Jeffdehr
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Beautiful, enjoy!
Old 06-01-2016, 02:57 PM
Peruna
Racer

Received 81 Likes on 48 Posts

Welcome to the family. Enjoy in good health!
Old 06-02-2016, 12:02 AM
Chris C.
Rennlist Member

Received 524 Likes on 276 Posts

Nice! Enjoy that beautiful car!

I drove the the mountains on my way to SF and of course got caught in a freak snowstorm! Would love to do that drive again with better weather, and check out the Avenue of Giants (new one to me too)

Warning: I also purchased my C2S at Bellevue and although the sales team is nice they severely botched the CA registration process causing many followup calls and severe late fees from CA (Which to their credit they then paid, after many calls ). Stay on top of the paperwork!!
Old 06-04-2016, 02:39 PM
bright_medal
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris C.
Nice! Enjoy that beautiful car!

I drove the the mountains on my way to SF and of course got caught in a freak snowstorm! Would love to do that drive again with better weather, and check out the Avenue of Giants (new one to me too)

Warning: I also purchased my C2S at Bellevue and although the sales team is nice they severely botched the CA registration process causing many followup calls and severe late fees from CA (Which to their credit they then paid, after many calls ). Stay on top of the paperwork!!
Thanks for the welcome note and for the warning. PM sent!
Old 06-04-2016, 03:02 PM
Dewinator
Drifting

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts

When it's clear, the most Northern part of Highway 1 where it comes off 101 and down to the coast is great too. When I went in April it had a lot of debris and construction going on though.

This is the spot where it first hits the coast.
Old 06-04-2016, 03:08 PM
bright_medal
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Dewinator
When it's clear, the most Northern part of Highway 1 where it comes off 101 and down to the coast is great too. When I went in April it had a lot of debris and construction going on though.

This is the spot where it first hits the coast.
Looks awesome Dewinator! I'll definitely have to do that drive someday soon.

Quick update: I just did my very first (very subtle) mod to the car by replacing the orange side markers with the clear LED side markers from Suncoast. Here are some before/after photos including one of them lit up.

Before (with orange side markers)

After (with clear LED side markers)

LED side markers lit up in a dim lit parking garage
Old 06-12-2016, 10:37 PM
bright_medal
Rennlist Member

Thought I'd share a few new pics of the car featuring some really subtle improvements: LED clear side marker lights, a de-badged & re-badged rear end, and an OEM black satin license plate frame! I love the subtle changes that really bring the car together. Next improvement, a subtle wheel spacer setup (advice would be appreciated).

Old 06-12-2016, 11:49 PM
dawgcatching
Burning Brakes

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Dewinator
For reference, our last road trip we went up 1 from SF and then back down via Avenue of the Giants, and it was the better drive... less debris and less traffic than 1. Definitely the highlight of the trip.
Is that the winding highway through the Trinity Mountains? I have always wanted to ride my road bike there: the riding even outside of Redding is amazing. Steep climbs, sweeping corners, and few cars!
Old 06-22-2016, 11:53 PM
mike911s
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bright Metal,

congrats on your White Beauty!

this is crazy.

I did exactly the opposite of you.

I work in Bellevue, Wa. where you bought your 2012 White CS2. On Sunday June 5th I purchased a 2016 Factory Executive Car White PDK CS2 W/10K miles on it from Walter's in Riverside (they were super to work with) and drove it back to Bellevue.

my purchase was not specifically planned. I was down in Irvine at a hobby convention and had been scouting out 991's and Cayman's in SoCal thinking better selection......liked this car on line......and bought it unseen Sunday morning and was on the road back to Washington state by 1pm Sunday afternoon.

it took me 10 days to get the title so I could buy plates, but I'm loving it. and the drive back straight thru was a literal blast.

it's my first Porsche after 40+ years of it being a bucket list item.
Old 06-23-2016, 03:34 AM
Dewinator
Drifting

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by dawgcatching
Is that the winding highway through the Trinity Mountains? I have always wanted to ride my road bike there: the riding even outside of Redding is amazing. Steep climbs, sweeping corners, and few cars!
I think you're thinking of 299, which is an awesome drive also. I was talking about 1 from Leggett to Westport.
Old 06-23-2016, 09:32 AM
Duke I
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Welcome to the passion. Great car, congrats!

Congrats to you as well Mike911.
Old 06-23-2016, 09:49 AM
tgcrun
Three Wheelin'

Received 438 Likes on 234 Posts

Beautiful car. I did the Seattle to Portland to San Francisco drive a few years ago including a jaunt through the Avenue of the Giants. Unfortunately, it was in a rental car.
Old 06-23-2016, 10:51 AM
bright_medal
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mike911s

Bright Metal,

congrats on your White Beauty!

this is crazy.

I did exactly the opposite of you.

I work in Bellevue, Wa. where you bought your 2012 White CS2. On Sunday June 5th I purchased a 2016 Factory Executive Car White PDK CS2 W/10K miles on it from Walter's in Riverside (they were super to work with) and drove it back to Bellevue.

my purchase was not specifically planned. I was down in Irvine at a hobby convention and had been scouting out 991's and Cayman's in SoCal thinking better selection......liked this car on line......and bought it unseen Sunday morning and was on the road back to Washington state by 1pm Sunday afternoon.

it took me 10 days to get the title so I could buy plates, but I'm loving it. and the drive back straight thru was a literal blast.

it's my first Porsche after 40+ years of it being a bucket list item.
What a coincidence! Both white cars as well. I'm sure you must be loving your 911 as I am!

Quick Reply: New to the Porsche brand (991.1 C2S)