GTS spare tire

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2015, 09:06 PM
freeman
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

Last attempt-

I had an aftermarket donut spare (along with scissors jack and wrench) from a 996 as a spare for my 2013 991 C2 with 19" wheels. I purchased the wheel package from LA dismantler. I also bought a 7 mm spacer and longer lug nuts from Porsche. It fit perfectly as a replacement for my front wheels. In the case of replacing the rear wheels, I just had to put the front wheel on the rear and place the spare on the front. It worked great. The spare also fit in the frunk with room-to-spare. I sold it with the 2013 991 C2. The whole thing cost $1100 for a full size spare wheel that only fits in the back seat. That is the wheel without accessories.

I now own a 2015 991 GTS with 20" wheels. Does anyone know of a donut spare for a GTS? If so, what are its specifications? Where is it purchased? I have blown two left rears on the 2013 before 1500 miles and one on the GTS at 1600. Absence of a spare tire, jack and lug-wrench is uncivilized.

Please supply information if you have such. If not, other information or attempts at humor are neither appreciated or useful. Please try to behave kindly.
Old 12-08-2015, 01:15 AM
mathfuzzy
Rennlist Member

Received 397 Likes on 134 Posts

Originally Posted by freeman
Does anyone know of a donut spare for a GTS? If so, what are its specifications? Where is it purchased?.
Sorry Marc - I looked but couldn't find one after my right rear blew. I've resigned myself to a mobile phone and AAA premium membership as plan B a if the can of goo and air compressor don't work. I may add a tire plug kit too.

I have to say that I didn't enjoy the feeling of being nearly stranded. Thankfully my cell phone worked and there were houses nearby if it didn't.

Quick Reply: GTS spare tire