Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NEW! Porsche Console Lid with Logo (Extended Height)

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2016, 12:56 PM
Pmorritt
Pro

Received 122 Likes on 67 Posts

SC. I like the idea, but don't want to start pulling stuff apart blind. I need a video from start to finish. I'm a visual learner.
Old 04-22-2016, 09:53 PM
DrCGuerra
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SuncoastParts
You have to remove the carpet/trim behind the center console lid to access the hinge. Once you pull the hinge pin, the entire armrest assembly comes out. This appears to be leatherette, but it looks like leather. If you like silly little trim upgrades, then you will love this. This is a huge improvement over the 991 version. Color choices are limited, we will be offering versions with embossed model logos in the future (Carrera, Carrera S, etc..).
Are you saying that the current center console is leatherette? When do you expect the different versions will be available & will GTS be an option? Lastly, as others have mentioned, a complete video of install. Please don't make the video look a
as simple as the clear side marker replacement video. While simple, not as simple as the video illustrated.
Old 04-23-2016, 09:48 PM
Chris C.
Rennlist Member

Received 525 Likes on 277 Posts

I changed my top out for the PORSCHE lettered alcantara one and there's no need to remove carpets/pins - but this appears to be a whole new unit so I am guessing it is more involved.

Suncoast- When can you confirm please it is leather or Pleather?

Thanks for the innovations!
Old 04-23-2016, 10:55 PM
porscherex
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I confirmed the other day with Suncoast that this extended console is leatherette. All 991 consoles come standard in leather.
Old 04-24-2016, 10:32 AM
Guzzgreg
Racer

Received 117 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by Bents
Can you guys put the PSE systems back on sale please?

kthxbye
THIS...
Old 04-24-2016, 07:47 PM
NoGaBiker
Drifting

Received 228 Likes on 123 Posts

Originally Posted by porscherex
I confirmed the other day with Suncoast that this extended console is leatherette. All 991 consoles come standard in leather.
Yay! Glad it sucks since they don't make Garnet Red.
Old 04-28-2016, 06:17 PM
Green_Hornet
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I really like this idea. I want one.
HOWEVER, I need to see installation instructions before ordering.

- Thanks
Old 04-28-2016, 06:26 PM
Chris C.
Rennlist Member

Really? Pretty sure the OEM one I pulled out of my full leather carrera S was not leather. Historically they are vinyl.
Old 04-28-2016, 08:34 PM
Joec500
Rennlist Member

Received 928 Likes on 550 Posts

I just ordered one! Bob@Sunset Porsche had the best prices.
Old 04-28-2016, 11:14 PM
porscherex
Pro

Originally Posted by Chris C.
Really? Pretty sure the OEM one I pulled out of my full leather carrera S was not leather. Historically they are vinyl.
The base standard interior on the 991's has a console of smooth-finished leather. The leather interior option has a leather console also. Smooth-finished leather is protected (coated) that may look and feel like vinyl since it is covered with a plastic like material.
Old 04-29-2016, 12:01 PM
Chris C.
Rennlist Member

The base standard interior on the 991's has a console of smooth-finished leather. The leather interior option has a leather console also. Smooth-finished leather is protected (coated) that may look and feel like vinyl since it is covered with a plastic like material.
Hmmm good to know, guess I was thrown by that pleather look and the fact that it doesn't have stitching like the leather options offered for example by Suncoast here

http://www.suncoastparts.com/product/SKU9X1PREMIUM.html
Old 04-29-2016, 10:43 PM
porscherex
Pro

Originally Posted by Chris C.
Hmmm good to know, guess I was thrown by that pleather look and the fact that it doesn't have stitching like the leather options offered for example by Suncoast here http://www.suncoastparts.com/product/SKU9X1PREMIUM.html
That's the one I'm saving my pennies for. I was excited about the extended console with such a low price compared to the premium leather in your post. Not interested in leatherette in my full leather interior. Just have to save some more.
Old 04-30-2016, 05:16 AM
mdrobc1213
Rennlist Member

Received 722 Likes on 392 Posts

need to see install instructions in detail first. Am sure like most of us don't want to give the dealership an extra 1.5 hrs of labor to get this one modification done. Just saying...
Old 05-07-2016, 05:33 PM
satoru
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by SuncoastParts
Now available is the Genuine Porsche Extended Height Console Lid with Embossed Logos in Leather or Alcantara!

Replaces the standard arm rest assembly with a taller version with logo. A direct replacement with no modifications, and genuine Porsche parts. Adds more storage capacity to the center console and taller design allows for resting the elbow at a more comfortable height. Aside from fixing these common gripes, the lid comes with an embossed Porsche Crest emblem and double stitching. The fit and finish is fantastic, art for your center console.

Hightlights include:
-Increased center console storage. Extra 1/2 inch of interior storage height in some spots, and side to side room increases from 2.5 inches to almost -5 inches.
-Raised height - almost 1 inch taller. More ergonomic and comfortable for most drivers.
-Gorgeous embossed Porsche crest emblem.
-Premium stitching.

Leather Version: Click Here

Alcantara Version: Click Here
Like the new height and space option but would you know if it will be available in the Alcantara with the "red" stitching to match the GTS interior?

thanks
Old 05-07-2016, 06:00 PM
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Pmorritt
I like the look and the height for my arm to rest on. I would go the leather as opposed to the faux suede. Thinking the Alcantara will begin to show wear very soon.
Agreed. I ordered my car w/ deviated Lava stitching so am disinclined as I want all details to match.

Quick Reply: NEW! Porsche Console Lid with Logo (Extended Height)