Old 06-03-2016, 04:15 PM
Cristophosphorus
Racer

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Sayyaaf
the slats are different.
I stand corrected.

Originally Posted by GraSox
Nice work Chris, thanks for taking the time to arrange this. I have a C2S without sensors.....is the front bumper different than the GTS bumper?
Thanks!
No problem. Does your C2S have the Sport Design front?

Originally Posted by c_Gio
Good call, will do in a few weeks. Deadline?
I don't think there's a deadline anytime soon; I would imagine that Peter would allow us to place orders at least until July 4th when the GTS non-sensor version is released.

Originally Posted by ispool
Any idea when they'll be offering this for a C2S with no front sensors?
Not sure, though I can ask.

I'll write Peter another email and get answers to these questions for us.
Old 06-03-2016, 04:22 PM
BradB
Drifting

Received 43 Likes on 36 Posts

^^^ And hopefully they can offer a C2S w/ sensors kit as well.

I emailed Zunsport but have not heard back yet.
Old 06-03-2016, 04:56 PM
Jerry991
Pro

Received 73 Likes on 51 Posts

They are a great company but have very limited selection. Also realize how different each front grill area is which can even vary from a PDK to a manual car.
Old 06-04-2016, 03:10 PM
GraSox
Rennlist Member

Received 30 Likes on 21 Posts

I contacted them.....said they will be doing grills for the non GTS cars through out 2016. Good news, And they were very nice.
Old 06-04-2016, 03:22 PM
TorqueChap
Three Wheelin'

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Great group buy! Thanks for arranging Christo. Just purchased a set in black for my incoming .1 GTS Targa.

Thanks for making this buy a no brainier.
Old 06-04-2016, 03:33 PM
BradB
Drifting

Received 43 Likes on 36 Posts

I contacted them.....said they will be doing grills for the non GTS cars through out 2016. Good news, And they were very nice.
Excellent!
Old 06-04-2016, 04:02 PM
TorqueChap
Three Wheelin'

How hard are these to install? Any tools required or can it be put in by hand?
Old 06-04-2016, 04:04 PM
TorqueChap
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by ibmiked
Does anyone have pictures of silver grills installed on their car? I'm leaning towards black for their subtlety but I'd like to see silver in case they add a little 'pop' to the looks. Thanks.
I did a Google search with my color (sapphire blue). Initially was tempted to silver to match my wheels, but it felt a bit too much. Black struck me as more elegant and subtle.
Old 06-04-2016, 04:10 PM
slingshot60
Rennlist Member

Received 49 Likes on 29 Posts

Looks like 991.1S, PDK, no sensors is not available...
Old 06-04-2016, 06:03 PM
studlee
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I have emailed zunsport asking for a grills for no sensor and he said he needs a test car for it. If u r in the UK and live close by get in touch with them.

Originally Posted by slingshot60

Last edited by studlee; 06-04-2016 at 11:15 PM.
Old 06-04-2016, 06:40 PM
slingshot60
Rennlist Member

Received 49 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by studlee
I have emailed zunsport asking for a grills for no sensor and he said he needs a test car for it. If u r in the UK and live close buy get in touch with them.
LOL... No prob, it's just a hop, skip and a jump from Texas to the UK!
Old 06-05-2016, 06:47 PM
mdrobc1213
Rennlist Member

Received 717 Likes on 388 Posts

Nice work Chris, thanks for taking the time to arrange this. I have a C2S without sensors.....is the front bumper different than the GTS bumper?
Thanks!
Yes all the bumpers are different GTS vs sensor non sensor, Sport design, Base car, etc. Only options for non GTS cars seem to be Rennline or Home Depot method for now.
Originally Posted by ispool
Any idea when they'll be offering this for a C2S with no front sensors?
See below
Originally Posted by BradB
^^^ And hopefully they can offer a C2S w/ sensors kit as well.

I emailed Zunsport but have not heard back yet.
Not avail for 991 base and S models yet w/OEM bumpers yet.
Originally Posted by TorqueChap
How hard are these to install? Any tools required or can it be put in by hand?
Very easy. Just need a long philips and flat head screwdriver and that is all. Did them on my 2014 Cayman S and it took me 25 mins tops to do the install. Easily removed if you want to. Clips in place for the most part. Just take your time and use masking tape to ensure you don't damage the paint when you are working to get them into place and the clips deployed. If you're not careful you can scrape the bumper's paint while you try to get them properly positioned. Once in they'll stay in place till you remove them. Had mine on my Cayman for 18 months without issue. Easy to clean w/garden hose spray. Looked new when sold. Dealer thought it was a new OEM option part when I sold the car to them for my current 991S.

Would install again if avail but have chosen to go the Rennline route a I don't want to wait a few months and risk damage to my radiators.
Originally Posted by slingshot60
No is not avail and different grilles than GTS and others so those won't fit.
Originally Posted by studlee
I have emailed zunsport asking for a grills for no sensor and he said he needs a test car for it. If u r in the UK and live close by get in touch with them.
Same I got when I talked to them back in March. Not sure how UK dealers are but would think they'd be able to "borrow" a car for a day or two to demo a retrofit vs waiting for a donor car.
Old 06-05-2016, 08:05 PM
TorqueChap
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by mdrobc1213
Yes all the bumpers are different GTS vs sensor non sensor, Sport design, Base car, etc. Only options for non GTS cars seem to be Rennline or Home Depot method for now. See below Not avail for 991 base and S models yet w/OEM bumpers yet. Very easy. Just need a long philips and flat head screwdriver and that is all. Did them on my 2014 Cayman S and it took me 25 mins tops to do the install. Easily removed if you want to. Clips in place for the most part. Just take your time and use masking tape to ensure you don't damage the paint when you are working to get them into place and the clips deployed. If you're not careful you can scrape the bumper's paint while you try to get them properly positioned. Once in they'll stay in place till you remove them. Had mine on my Cayman for 18 months without issue. Easy to clean w/garden hose spray. Looked new when sold. Dealer thought it was a new OEM option part when I sold the car to them for my current 991S. Would install again if avail but have chosen to go the Rennline route a I don't want to wait a few months and risk damage to my radiators. No is not avail and different grilles than GTS and others so those won't fit. Same I got when I talked to them back in March. Not sure how UK dealers are but would think they'd be able to "borrow" a car for a day or two to demo a retrofit vs waiting for a donor car.
mdrobc1213, not to beat a dead horse but trying to figure out whether I want these shipped to Stuttgart (for ED) or whether I should install it back in the States. The screwdrivers are just to deploy the clips? If so, I'm tempted to log some floor time at a European garage.
Old 06-07-2016, 01:48 AM
mdrobc1213
Rennlist Member

Received 717 Likes on 388 Posts

Originally Posted by TorqueChap
mdrobc1213, not to beat a dead horse but trying to figure out whether I want these shipped to Stuttgart (for ED) or whether I should install it back in the States. The screwdrivers are just to deploy the clips? If so, I'm tempted to log some floor time at a European garage.
The clips were easily pushed into place with a small flat head screwdriver on both sides/ends on my Cayman. The center piece required two small screws (black) if I recall correctly that just screwed into the plastic front center air housing to fully secure it in place. Took 5 mins to do that one. One can use a small drill bit if needed to start a feeder hole as needed/required. Better aesthetically I think. Reverse to remove but I never did.

Hope that helps. Here's a close up...tabs are internal and can't be seen. Much better than zip ties IMHO.
Attached Images  
Old 06-07-2016, 04:40 AM
TorqueChap
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by mdrobc1213
The clips were easily pushed into place with a small flat head screwdriver on both sides/ends on my Cayman. The center piece required two small screws (black) if I recall correctly that just screwed into the plastic front center air housing to fully secure it in place. Took 5 mins to do that one. One can use a small drill bit if needed to start a feeder hole as needed/required. Better aesthetically I think. Reverse to remove but I never did. Hope that helps. Here's a close up...tabs are internal and can't be seen. Much better than zip ties IMHO.
Great info! Thank you.

Quick Reply: Group Buy / Promo: ZunSport 991 Grilles