Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just listed my 3.8 GTS in rl classifieds

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2016, 04:03 PM
UGLYOKI
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

According to my salesman the window for the 991 GTS closed in October. An hour after I committed he said he got three calls from other interested parties and had to turn them away. I checked other local dealers (SF Bay Area) and none of them had any GTS allocations available. Might have been some sales hype, but probably not too far off... Whatever the truth is I'm happy
Old 04-27-2016, 11:29 PM
c_Gio
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

991 GTS = $200k plus, obviously. It's like a GT3rs w/ back seat & manual.
Old 04-27-2016, 11:32 PM
c_Gio
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by elitex
I'll sell my $140k MSRP PDK GTS w/6k miles for MSRP.... Any takers??? 😀
PDK = depreciation. MT = appreciation.
Old 04-27-2016, 11:37 PM
shewu
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by elitex
I'll sell my $140k MSRP PDK GTS w/6k miles for MSRP.... Any takers??? 😀
That's a high mileage car!
Old 04-27-2016, 11:57 PM
duxsi
Burning Brakes

Received 169 Likes on 114 Posts

If the OP chooses to list his car for xx over MSRP, then so be it.
The market will ultimately decide what a 2nd hand GTS with 700 miles is worth.

Such is the beauty of a free market economy.
GLWS
Old 04-28-2016, 01:34 AM
Tangerine
Pro

Received 123 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by c_Gio
991 GTS = $200k plus, obviously. It's like a GT3rs w/ back seat & manual.
Except rumor is the 991.2 GTS will have the 6-speed manual option, yay! Though if you want a backseat, you're back to the GTS. And if you want a manual + backseat + AWD + NA engine, again a 991.1 GTS will be your only option. It's actually pretty interesting playing the "you can have this but not that" game with Porsche.
Old 04-28-2016, 01:40 AM
beaverlake
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 21 Posts

I wonder what the OP thinks of all these exchanges? Not a peep since the original post . . .
Old 04-28-2016, 07:15 AM
Highyo
Pro

Received 50 Likes on 36 Posts

I'm pretty sure this was unplanned and I wish the OP GLWS. All the haters obviously didn't see the amount of after market time and effort put into this thing. It's obviously a passion and probably not a happy story
Old 04-28-2016, 08:18 AM
MJBird993
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by beaverlake
I wonder what the OP thinks of all these exchanges? Not a peep since the original post . . .
He's probably not happy with the hating, but thrilled to get all the traffic that keeps his post up high on the page. Happy to help.

Originally Posted by Highyo
I'm pretty sure this was unplanned and I wish the OP GLWS. All the haters obviously didn't see the amount of after market time and effort put into this thing. It's obviously a passion and probably not a happy story
A passion? Paying someone to add a plastic protector on the car is a passion? Paying someone to add tint to the windows is a passionate enthusiast who never drives the car except to see how his "custom switched" cameras are working? How much effort does it take to write a check? Sorry. The guy that spent two years rebuilding/restoring a 928 to original status, that guy has passion. Everyone else is a poseur.

He's got it listed for sale, firm price, over MSRP, so he's not in any desperate straits as far as I can tell.

I hope I don't come off as a hater; I don't care if he sells it for $150K, more power to him if he can make a profit or break even. I just expressed my doubts and I find the discussion to be amusing.
Old 04-28-2016, 08:51 AM
Sharm
Pro

Received 73 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr. Satan
You mean a Norcal dealer was ASKING over sticker for a used gts last week. Also California is Porsche's largest market in the world and is not representative of the rest of the US.

Just out of curiosity I looked up trade in and private party values on a 2015 911 gts on kbb. (They did not have values on a 2016 yet). Anyway $106,000 to $108,000.

Even paying an outrageous price for one of these used at a dealership should at least get a person cpo and 6 years of warranty.
KBB is worthless. Its numbers are driven by dealers so they can drive trade in values down. Wouldn't trust them, especially for high end cars.
Old 04-28-2016, 08:52 AM
oalvarez
Rennlist Member

Received 52 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by MJBird993
I hope I don't come off as a hater.......I just expressed my doubts and I find the discussion to be amusing.
Nope, just as a realist.
Old 04-28-2016, 09:41 AM
Scorponok
Rennlist Member

Received 86 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by Highyo
Am I the only one that read all the extras and mods and thought "ok, that's actually negative $5k - $10k off of MSRP, NOT extra on top of MSRP."

Mods are a major turn off to me.
Old 04-28-2016, 09:49 AM
Highyo
Pro

Received 50 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by MJBird993
He's probably not happy with the hating, but thrilled to get all the traffic that keeps his post up high on the page. Happy to help.

A passion? Paying someone to add a plastic protector on the car is a passion? Paying someone to add tint to the windows is a passionate enthusiast who never drives the car except to see how his "custom switched" cameras are working? How much effort does it take to write a check? Sorry. The guy that spent two years rebuilding/restoring a 928 to original status, that guy has passion. Everyone else is a poseur.

He's got it listed for sale, firm price, over MSRP, so he's not in any desperate straits as far as I can tell.

I hope I don't come off as a hater; I don't care if he sells it for $150K, more power to him if he can make a profit or break even. I just expressed my doubts and I find the discussion to be amusing.
so now it's up to you what defines a passionate owner of a car? and if they don't fit the bill they get called a poser? nice spelling of poser too

don't worry you don't come off as a hater, just a insufferable douche. you give porsche owners a bad name
Old 04-28-2016, 10:42 AM
duxsi
Burning Brakes

Received 169 Likes on 114 Posts

Old 04-28-2016, 11:48 AM
Dr. Satan
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Sharm
KBB is worthless. Its numbers are driven by dealers so they can drive trade in values down. Wouldn't trust them, especially for high end cars.
Kbb is obviously just a starting point. And most new vehicles lose around 20% as soon as you drive them off the lot, high end or low end. This vehicle lost about $26,000 as soon as it hit the highway. A $25,000 Honda civic lost $5,000 when it left the dealer.

I'm not saying the op's car isn't bad ***. It is. It just is no longer worth msrp. People dont even pay msrp for most vehicles, Porsches included. This car is not rare. Someone threw out a figure of 1600 of them. If there are only 1600 that's because that is all Porsche could sell at $130,000 a pop. It's not a limited edition, it's not old, and it has no race history.

Anyone spending full pop should call around find a dealership discounting on orders. Then march right in and order a 991.2 in the color they want with the transmission they want and with everything else they want.

Quick Reply: Just listed my 3.8 GTS in rl classifieds