Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pick up a 2016 GTS

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2016, 10:40 AM
X2Board
Pro

Received 94 Likes on 50 Posts

Congrats! Post an intro to the group, when you have the time.
Old 02-12-2016, 12:40 PM
GTSwest
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 4 Posts

Congrats on your recent Targa GTS purchase! I have had my white GTS aero kit cup for almost one year now.

Sat in the AMG a month ago, very complicated car inside and out - the grille treatments / textures would take hours & hours to clean, so different than the super clean and functional Porsche styling!

I am a Dura Ace guy, and love the Shimano XT on my Santa Cruz LTc 29er,

We passed by each other on the waterfront by Gonzales Bay a few weeks back,
likely both our heads turned to see what 911 just went past...

PM me for a drive sometime, there is also a black Carrera 4 GTS in town from the same dealer.
Old 02-12-2016, 04:15 PM
GSIRM3
Drifting

Received 63 Likes on 38 Posts

Beautiful car, congratulations! But, why are you letting the gas cap dangle down on your paint?
Old 02-12-2016, 06:50 PM
Duke I
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by GSIRM3
Beautiful car, congratulations! But, why are you letting the gas cap dangle down on your paint?
Ya, do not ever let us catch you doing that again!! Geeseh!

Great car. That'll do just fine! Congrats!
Old 02-12-2016, 07:21 PM
Dewinator
Drifting

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts

Haha it took me like a year to notice the little hole to stick the gas cap pointy thing in.
Old 02-12-2016, 10:46 PM
shimano105
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GTSwest
Congrats on your recent Targa GTS purchase! I have had my white GTS aero kit cup for almost one year now.

Sat in the AMG a month ago, very complicated car inside and out - the grille treatments / textures would take hours & hours to clean, so different than the super clean and functional Porsche styling!

I am a Dura Ace guy, and love the Shimano XT on my Santa Cruz LTc 29er,

We passed by each other on the waterfront by Gonzales Bay a few weeks back,
likely both our heads turned to see what 911 just went past...

PM me for a drive sometime, there is also a black Carrera 4 GTS in town from the same dealer.
I remember! That's a Sunday nice weather out and I was driving towards the sun without a sunglasses. so I couldn't tell exactly the coming traffic details too much. But from your DRL I knew it's a 911. I thought it is a white GT3 lol.
Yes, I am a beginner on road bikes, currently with a entry level performance bike with full 105 group set. Dura ace is my future goal.
Sure lets go for a drive When weather is nice .
Old 02-12-2016, 10:48 PM
shimano105
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by Duke I
Ya, do not ever let us catch you doing that again!! Geeseh!

Great car. That'll do just fine! Congrats!
haha I will take care of that from now on! Thanks
Old 02-12-2016, 11:10 PM
NoGaBiker
Drifting

Received 220 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by shimano105
Dura ace is my future goal.
Go ahead and go straight to Campy. Save all the angst of the "interim" steps.

LOL, in all seriousness, I had been riding Record since I was a college kid in the eighties. Bought a titanium Merlin Extralight in 2005, iirc, and it came with DuraAce. Price was very good because the shop had had it a year and was dropping high-end bikes. So I bought it and rode it about a year before finally admitting I wanted Campy again and switching it out. Sometimes you just want what you want for no real reason. When I replaced it with a carbon bike in 2012 I just went ahead and got Record 11 in the first place.

On the other hand, I ride several other types of bikes besides race bikes -- touring bikes, folding bikes, a fixie -- and I have Shimano 105 and Ultegra on most of them (except the fixie). Great stuff and a super value.
Old 02-12-2016, 11:24 PM
shimano105
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by NoGaBiker

LOL, in all seriousness, I had been riding Record since I was a college kid in the eighties. Bought a titanium Merlin Extralight in 2005, iirc, and it came with DuraAce. Price was very good because the shop had had it a year and was dropping high-end bikes. So I bought it and rode it about a year before finally admitting I wanted Campy again and switching it out. Sometimes you just want what you want for no real reason. When I replaced it with a carbon bike in 2012 I just went ahead and got Record 11 in the first place.

On the other hand, I ride several other types of bikes besides race bikes -- touring bikes, folding bikes, a fixie -- and I have Shimano 105 and Ultegra on most of them (except the fixie). Great stuff and a super value.
Sometimes you just want what you want for no real reason. it happens to me more than sometimes lol. My next step is Ultegra plus carbon frame, if I found myself really into it. On the other hand I often question myself which is better . A couple titanium bikes or one titanium akrapovic sound system for the car yes, bikes are pricey nowadays!
Old 02-13-2016, 01:26 AM
Tcc1999
Three Wheelin'

Received 73 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by NoGaBiker

God love ya'. I rode Campy Record for 20 years. I loved it, still love it, but I switched to Double Tap SRAM Red in 2014 (so all my bikes would be on the same gear) and will never go back. Campy is super but expensive and I would rather just buy a new Red rear derailleur for $200 than new Campy pulleys for $125 to put on an old mech. Maybe that is just racer mentality, but Red, Super Record, Dura-Ace, they are all very, very good!
Old 02-14-2016, 10:17 PM
GTSwest
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 4 Posts

There is also a lot of great mountain biking here!

https://rennlist.com/forums/attachme...&d=1455502585&
Attached Images  
Old 02-15-2016, 02:09 AM
mdkrp
Burning Brakes

Received 100 Likes on 66 Posts

Congrats on the Targa GTS! One of the coolest versions of the 991.
Old 02-15-2016, 11:21 AM
Mlbraptor
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I like reading about the cars and the bikes....

Quick Reply: Pick up a 2016 GTS