Used 2013 C2S advice

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2015, 02:22 AM
RR911
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Used 2013 C2S advice

First post here - Hello

I am looking for a used C2S as my first Porsche. After a couple of months of reading, I think I know what are the must have options for me .

Given this, I am actively looking into the market and aiming for a 2012/2013 preferably with CPO (I have been looking into the Hot for sale thread - Tks STG991!).

Most of the cars available are from dealers so I have no idea (other than KBB) what´s the value when we deal with private sellers.

What´s the expected private seller price for a late 2012/earlier 2013 car with +/- 10K miles, PSE, Sport+ and leather interior?

Thanks!
Old 12-07-2015, 02:41 AM
German_Saint
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

search. porscheusa.com to pull a few cars with your specs. http://locator.porsche.com/ipl-custo...arch.ipl?cid=1

Looking at CPO units with PSE. $80k asking. seems you'd do well if you could be in the low $70's w/ your options.
You can find vehicles regardless of options if you keep an eye out - you can find a car sometimes with all your options and more for the same price as a lightly optioned vehicle. Takes a bit of luck, but worth it if you can find one you like.
Old 12-07-2015, 06:23 AM
mikeearly
Pro

Received 58 Likes on 34 Posts

I paid 90k for mine (a Cabrio with similar specs but no pse) in October of last year. I'm guessing that if you found an owner willing to sell out quick you could probably get mid 70's for non-Cabrio . that being said, I don't think that is going to be an easy find ... probably end up closer to upper 70's / low 80's.

best wishes with your quest....
Old 12-07-2015, 09:34 AM
MJBird993
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

You want CPO but you want it from a private party? Are you sure? That means a two-owner at minimum, and makes the search all that more difficult.

I find that most PP sellers try to get dealer retail for their car. Finding someone who doesn't think that their car is 'special' and worth more than anything else is difficult. Dealers, on the other hand, typically price their car for the market (or what the market will bear) rather than just dreaming about what they want. In other words, individuals sell the car for what they "need" to get, for payoff, comfort, whatever, whereas dealers price it to sell - with a nice profit.

All things being equal, it doesn't matter if you buy it from a dealer or an individual, except that it's usually easier via a dealer. Price is price, the market is the market. It totally depends on the car. I know that KBB values a PP lower than a dealer, but that's based on the assumption that a dealer reconditions the car to a higher level than an individual. That's probably accurate for a 5 year-old Camry, but a four year-old 911 garage queen shouldn't need much.
Old 12-07-2015, 07:03 PM
RR911
Intermediate

Thank you for the feedback.

To make it clear, CPO isn't a must have. I was just saying that I would prefer a CPO that's why I am looking into dealer cars. However, I saw that some persons are buying from private sellers and I am trying to figure out what's the "right value" when it's sold by a private.

As MJBird993 mention, what I am seeing is that most private sellers think that they have a 'special' one. and prices are crazy - will try to continue to offer a reasonable price (from my POV and the reason of this thread).
Old 12-07-2015, 07:11 PM
STG
Race Director

Received 193 Likes on 137 Posts

I would suggest focusing on finding the right car for you regardless from a dealer or a private party. The price has to be right either way. I see unrealistic dealer prices, and more often than not unrealistic private sellers too.

Dealers always have the advantage of being able to offer a CPO warranty and financing options as well. Trade-in sales tax credits as well. Plus most high end car buyers feel better buying from a shiny Porsche showroom. More the case with the newer 911's. The old stuff, usually all private sellers.
Old 12-07-2015, 07:13 PM
oalvarez
Rennlist Member

Received 52 Likes on 36 Posts

i might have one depending on your preference for color, etc.......but most importantly, what region are you in? if you intend on staying on as a member here you might want to at least include your location (or thereabouts) in your profile found in the Control Panel (CP) above.

and yes, mine is a 2013, CPO, has 17k miles and nicely optioned (pse, spasm, full leather, 18 way seats, etc).
Old 12-07-2015, 07:19 PM
RR911
Intermediate

Originally Posted by oalvarez
i might have one depending on your preference for color, etc.......but most importantly, what region are you in? if you intend on staying on as a member here you might want to at least include your location (or thereabouts) in your profile found in the Control Panel (CP) above.

and yes, mine is a 2013, CPO, has 17k miles and nicely optioned (pse, spasm, full leather, 18 way seats, etc).
I am in Seattle, WA (profile updated!). Wrt to color, I am looking for a black or white. Can you share the VIN and some pictures with me - private msg?
Old 12-07-2015, 07:20 PM
oalvarez
Rennlist Member

^ of course.
Old 12-07-2015, 07:36 PM
oalvarez
Rennlist Member

i tried sending you a PM but for whatever reason am not able to. perhaps it's due to a setting in your control panel and/or profile.
Old 12-07-2015, 07:39 PM
RR911
Intermediate

Originally Posted by oalvarez
i tried sending you a PM but for whatever reason am not able to. perhaps it's due to a setting in your control panel and/or profile.
Sent you an email with my email address. I think I need to have more than x posts to be able to receive/send PMs.

Quick Reply: Used 2013 C2S advice