappointed and dismayed that we stand accused of not replying to messages. Quite frankly , we are "English Old School" and have been brought up by our parents to respond out of politeness (even if we don't like what is being said). Our main e-mail address is info@zunsport.co.uk, but if this does not work then write to either peter.langston@zunsport.co.uk or garry.smith@zunsport.co.uk ; we are always pleased to hear from you and help where we can.

As for the 991 grilles, we are intent on having grilles for all models in the 991 range, but to achieve this we need actual cars to check our designs on. If you live in the UK and have a 991 then please make contact - you will be rewarded and you will help frustrated 991 owners out there.

As a final point all of our grilles fit outside of the aperture area - there is no need to remove the bumper to fit a Zunsport grille.
Thanks for reaching out. As you can see, most of us are pretty happy with the grilles (or excited and anxiously awaiting some newer models).

Originally Posted by Tomcatz
I have had nothing but a positive experience in my communications with Zunsport. Received my grills yesterday and immediately installed them. I have a 2015 TT without parking sensors or ACC (just became available). I used industrial strength hook and loop to attach where Zunsport made provision for screw mounts. Fit is very good - I needed to bow the center grill out a bit to have it fit and the lower side grills could use some more arch at the outside ends (easily done by hand). Clip fasteners provide positive retention. A quality product, I only wish they were available when I purchased the vehicle, 10k highway miles have accumulated quite a few radiator dings that I believe the grills will prevent.
Good to hear. Can't wait to pick these up for my non-sensor 991 GTS.
Old 09-28-2016, 12:20 AM
MinMay
Instructor

Originally Posted by zunsport 01

Thanks for providing your contact email address. My suggestion is to provide the actual email address in your "contact us" instead of the form, in which I used to send my question. It's going to help other customers find a mean to seek for support. I'll send an email with my questions shortly.
Old 03-02-2017, 03:11 PM
Bents
Rennlist Member

Received 609 Likes on 282 Posts

Still looking for a set of these for a C2S without parking sensors!
Old 03-02-2017, 03:33 PM
alz
Advanced

+1 on a 991 C2S version without parking sensors
Old 03-02-2017, 03:39 PM
BradB
Drifting

Received 43 Likes on 36 Posts

...and a C2S with parking sensors.

Quick Reply: Group Buy / Promo: ZunSport 991 Grilles