Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

991S - no PSE - Sharkwerks vs adding PSE sound?

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2016, 11:34 AM
1atom12
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 991S - no PSE - Sharkwerks vs adding PSE sound?

I have searched the forum till my eyes have bled, but I cannot find any comments on how the sound of the Sharkwerks center bypass sounds vs PSE. My S is not equipped with PSE and I am thinking about adding the Sharkwerks center bypass or having the dealer install the PSE. Obviously the PSE is going to be triple the cost (or more) of the Sharkwerks bypass, but ultimately it's all about the sound quality. I only found one sound clip on YouTube with the Sharkwerks bypass installed on an S and it was hard to get a sense of how the bypass sounded. I do realize the you can't judge an exhaust based on a YouTube video.

Anyone have the Sharkwerks bypass installed on their S? Thoughts on the sound vs the factory PSE?

Last edited by 1atom12; 03-18-2016 at 12:11 PM.
Old 04-14-2016, 04:00 PM
Spammer
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fabspeed X Pipe / Center Bi-Pass w/ stock exhaust

I have a 2015 Carerra S with almost every conceivable option except the PSE. Like you, I too was unsure of what step to take to introduce a slight increase in engine sound without it becoming too much. I chose to go with the Fabspeed X Pipe/center muffler bi-pass. I am waiting for it to arrive and will post an update after it is installed to offer initial impressions. My Porsche technician has informed me that it will be very close to the PSE from a sound perspective, maybe very slightly more loud at the higher rev's. Fingers crossed that it doesn't get too loud, as the You Tube Video posted by Fabspeed (
) shows the increase in sound as very close to what you would hear with the factory PSE engaged. Any performance increase is a bonus as far as I am concerned. Fabspeed has dyno results with the Factory Exhaust intact and it shows a big increase in mid-range and slight increase at max. If it is true, that would be a welcomed bonus!
Old 04-14-2016, 05:04 PM
RobC4sX51
Rennlist Member

Received 67 Likes on 40 Posts

Just be aware that the stock CM is the one with the valves in it! So removing it takes away those valves that open under vacumm at about 3700 rpm I believe. I went w the SW side muffles delete (Race exhaust) as I do not have PSE either. It is louder but more deeper is the main difference. I like it a lot.

Quick Reply: 991S - no PSE - Sharkwerks vs adding PSE sound?