Sponsored by:

What did you buy your 991 today thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2017, 01:54 PM
TK11069
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

- CTEK 3300 battery maintainer
- Washer System - Hose snapped at the hood hinge as is typical. Easy 10 min/$20.00 fix.
Old 01-20-2017, 05:25 PM
Maxr
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can't wait to get this loaded!
Old 01-20-2017, 05:46 PM
wsjchoi
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Maxr
Can't wait to get this loaded!
Let us know how that Cobb tune feels!
Old 01-20-2017, 07:17 PM
Maxr
Instructor

Install took about 15 mins. Super easy! Drove the car in all 3 modes in order to get a before and after comparison. Truly satisfied with the tune. As others have reviewed, the shifts are crisper and the RPMs hold longer for smoother shifts, especially when in normal mode. The car is more enjoyable to drive when just cruising on the side roads.

Now sport and sport + are a whole different story. I usually drive in Sport mode and am pretty accustomed to the car's performance in that mode. I dropped the pedal from about 5mph and all 4 wheels on my c4s were spinning. Before the Cobb Tune NEVER, EVER has the car done that. I now have AWE exhaust, IPD Plenum and BMC Filters and all together the car is an absolute beast!
Old 01-20-2017, 07:32 PM
wsjchoi
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Install took about 15 mins. Super easy! Drove the car in all 3 modes in order to get a before and after comparison. Truly satisfied with the tune. As others have reviewed, the shifts are crisper and the RPMs hold longer for smoother shifts, especially when in normal mode. The car is more enjoyable to drive when just cruising on the side roads.

Now sport and sport + are a whole different story. I usually drive in Sport mode and am pretty accustomed to the car's performance in that mode. I dropped the pedal from about 5mph and all 4 wheels on my c4s were spinning. Before the Cobb Tune NEVER, EVER has the car done that. I now have AWE exhaust, IPD Plenum and BMC Filters and all together the car is an absolute beast!
Thanks for the review!
Definitely gotta get myself one
Old 01-20-2017, 07:34 PM
First991
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had a chance to do mine yesterday. What I pick up on the most is the torque down low. I get the impression that a stock C2S has a hesitation when you start off the line but after the basic stage 1 tune much of that is eliminated. Feels like its where it should be, coasting up to the higher RPM's where the real power is.

Although I don't think its turns into the beast that some reports claim it to be... but perhaps its because mine is on stage 1 w/ 91 octane and otherwise stock parts. It definitely brings out more character to the car, so I'm happy that I got it with no regrets.

Looking forward to a track day with a remap on some 93 or 100 octane
Old 01-20-2017, 09:12 PM
spaceheater
AutoX

Originally Posted by Prschntr
Has anyone purchased rear all-season mats for 991? 2 kids sitting in the back with muddy shoes is keeping me paranoid.
I got the Lloyd Rubbertite Mats from Suncoast. They were the only rear all-season mats i could find. They have some wells to catch water and dirt, not as good as the WeatherTechs I have in the front, but they work pretty well. It was that or make my son wear a trash bag when he got in the car.
Old 01-20-2017, 11:06 PM
Maxr
Instructor

Originally Posted by First991
I had a chance to do mine yesterday. What I pick up on the most is the torque down low. I get the impression that a stock C2S has a hesitation when you start off the line but after the basic stage 1 tune much of that is eliminated. Feels like its where it should be, coasting up to the higher RPM's where the real power is.

Although I don't think its turns into the beast that some reports claim it to be... but perhaps its because mine is on stage 1 w/ 91 octane and otherwise stock parts. It definitely brings out more character to the car, so I'm happy that I got it with no regrets.

Looking forward to a track day with a remap on some 93 or 100 octane
I agree with you. The torque curve is down lower. After reading others reviews that was one of the reasons I bought it. I did feel the same slight hesitation in the lower RPM range. It's smoother all the way through. I'm driving on a 91 map with 92 octane. I did notice more too end too, but my a** dyno could be just trying to justify the expense

Last edited by Maxr; 01-21-2017 at 10:44 AM.
Old 01-21-2017, 01:12 AM
joeyrocks
Advanced

Originally Posted by MagicRat
People kill people, but guns sure help. Also, apparently, this:

https://www.newscientist.com/article...ot-and-killed/

But I agree let's get back to cars. As a peace offering to the group, here is a picture of my shiny new Techart paddle conversion. I was considering the wheel swap that some have done but just couldn't live without my MF buttons. These paddles feel very good - a shorter throw than a 991.1 OE paddle but not quite as slick as the .2, and of course not metal Big improvement in wheel appearance as well though I feel. There is also something about having ones fingers around paddles while driving that makes the car feel even more solid and spaceship-like. Don't ask me why.

Oh wow, intolerant, angry and aggressive folks such as yourself are the cause for so many failures in America today.

You are the lesbian woman who screamed "nooooooo!!!!" On the floor as Trump was inaugurated today, am I right?!?!
Old 01-21-2017, 05:36 AM
MagicRat
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by joeyrocks
Oh wow, intolerant, angry and aggressive folks such as yourself are the cause for so many failures in America today.

You are the lesbian woman who screamed "nooooooo!!!!" On the floor as Trump was inaugurated today, am I right?!?!
Well you're part right, so you still get a cookie

Now let's get back to sticking with cars.
Old 01-21-2017, 12:22 PM
RobC4sX51
Rennlist Member

Received 67 Likes on 40 Posts

I had GiroDisc rotors installed on the front yesterday. My oem drilled rotors had hairline cracks on almost every hole. Got 24k miles and 6 track days out of them. The GD are 10mm larger at 350mm and are slotted instead of drilled for better heat cycle life. I haven't "bedded" them in yet as I didn't have time but I will as soon as I get back from a trip. Apex Performance is where I bought mine. Great experience.
Old 01-21-2017, 01:00 PM
cajerseyboy
Rennlist Member

Received 180 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by RobC4sX51
I had GiroDisc rotors installed on the front yesterday. My oem drilled rotors had hairline cracks on almost every hole. Got 24k miles and 6 track days out of them. The GD are 10mm larger at 350mm and are slotted instead of drilled for better heat cycle life. I haven't "bedded" them in yet as I didn't have time but I will as soon as I get back from a trip. Apex Performance is where I bought mine. Great experience.
I have completed a similar amount of track days. Considering GiroDisc rotors to replace OEM and would love to hear your thoughts.
Old 01-21-2017, 01:26 PM
RobC4sX51
Rennlist Member

Received 67 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by NA430GTS
I have completed a similar amount of track days. Considering GiroDisc rotors to replace OEM and would love to hear your thoughts.
I will pm you after I bed them in and put a few miles on them. They are lighter, thicker, and taller rotors. The look (sorry no pic as it was nearly dark when I picked it up) is really nice. They even look more performance oriented. Made in Washington State. Call Clark at Apex. Free shipping and best price.
Old 01-21-2017, 02:39 PM
sctanton52
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Full set of Lloyds Floor Mats
2 sets of Dark Metallic Blue Key covers
2 Leather covers for the Keys
Old 01-21-2017, 06:37 PM
991carreradriver
Rennlist Member

Received 426 Likes on 239 Posts

Just bought the Kahtec third brake light flashing module.

Quick Reply: What did you buy your 991 today thread