Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just listed my 3.8 GTS in rl classifieds

Old 04-28-2016, 04:17 PM
Fowwiee
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rezus
He has put in well over 10k into the car including a full clear film wrap. Granted you usually lose money on the upgrades, this is a fantastic car for anyone looking to get in a very well optioned GTS that has got the upgrades one maybe looking for. I am sure he is negotiable too.
Totally agree. If those upgrades match your needs. This is a great deal. really don't get all the negativity over this. If you think the car is over price don't buy it.

It's not like he is flipping this car for profit.
Old 04-28-2016, 04:19 PM
c_Gio
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr. Satan
Attention California: You are Porsche's largest market. The rest of the world does not pay over msrp for their new Porsches. You people are Porsche crazy. I know you have beautiful roads and scenery and have to have these vehicles.

This car is not a gt3 or an rs. Gts is basically an option package applied to the S models. It is not rare or collectable. A guy can order a powerkit and chrono and pse on an S and basically have the same car.

All defenders of paying msrp for a current model year used car...why don't you guys ****** this gts up before it's value goes up any more? It will probably be worth $150,000 next summer.
A C2 S won't have dat ***
Old 04-28-2016, 04:23 PM
R_Rated
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Fowwiee
Totally agree. If those upgrades match your needs. This is a great deal. really don't get all the negativity over this. If you think the car is over price don't buy it.

It's not like he is flipping this car for profit.
Likely it is for profit... but as much heckling as I do[because too many take this and themselves way too seriously] I am all about capitalism. Likely he paid under retail for the car and I know I would have negotiated for the aftermarket. My belief is that he is free to list for 200K if he wants and good for him if he gets it! Sometimes high asking solicits a certain perceived value.

Also - narcissistically since I am already in the club... I hope prices do go up to make me feel better about my splurge on a 1st world luxury even though it doesn't matter unless I sell; which I don't plan on doing.

Somebody wants that car. The transaction cost really is private and clearly the naysayers aren't his target buyers. Nor would they buy a highlander despite its linear, naturally aspirated power band and compact size.
Old 04-28-2016, 05:59 PM
Cristophosphorus
Racer

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

This car is not a gt3 or an rs. Gts is basically an option package applied to the S models. It is not rare or collectable. A guy can order a powerkit and chrono and pse on an S and basically have the same car.
Yeah, and you're out a cool $20-25,000 just to buy and install those options. But then what about the black CL wheels and the rear engine cover? Oh, don't forget the wider rear and the alcantara interior package. Also add on the Sport Design front fascia and you're almost there!

You can't just use the "upgrade it and you have a GTS" argument... that's a losing man's argument that can be used on almost any car out there.

"Just buy a tune and PSE and PDLS and PASM and bigger wheels and bigger brakes and your 991 is now a 991S!"

Please.
Old 04-28-2016, 06:45 PM
Grunty
Burning Brakes

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by R_Rated
Likely it is for profit... but as much heckling as I do[because too many take this and themselves way too seriously] I am all about capitalism. Likely he paid under retail for the car and I know I would have negotiated for the aftermarket. My belief is that he is free to list for 200K if he wants and good for him if he gets it! Sometimes high asking solicits a certain perceived value.

Also - narcissistically since I am already in the club... I hope prices do go up to make me feel better about my splurge on a 1st world luxury even though it doesn't matter unless I sell; which I don't plan on doing.

Somebody wants that car. The transaction cost really is private and clearly the naysayers aren't his target buyers. Nor would they buy a highlander despite its linear, naturally aspirated power band and compact size.
As a highlander owner, I resent that. Mine is rusting away nicely in the driveway.
I have to say, the steering feedback on the highlander is superior to the 911, far more direct and alive.
But then again the highlander, being the piece of **** that it is, has no fancy electronicals that candy bottoms such as yourselves need in order to safely navigate suburban parking lots.
Old 04-28-2016, 08:20 PM
R_Rated
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Grunty
As a highlander owner, I resent that. Mine is rusting away nicely in the driveway.
I have to say, the steering feedback on the highlander is superior to the 911, far more direct and alive.
But then again the highlander, being the piece of **** that it is, has no fancy electronicals that candy bottoms such as yourselves need in order to safely navigate suburban parking lots.

Hey, now it's personal. I've only hit 3 kids in school zones but my aim is getting better. If they weren't targets they would put slashes like when you're not supposed to litter or make a right turn on red.
Old 04-28-2016, 08:24 PM
pitt911
Rennlist Member

Received 914 Likes on 527 Posts

Another big factor that determines the value of a used car is the banking industry.
most people finance cars through a bank
the bank has a set limit on loan amount for a certain car
so if asking price is way out of this limit, then buyer have to come up with difference and most people will not cough up large amount of money upfront so that will push prices down
luckily for op at this time banks are very loose on lending criteria and interest rates are low
so GLWS and it is a great looking car
Old 04-28-2016, 08:36 PM
Dr. Satan
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Cristophosphorus
Yeah, and you're out a cool $20-25,000 just to buy and install those options. But then what about the black CL wheels and the rear engine cover? Oh, don't forget the wider rear and the alcantara interior package. Also add on the Sport Design front fascia and you're almost there!

You can't just use the "upgrade it and you have a GTS" argument... that's a losing man's argument that can be used on almost any car out there.

"Just buy a tune and PSE and PDLS and PASM and bigger wheels and bigger brakes and your 991 is now a 991S!"

Please.
Whoo- whee! You California GTS owners sure think you have something hot. You should all buy this extra 2016 GTS for a spare before it's too late! Just incase Porsche suddenly becomes unwilling to design market and sell the latest and greatest option package ever again.

Some of you are missing the point. I agree the op's car is amazingly beautiful. I agree the GTS package is a real value (in Porsche dollars) if a buyer wants the included options. I do not agree with the concept that a 2016 911 GTS 7 spd is a rare car and it is certainly not rare enough to pay over the original asking price as new.

A guy can walk into most Porsche dealers and order the EXACT car he or she desires for equal or less money.
Old 04-28-2016, 08:41 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,963 Likes on 915 Posts

As I'm not a porsche VIP of any kind, I need to rely on 918 VIP friends for connections to cars I want. I asked for a 991.2 gt3 manual to dealers all over and was given the Heismann. While I'm pretty sure I"ll be able to pull some favors from a 918 VIP friend this go-around, if he decides to keep the manual gt3 991.2 for himself, then I'd want to add a widebody NA manual 911 to the spot next to the Spyder. The only car to fit this bill is the manual GTS 991.1. I DO think this will be a very special car in a few years, kind of like the c2s 993 was... not a million dollar car, but something very collectible.
Old 04-28-2016, 09:09 PM
jimbo1111
Banned

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts

Whoo- whee! You California GTS owners sure think you have something hot. You should all buy this extra 2016 GTS for a spare before it's too late! Just incase Porsche suddenly becomes unwilling to design market and sell the latest and greatest option package ever again.

Some of you are missing the point. I agree the op's car is amazingly beautiful. I agree the GTS package is a real value (in Porsche dollars) if a buyer wants the included options. I do not agree with the concept that a 2016 911 GTS 7 spd is a rare car and it is certainly not rare enough to pay over the original asking price as new.

A guy can walk into most Porsche dealers and order the EXACT car he or she desires for equal or less money.
The order window for a 991.1 GTS has closed. Only dealer inventory is available and its dwindling. I'm sure there are people who have just entered the market and have missed the order window but still want the car. Or those that see value in an N/A platform after testing out the new cars. What ever the case. I'm sure there will be a market for one.
Old 04-28-2016, 09:15 PM
jimbo1111
Banned

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by CAlexio
As I'm not a porsche VIP of any kind, I need to rely on 918 VIP friends for connections to cars I want. I asked for a 991.2 gt3 manual to dealers all over and was given the Heismann. While I'm pretty sure I"ll be able to pull some favors from a 918 VIP friend this go-around, if he decides to keep the manual gt3 991.2 for himself, then I'd want to add a widebody NA manual 911 to the spot next to the Spyder. The only car to fit this bill is the manual GTS 991.1. I DO think this will be a very special car in a few years, kind of like the c2s 993 was... not a million dollar car, but something very collectible.
+1. What happens if the GT3 goes FI?
Old 04-29-2016, 02:05 AM
Dr. Satan
Instructor

Originally Posted by jimbo1111
The order window for a 991.1 GTS has closed. Only dealer inventory is available and its dwindling. I'm sure there are people who have just entered the market and have missed the order window but still want the car. Or those that see value in an N/A platform after testing out the new cars. What ever the case. I'm sure there will be a market for one.
Yes I believe most of us realize the 991.1 GTS order window is closed. But we also realize the 991.2 GTS order window will most likely open in a year or so.

You 991.1 GTS owners seem to think this is the only version this car can be served in! This car is not rare. It is a cool car. But it is not rare, collectable, or appreciating in value currently.
Old 04-29-2016, 03:20 AM
Tangerine
Pro

Received 123 Likes on 70 Posts

You 991.1 GTS owners seem to think this is the only version this car can be served in!
It is all but confirmed by Porsche that this is the last NA GTS. The next GTS will be faster, absolutely. I expect 80-90% of buyers would choose a 991.2 over a 991.1, because it's faster and newer. The basic 911 got a price increase though, so I expect the GTS will follow.

Supply and demand. The last of the NA GTS cars have been snatched up, so now the next availability will be those coming off lease in a few years.

This isn't to convince YOU that the NA 3.8 is good or not. It's highly subjective if you prefer the character of it. The new mini-turbo (I still think of the "Turbo" as the real turbo) is absolutely going to be faster, no one is arguing that.

Why not just say it's not worth it to you and move on? Or maybe don't say anything at all? Each time you post in this thread, you actually help the OP by bumping his post, and he'll get more eyeballs on his listing. If there is any place you might find someone interested in one of the last NA GTS cars, it's Rennlist.
Old 04-29-2016, 03:31 AM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,963 Likes on 915 Posts

Originally Posted by jimbo1111
+1. What happens if the GT3 goes FI?
Are you friends with fxz or something? LOL.. But seriously, you're saying "after" the 991.2 gt3 correct?.. Because we already know this car will be NA.
Old 04-29-2016, 05:30 AM
Dr. Satan
Instructor

Originally Posted by MrGreen
Why not just say it's not worth it to you and move on? Or maybe don't say anything at all? Each time you post in this thread, you actually help the OP by bumping his post, and he'll get more eyeballs on his listing. If there is any place you might find someone interested in one of the last NA GTS cars, it's Rennlist.
Why don't you say it's worth it to you and go buy it and move on? Or maybe you don't say anything at all?

Many people on this forum want to cite "free market" but what about "free speech"? This is a forum. It's supposed to be used to exchange information. Some of us criticize these outrageous asking prices to help new buyers get a feel for the values of these cars. My first hand experience tells me this car is overpriced and if I had a friend or even an acquaintance I would advise them to go order a new car. And if someone came to this forum looking for pricing advice I'd want them to know the same.

You want free market put it on eBay.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Just listed my 3.8 GTS in rl classifieds