Sponsored by:

C4S Cab from '14 991.1 to '17 991.2

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2016, 01:08 AM
Hurricane
Race Car

Received 653 Likes on 299 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeffdehr
I really enjoyed the adaptive cruise control, it worked perfectly. On the highway you can set your speed and not worry about approaching a slower car and having to shut off cruise control. I used it mostly in traffic, it makes stop a go traffic much less stressful....just set it and let the car do the work. I certainly would have gotten it again if I went PDK, I didn't find any downside.

As far rear axle steering I honestly haven't notice a difference yet, but I've had the car for 2 days. This car does not have the "acorn" issue when turning the steering wheel to lock and driving slowly.....perhaps this is due to the rear axle steering changing the turning diameter?

The one negative to rear axle steering I found is for winter tires/wheels. I have a set of 19" tires/wheels from my 991.1 that I assumed would fit the 991.2 It turns out they would fit UNLESS you have rear axle steering or ceramic brakes. With either of these options you have to use 20" winter tires/wheels. Look for my tires/wheels in the classified section soon.
Wow, that is good to know about the winter tires - thanks for sharing this!
Old 05-30-2016, 01:08 PM
MagicRat
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Took advantage of the pull ahead program on my lease and swapped my '14 991.1 C4S Cab after 32 months and 22,500 miles for a '17 991.2 C4S Cab. Kept the same exterior colors: Sapphire Blue with a blue top. Interior went from black/beige to black/red. Went from PDK with Adaptive Cruise Control to MT and Rear Axle Steering.

I've included a couple of quick pictures.
That is an absolutely beautiful car. Definitely my favourite interior - great choice!
Old 07-16-2016, 05:44 PM
Bradley Scott
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Love it =)

Tell me, you are coming off a car without Rear Wheel Steering into a car with it.

Do you notice a difference? I've ticked that option for my car and wondering what a real life review would sound like.
Old 07-16-2016, 06:00 PM
Jeffdehr
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Bradley Scott
Love it =) Tell me, you are coming off a car without Rear Wheel Steering into a car with it. Do you notice a difference? I've ticked that option for my car and wondering what a real life review would sound like.
Very noticeable at low speed. In the 991.1 I could not pull directly into my garage. I had to back up. In the 991.2 I can go right in. Rear steering makes turning circle smaller. Also the "acorn" effect when turning at full wheel lock going very slow is gone. I assume this is due to rear wheel steering but not positive.

On the road the car loves turns! More so than the 991.1? I think so but I honestly I don't know if it's me having more confidence because of the rear wheel steering or the rear wheel steering making a difference. Perhaps a little of both. Either way I'm glad I checked the option box!
Old 07-16-2016, 06:23 PM
FiveRiversGTS
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That's a very nice color combo. It goes extremely well with your Sapphire Blue Cab. The Top down view is particularly pleasant.
Old 10-25-2016, 08:15 PM
Bradley Scott
Racer

Jeff,

I noticed you don't have PSE - or am I mistaken?

A lot of critics say the sound is not up to par.

What are your thoughts? I did not order PSE on my car, but all the other sports package options. I simply did not want a loud car in the quiet neighborhood I live in.
Old 10-25-2016, 09:06 PM
fuddman
Burning Brakes

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Since it's a lease I don't need to worry about resale, that's Porsche Financial's problem.
Nice car.
By the way, Porsche Financial never has a financial problem on a lease.
Old 10-25-2016, 09:25 PM
Zeus993
Rennlist Member

Received 1,240 Likes on 571 Posts

Nice car! Say - nice to be back rowing through the gears of a MT?
Old 10-27-2016, 06:49 PM
Jeffdehr
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Bradley Scott
Jeff,

I noticed you don't have PSE - or am I mistaken?

A lot of critics say the sound is not up to par.

What are your thoughts? I did not order PSE on my car, but all the other sports package options. I simply did not want a loud car in the quiet neighborhood I live in.
I did exactly the same. All of the sport package options except PSE. My 991.1 did not have PSE either, never felt the need for it. I also prefer the look of the 4 tips vs 2. My wife has been very supportive of my 911s. Her only comment....get whatever you want but do not get the LOUD button.
Old 10-27-2016, 06:53 PM
Jeffdehr
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Zeus993
Nice car! Say - nice to be back rowing through the gears of a MT?
I know the debate is endless but for me I am very happy to have a MT. I feel more involved. I use the car for weekends and fun drives. If I tracked I would go PDK and if I used it as a DD I would add adaptive cruise control.
Old 10-27-2016, 06:55 PM
GTOWN83
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Congratulations, beautiful. I love the wheels as well.
Old 10-27-2016, 07:07 PM
Bradley Scott
Racer

I did exactly the same. All of the sport package options except PSE. My 991.1 did not have PSE either, never felt the need for it. I also prefer the look of the 4 tips vs 2. My wife has been very supportive of my 911s. Her only comment....get whatever you want but do not get the LOUD button.
literally what I did.
Love the 4 tips over the 2 center. I felt it looks so much more balanced. With the 4S...u have a wider body. the center pipes look out of place in my eyes. and yes, I didn't want the loud noise, especially since from what I hear, the exhaust on the "regular" is completely good and thrilling.
Old 10-31-2016, 12:24 PM
mrhebert
Rennlist Member

Received 99 Likes on 48 Posts

I'd buy that leaseback in a heartbeat. It's nice to see something different. I've noticed through the years(356, early 911), the most popular cars with the general public and Porsche people are the exotic color combinations. They stand out at the local and national concours, and always earn a people's choice award. Red interiors pop! Think silver and red on a 550 Spyder,black and red on a Speedster, or red and white on 991. Just my opinion....
Old 10-31-2016, 06:46 PM
Porsche Jeff
Racer

Received 40 Likes on 28 Posts

Congrats on Superman, love the color combo, just not brave enough to do it myself.

Quick Reply: C4S Cab from '14 991.1 to '17 991.2