Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Check Tyres Warning

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2016, 11:46 AM
eddtiff
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok I filled the tyre up with air as much as I could to 34 lbs but the warning still shows. If I actually have a tyre puncture, should I be seeing the warning I am seeing or will say it say 'Tyre Pressure' instead?

Originally Posted by Porsche_nuts
You could have a bad TPMS.
I'm beginning to think this is the case. Will probably have to take it in.
Old 02-12-2016, 05:10 PM
Penn4S
Rennlist Member

Received 1,300 Likes on 730 Posts

Again sometimes the TPMS goes bad or the system need to be rebooted. I was getting low tire pressure warnings for a period of time with no fix trying to reset on my own. Dealer took 10 minutes to do a reboot and all was good.
Old 02-12-2016, 09:37 PM
eddtiff
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Penn4S
Again sometimes the TPMS goes bad or the system need to be rebooted. I was getting low tire pressure warnings for a period of time with no fix trying to reset on my own. Dealer took 10 minutes to do a reboot and all was good.
Hi Penn4s, just to confirm, when you were trying to reset yourself, were you changing from summer to winter or from 19 to 20 inches?
Old 02-13-2016, 10:34 AM
Penn4S
Rennlist Member

Received 1,300 Likes on 730 Posts

Originally Posted by eddtiff
Hi Penn4s, just to confirm, when you were trying to reset yourself, were you changing from summer to winter or from 19 to 20 inches?
I tried everything to get it to reset and I kept getting warnings and the little tire symbol on the dash. I brought to the dealer for an oil change and all they had to do was reboot it. Don't know specifically how but took no time and works perfect now. I run the fronts at 32 and the rears at 36 and never get a warning. My TPMS were new in a set of MPSS that had worked perfectly before. Sometimes the just need to "kick" the system awake.

Quick Reply: Check Tyres Warning