Sponsored by:

Shark Werks sport exhaust?

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2016, 07:12 PM
chio4
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Shark Werks sport exhaust?

my 991 C4S came without the PSE and looking to get an exhaust that is a little louder! What are peoples thoughts who have installed the Shark Werks exhaust ? or should i just have the PSE installed?

http://www.sharkwerks.com/products.php?pid=403
Old 04-27-2016, 07:53 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,423 Likes on 2,237 Posts

SW is a great product, but you should realize that unlike a PSE based system it has only one mode/loudness ... so you should make sure that this suits your driving style and aural preference...
Old 04-27-2016, 08:21 PM
chio4
Instructor

ya i do realize it! what I'm wanting to know from people who have heard both the PSE and SW! i can watch all the videos but its just hard to judge !
Old 04-27-2016, 08:47 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,423 Likes on 2,237 Posts

hopefully someone has heard both and can comment.
Old 04-27-2016, 09:55 PM
ns4w
Advanced

Received 78 Likes on 28 Posts

I have one on my base c2 and like it. It's louder than stock, but not super loud. No drone. Price is a bit lower than competing systems. It's a pretty simple setup, and seems to be good quality. I installed it myself, and it wasn't difficult.

I'm in the DC area. Best bet is to try and find one nearby to listen to.

-Andy
Old 04-27-2016, 10:38 PM
satoru
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Sound is great. Had SharkWerks and AWE. I would say stock, AWE then SharkWerks in terms of loudness. It's not too loud tho.
Old 04-27-2016, 10:39 PM
chio4
Instructor

thanks Andy! ya I am going to go for it!!!

Originally Posted by ns4w
I have one on my base c2 and like it. It's louder than stock, but not super loud. No drone. Price is a bit lower than competing systems. It's a pretty simple setup, and seems to be good quality. I installed it myself, and it wasn't difficult.

I'm in the DC area. Best bet is to try and find one nearby to listen to.

-Andy
Old 04-28-2016, 12:02 AM
RobC4sX51
Rennlist Member

Received 67 Likes on 40 Posts

Chio4, I have the same car, a 2013 C4s w/o PSE. My previous car was a 2010 C2s w/o PSE. I installed the CM bypass on that car and loved it. I went with the side muffler delete (SharkWerks Race exhaust) on my 991 for two reasons: 1) the 991s and 4s cars have a factory vacuum operated valve system in the center muffler and I wanted to retain that. 2) The race exhaust is a bit louder (deeper for sure) and reduces more weight than the cm system and lowers the heat near the rear wheels. I have a cab and there is a slight droan at slow speed around 3k rpm but at higher speeds (actual and engine) it is gone. Gurgles and pops are accentuated. I am happy with my choice and would do it again. PSE is nice but pricey with no weight loss and questionable performance gains. I do like the tips so I purchased the chrome S tips on eBay. I will add that my friend has a '13 C4s coupe with PSE and side by side engine revs are very similar, w the SW side muff delete being slightly deeper. I wish I had recorded it with my phone. Good luck with your decision, Hope this helps.
Old 04-28-2016, 12:49 AM
chio4
Instructor

WOW never thought about this option but the drone would drive my hearing crazy!!

Originally Posted by RobC4sX51
Chio4, I have the same car, a 2013 C4s w/o PSE. My previous car was a 2010 C2s w/o PSE. I installed the CM bypass on that car and loved it. I went with the side muffler delete (SharkWerks Race exhaust) on my 991 for two reasons: 1) the 991s and 4s cars have a factory vacuum operated valve system in the center muffler and I wanted to retain that. 2) The race exhaust is a bit louder (deeper for sure) and reduces more weight than the cm system and lowers the heat near the rear wheels. I have a cab and there is a slight droan at slow speed around 3k rpm but at higher speeds (actual and engine) it is gone. Gurgles and pops are accentuated. I am happy with my choice and would do it again. PSE is nice but pricey with no weight loss and questionable performance gains. I do like the tips so I purchased the chrome S tips on eBay. I will add that my friend has a '13 C4s coupe with PSE and side by side engine revs are very similar, w the SW side muff delete being slightly deeper. I wish I had recorded it with my phone. Good luck with your decision, Hope this helps.
Old 04-28-2016, 12:59 AM
Buteo
Three Wheelin'

Received 41 Likes on 19 Posts

I've got this on mine and love it. Not too loud but it carries a rumble. Similar to the PSE.

Quick Reply: Shark Werks sport exhaust?