Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stripper GTS - what options will I miss?

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2015, 02:07 AM
fansonly
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Stripper GTS - what options will I miss?

So, I've negotiated two competitive (equivalent discount) deals on inbound GTS' - both in the color I want.

One car is a 100% stripper - no options. Nada.

The other car has the GTS interior, roof, bose and the rear camera.

I don't really care about the bose very much. The roof.. some what...

But the GTS interior does seem to make the car special. Did anyone go without? Did you wish you had gotten it in retrospect?

And the rear camera - has anyone gotten an aftermarket or retrofitted an OEM camera?

Thanks, guys.
Old 12-04-2015, 07:55 AM
Michael_s
Rennlist Member

Received 54 Likes on 27 Posts

Getting camera added to PCM is easy.... pricey but easy.
Old 12-04-2015, 08:07 AM
PatrickC23
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am probably going to be the only one here that opted not to get the GTS interior. I loved the deviated stitching but can't stand carbon fiber, and given that, couldn't justify the cost of the option. I preferred the black aluminum and alcantara was standard. I was confused, but on the configurator adding GTS Interior required two options which equaled $7900 and that wasn't worth it to me versus the PDLS plus, rear camera, PDK, 18 ways, GT Silver must have options for me. The other option is probably to add the leather so that it could be stitched, but I never looked into it because that was out from Day 1.

If choosing between a car with no options though, I would probably pick the one with the GTS interior.
Old 12-04-2015, 08:12 AM
ibmiked
Pro

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by PatrickC23
I am probably going to be the only one here that opted not to get the GTS interior. I loved the deviated stitching but can't stand carbon fiber, and given that, couldn't justify the cost of the option. I preferred the black aluminum and alcantara was standard. I was confused, but on the configurator adding GTS Interior required two options which equaled $7900 and that wasn't worth it to me versus the PDLS plus, rear camera, PDK, 18 ways, GT Silver must have options for me. The other option is probably to add the leather so that it could be stitched, but I never looked into it because that was out from Day 1.

If choosing between a car with no options though, I would probably pick the one with the GTS interior.
I also opted to not get the deviated stitching option, which was $3,800. Keep in mind that you'll still get the alcantara interior, which to me is 98% of what makes the GTS interior special.
Old 12-04-2015, 08:18 AM
GSIRM3
Drifting

Received 63 Likes on 38 Posts

I like the GTS Interior Package and 18 way seats, and would miss that. I would also miss SPASM. Obviously, if you want PDK, you would miss not having that. I don't think the Bose is as bad as many say, and would miss that. Sunroof is a personal preference, but I like the appearance of the glass top on my white GTS, and like the extra light it lets into the cabin. The black top seems to fit well with the other black accents on the GTS.

Last edited by GSIRM3; 12-04-2015 at 10:56 AM.
Old 12-04-2015, 08:20 AM
Sharm
Pro

Received 73 Likes on 42 Posts
Default Stripper GTS - what options will I miss?

No GTS interior here and hardly miss it. Tbh, I traded in a targa which had full leather and specced deviated stitching and I realized after sitting in it a dozen or so times I stopped admiring it. The alcantara standard interior is already pretty nice without it.
Old 12-04-2015, 08:55 AM
STG
Race Director

Received 193 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by fansonly
So, I've negotiated two competitive (equivalent discount) deals on inbound GTS' - both in the color I want.

One car is a 100% stripper - no options. Nada.

The other car has the GTS interior, roof, bose and the rear camera.

I don't really care about the bose very much. The roof.. some what...

But the GTS interior does seem to make the car special. Did anyone go without? Did you wish you had gotten it in retrospect?

And the rear camera - has anyone gotten an aftermarket or retrofitted an OEM camera?

Thanks, guys.
What is the desired color??

Have you consider used? Many 2015's coming up for sale. I just listed one yesterday for $24K off sticker with only 5K miles. Selling for only $99K. In the "hot for sale" stickie. I say buy one decently optioned that has taken a nice depreciation hit. These "strippers" will lose $15K by the time they hit 500 miles.

To top things off, strippers are hard to sell come resale time. Buyers do like basic options if paying good $$$$

I'd say for a GTS a few must haves:

SPASM
14 ways
Bose

The Alcantara interior pkg is a nice touch too. Goes with the theme, in addition to CL wheels.
Old 12-04-2015, 10:13 AM
PatrickC23
Racer

Originally Posted by ibmiked
I also opted to not get the deviated stitching option, which was $3,800. Keep in mind that you'll still get the alcantara interior, which to me is 98% of what makes the GTS interior special.
Originally Posted by Sharm
No GTS interior here and hardly miss it. Tbh, I traded in a targa which had full leather and specced deviated stitching and I realized after sitting in it a dozen or so times I stopped admiring it. The alcantara standard interior is already pretty nice without it.
You guys mind posting some pics of your interiors? I feel as if I havent seen any standard GTS interiors other than on the configurator. Yes, the fact that you still had all the alcantara bits sold me, plus the GTS is also embroidered on the seats, but in black. For me it came down to which options were more important to me, and I wanted the 4 point DRLs and rear cam regardless of price.
Old 12-04-2015, 10:39 AM
TorqueChap
Three Wheelin'

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

I'm a firm believer that the GTS interior and CL wheels make this car extra special. Surely, in certain colors, an all-leather certainly can make sense. (When I originally spec'd my car it was Rhodium Silver over Garnet Red throughout.)

Get what makes you happy. While you won't recover the price differential of a loaded car, the right options will bring you pleasure and help in resale down the road.
Old 12-04-2015, 11:37 AM
hsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

I would personally go with the stripper GTS. The GTS already comes standard with so many excellent options. Its such a great overall package.
Old 12-04-2015, 11:58 AM
c_Gio
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Only have a few options on mine, and very happy. Do not have GTS interior. Daily driver so went with premium plus and 18 ways. That's it! Do not miss a sunroof, never use on my cars that have it. Do not miss the Bose, car too loud to enjoy anything more expensive. Oh and I have the rear view camera.... Because having it on other cars for so long has degraded my parking skills!
Old 12-04-2015, 12:19 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,858 Likes on 1,902 Posts

I have a performance build S with no 'luxury' options at all and I only have one comment. You do want the Bose. While it's not epic by any means, it's waaaay better than the base radio. I have Bose in my Cayman and the base HD radio in my Carrera and there is a big difference. I would never do the base radio unless you really don't want to ever turn on the radio.
Old 12-04-2015, 12:24 PM
PatrickC23
Racer

Originally Posted by Archimedes
I have a performance build S with no 'luxury' options at all and I only have one comment. You do want the Bose. While it's not epic by any means, it's waaaay better than the base radio. I have Bose in my Cayman and the base HD radio in my Carrera and there is a big difference. I would never do the base radio unless you really don't want to ever turn on the radio.
But doesnt the best audio option come standard on the GTS in the form of PSE?
Old 12-04-2015, 12:24 PM
TrappistMonk
Pro

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Stripper ... those are the best 911's.
Old 12-04-2015, 02:41 PM
neurotic
Rennlist Member

Received 545 Likes on 261 Posts

The only options you want on a GTS: manual transmission, RWD, no sunroof, and PASM...everything else is fluff

This is what I have on my GTS and I couldn't be happier. I didn't get the review camera as I hated the look of it (yes, I'm that OCD) and I don't plan on parking it anywhere where there is cars or people. I got the standard sound system which is garbage, the BOSE is a little less garbage but not worth the extra money. Besides, you have one the best sounding Porsches--why get a sound system?

Quick Reply: Stripper GTS - what options will I miss?