Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Extended Warranties

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2017, 01:01 AM
shivt1988
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I purchased CNA from my dealer. Ask immediately for the best price they can do. No experience with them so far, which is a good thing in a way.
Old 03-24-2017, 01:20 AM
Dewinator
Drifting

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by tresean1
I am about to purchase a Cayenne and an E-class and will need an extended warranty on both, and just wanted to know if I should put all my eggs (trust in them).

Any real-life examples are helpful. Thanks!
So insurance works by risk pooling right? Multiple people pay in more than they're expected to get back because of the small chance they avoid getting stuck with a huge bill if something goes wrong.

Real life example: you can literally risk pool with yourself! Put away they money you'd spend on both policies and you can use it for anything that goes wrong and likely have a bunch left over!
Old 03-24-2017, 05:39 AM
wisky
Rennlist Member

Received 87 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by Dewinator
So insurance works by risk pooling right? Multiple people pay in more than they're expected to get back because of the small chance they avoid getting stuck with a huge bill if something goes wrong.

Real life example: you can literally risk pool with yourself! Put away they money you'd spend on both policies and you can use it for anything that goes wrong and likely have a bunch left over!
+1.

Warranty companies are profitable for a reason - you are paying a premium over the actual expected risk of mechanical failure parts / labor. And when purchasing from a dealer they are marking it up a few hundred dollars or more. I like to self-insure when possible unless the insurance is too cheap to turn down.

Does CNA or any other 3rd party warranty pay the dealer directly? A few local mechanics I know loathe having to make a claim through some of these 3rd party warranties and say its like pulling teeth - especially on a costly repair.

Quick Reply: Extended Warranties