Sponsored by:

What did you buy your 991 today thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2017, 01:12 PM
Dbull65
Racer

Received 35 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by MagicRat
I hear you, but blasphemy doesn't kill people and guns do, so they are not equivalent problems. Also, if we are taking the name of God seriously, His very own Sixth Commandment might suggest 'goddamn(ed)' to be an adjective for guns He would agree with.
Actually, People kill People. and now back to cars
Old 01-15-2017, 01:28 PM
Prschntr
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Back to cars...Please keep politics and religion out of here.
Waiting on the arrival of my first Porsche tomorrow. 991.2 GT silver manual cab w PSE. Getting delivered to me from dealership out of state. Kevin at Beachwood Porsche has been awesome.

PURCHASED:
A new home!!
Xpel front fender and full hood
new winter shoes
clear side LED marker
Front hood protector
Frunk bin
Old 01-15-2017, 01:37 PM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,524 Likes on 1,571 Posts

Those are some beefy looking treads there.

Congrats!
Old 01-15-2017, 01:43 PM
sctanton52
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Prschntr
Waiting on the arrival of my first Porsche tomorrow. 991.2 GT silver manual cab w PSE. Getting delivered to me from dealership out of state. Kevin at Beachwood Porsche has been awesome.

new winter shoes
Congrats! What model are the winter boots? Tread looks a bit more aggressive than on the Pirellis I run on the Cayenne and V60. But it just be the angle the picture was taken.
Old 01-15-2017, 02:11 PM
MagicRat
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

People kill people, but guns sure help. Also, apparently, this:

https://www.newscientist.com/article...ot-and-killed/

But I agree let's get back to cars. As a peace offering to the group, here is a picture of my shiny new Techart paddle conversion. I was considering the wheel swap that some have done but just couldn't live without my MF buttons. These paddles feel very good - a shorter throw than a 991.1 OE paddle but not quite as slick as the .2, and of course not metal Big improvement in wheel appearance as well though I feel. There is also something about having ones fingers around paddles while driving that makes the car feel even more solid and spaceship-like. Don't ask me why.

Old 01-15-2017, 02:14 PM
Mlbraptor
Burning Brakes

^^^^ Looks nice..
Old 01-15-2017, 02:18 PM
Paul007
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Prschntr View Post

new winter shoes

Frunk bin

I bet you are excited. Actually today (Jan 15) is my 1 year Porsche anniversary (991 GTS Cab). You will enjoy the Cab experience, so exhilarating. It makes driving to the office in the morning a pleasure.
Old 01-15-2017, 02:46 PM
R_Rated
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Jnosol
Whoa whoa whoa, guys... This is meant for a friendly thread to show off what you bought for your car. Those who love guns like me, let's start a separate thread in the "Firearms and Accessories" section. Agree with MagicRat, this is considered off-topic and may be offensive to some.

https://rennlist.com/forums/firearms...cessories-173/

And for the record, there are as much deaths cause by car accidents as guns in the US each year. Guns don't magically kill innocent people without an operator (like cars), idiots operating guns and cars do. Those law abiding citizens like me, do carry a gun and take extreme safety cautions/measures. It's like a condom, rather have it and not need than need it and not have it.

There's too many pros and cons arguments to start this type of thread here. So let's end it and post your arguments in the correct section.

Back to topic, I bought a Bell M.8 helmet. It's so light and tons of visibility. The carbon fiber version is actually more expensive and heavier, so stick with the regular version unless you like bling. Keep in mind the Bell do run a size larger compared to Euro brand, so if you wear L in Arai, you'll wear M for Bell.

P.S. The thing I love about car people is we rest all of our differences aside and agree that we love cars.
There are far more deaths caused by cars each year... its about 1,000 to 1....
Old 01-15-2017, 02:56 PM
ABE992
Advanced

Received 42 Likes on 18 Posts

Why so sensitive? I like guns though.
Old 01-15-2017, 02:56 PM
Porsche_nuts
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,116 Likes on 666 Posts

more death by cars than by guns --- silly analogy
Old 01-15-2017, 08:11 PM
vivalaReagan
Instructor

Received 47 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by MagicRat
People kill people, but guns sure help. Also, apparently, this:

https://www.newscientist.com/article...ot-and-killed/

But I agree let's get back to cars. As a peace offering to the group, here is a picture of my shiny new Techart paddle conversion. I was considering the wheel swap that some have done but just couldn't live without my MF buttons. These paddles feel very good - a shorter throw than a 991.1 OE paddle but not quite as slick as the .2, and of course not metal Big improvement in wheel appearance as well though I feel. There is also something about having ones fingers around paddles while driving that makes the car feel even more solid and spaceship-like. Don't ask me why.

you agree to get back to cars but not before linking an anti-gun article? i find that to be disingenuous, magicrat.

for every article like the one you linked, there are just as many stating the opposite.

https://marquettewire.org/3806651/tr...es-study-says/

a picture of a gun never hurt anyone. it's amazing how delicate & sensitive we've become as a society. geez...
Old 01-15-2017, 08:13 PM
Prschntr
Intermediate

Originally Posted by sctanton52
Congrats! What model are the winter boots? Tread looks a bit more aggressive than on the Pirellis I run on the Cayenne and V60. But it just be the angle the picture was taken.
pirelli sottozero
decided to go with 19s in the winter, keep the carerra s 20s the rest of the year.
Old 01-15-2017, 08:38 PM
sctanton52
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Prschntr
pirelli sottozero
decided to go with 19s in the winter, keep the carerra s 20s the rest of the year.
Thank you for getting back to just cars! My dang winter tires are so dirty I got to go clean the sidewalls before I can read what model they actually are. I will get back to you later on the model.

On a side note I actually got stuck a little today in my V60, but I am running 18" low-profile winter tires on that car. I got high centered on a snow drift for a bit.
Old 01-15-2017, 09:44 PM
NOSUB2T
Racer

Received 69 Likes on 37 Posts

Minus taking the Lord's name in vain, I am in complete agreement. This is a forum about our wonderful cars. There are plenty of forums out there for gun lovers.
Old 01-16-2017, 06:15 AM
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 196 Likes on 131 Posts

A self moderated thread...a rarity on Rennlist.

Quick Reply: What did you buy your 991 today thread