Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Club Coupe arrived today - bitter sweet

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2015, 12:22 PM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,388 Likes on 2,509 Posts

Maybe they tried pushing the car into the transporter....the last few feet, and mucked up the rear bumper cover.
Old 11-30-2015, 12:30 PM
theporscheguy
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Every transport company that I've hired or the selling dealer has hired has always noted even the slightest damage to a car before being loaded. Did this take place? If both you and the driver noticed the damage as soon as he opened the doors he certainly should have noticed the damage prior to loading and should have made record of it. Moreover the transport driver usually also notifies the dealer of the damage so that they can take action before the vehicle even leaves their facility.
Old 11-30-2015, 12:31 PM
Hothonda
Burning Brakes

Received 34 Likes on 17 Posts

Congrats on getting your new CC....detailers time will pass quickly -
amazing transformations to "like it never happened".
Old 11-30-2015, 12:44 PM
STG
Race Director

Received 193 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by LexVan
Maybe they tried pushing the car into the transporter....the last few feet, and mucked up the rear bumper cover.
Looks like the rear bumper was rubbing up against the back door when transporting maybe? I'm guessing this all happened with this delivery from dealer to house. I bet the car wasn't secured enough with straps and was moving slightly in the trailer.

More pics would be helpful too. Keep us posted with more details and what the dealer says. Who arranged delivery too?

Sorry to hear about this!
Old 11-30-2015, 12:58 PM
abokor
Rennlist Member

Received 82 Likes on 58 Posts

I had a similar issue. My car had a slight dent on the side skirt. Shipping Co. driver and I noted the issue on the bill of lading. I took it to a body shop, got a quote to fix it and the shipping company cut me a check for $2,500 (cost to repair).
Old 11-30-2015, 01:06 PM
LexVan
Banned

I think I'm seeing the damage better with a different computer screen. Probably from not being properly secured, as noted by STG991.

I bet the dealership took pictures prior to the door closing and was perfect.

Shipper will be responsible for:

$600 new bumper cover
$600 paint $ labor
$200 new badges

About $1,400. Will be good as new.

Start finding a great paint shop for the match.
Old 11-30-2015, 02:16 PM
Tcc1999
Three Wheelin'

Received 73 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by theporscheguy
Every transport company that I've hired or the selling dealer has hired has always noted even the slightest damage to a car before being loaded. Did this take place? If both you and the driver noticed the damage as soon as he opened the doors he certainly should have noticed the damage prior to loading and should have made record of it. Moreover the transport driver usually also notifies the dealer of the damage so that they can take action before the vehicle even leaves their facility.
This.^^^ I've only transported three times (none with a 911) but each time the transporter noted every minor blemish, dent or ding. They do this when they pick up (with the shipper signing off) and when they drop off with you (or your agent) signing off. I'd expect most, if not all, transport companies to be fastidious about this so potential damages in relation to chain of custody never becomes an issue. Legally, it should not matter if the dealer (shipper) took pictures or not. If the transporter and the shipper signed off on a clean, undamaged car with no remarks or notations, it the liability of the transporter if it shows up at your door with any damage. (I had a transporter once take 45 minutes to detail every ding, dent and scratch in a crappy Corolla (corporate move) and then he walked me through and pointed out every notation that he made.)
Old 11-30-2015, 02:54 PM
STG
Race Director

Received 193 Likes on 137 Posts

I think I'm seeing the damage better with a different computer screen. Probably from not being properly secured, as noted by STG991.

I bet the dealership took pictures prior to the door closing and was perfect.

Shipper will be responsible for:

$600 new bumper cover
$600 paint $ labor
$200 new badges

About $1,400. Will be good as new.

Start finding a great paint shop for the match.
Looked at it on my desktop with large pictures a well.

Looks like scratches are deep and through paint. Bumper doesn't look cracked (shouldn't need replacement). Repaint of bumper is for sure. This should be called "not your average buff job". No paint correction is solving this. Even a repaint job and new badge, you're over $1K for a quality job. The match on a non metallic paint like this won't be fun.

Not sure how the other scratches on the side are. Hope not as bad.

I'm 99.9% sure this happened in this trailer from dealer to house delivery.
Old 11-30-2015, 08:05 PM
mathfuzzy
Rennlist Member

Received 397 Likes on 134 Posts

Congratulations on finally taking delivery, and sorry to hear about the mishap. Sounds like your head is in a good place though; it'll get fixed and then you'll have a fantastic car.

Please keep us posted.
Old 11-30-2015, 09:48 PM
Mark FM
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 19 Posts
Default Things are looking up!

I took the car into a body shop that I trust and they say it is all in the clear coat and that all of the abrasions should buff out. If not, they will color-sand. The only downer is that all of the rear emblems will need to be replaced. The dealer balked at having anyone else touch the car, let alone paying anything to another body shop! (REALLY - after buying in excess of $600K in cars from this dealership - short memory I guess!)

I did finally point-out that it was their reputation, not mine, that was on the line! Miraculously, they have now agreed to pay my body shop to fix this mess! Car goes in tomorrow and I will post the "after" pictures when it returns!

I think I can finally sleep tonight - the last 28 hours have been long!!!

Mark
Old 11-30-2015, 09:57 PM
LexVan
Banned

Mark, will the body shop re-clear the bumper after wet sanding?
Old 12-01-2015, 08:10 AM
trysixty
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

beautiful car, sorry about the problem.....if you are 130 miles from Bend (N,S or E) your in the middle of nowhere. Are any of the roads paved to drive that beautiful car? I'd get a Macan GTS. Keep us posted on dealer response, I'm thinking of spending some time there (Bend) next summer.
Old 12-01-2015, 09:50 AM
Quadcammer
Race Director

Received 1,369 Likes on 793 Posts

Loss of what value? How would you calculate? With a proper paint correction and sealant wax, that car will be worth MORE....not less.
right?

these are swirls marks. A porter cable and some meguairs 105/205 and this will look better than when it left the factory.

loss of value? seriously??????

Edit: very hard to see in the pic. You may have some actual scratches in there. Either way, it will get resolved.
Old 12-01-2015, 09:54 AM
Quadcammer
Race Director

Received 1,369 Likes on 793 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark FM
I took the car into a body shop that I trust and they say it is all in the clear coat and that all of the abrasions should buff out. If not, they will color-sand. The only downer is that all of the rear emblems will need to be replaced. The dealer balked at having anyone else touch the car, let alone paying anything to another body shop! (REALLY - after buying in excess of $600K in cars from this dealership - short memory I guess!)

I did finally point-out that it was their reputation, not mine, that was on the line! Miraculously, they have now agreed to pay my body shop to fix this mess! Car goes in tomorrow and I will post the "after" pictures when it returns!

I think I can finally sleep tonight - the last 28 hours have been long!!!

Mark
For what its worth, I've never seen a body shop that could use a buffer properly. Look into a true detailer, as the really good guys can work MAGIC.
Old 12-01-2015, 10:17 AM
Selo
Rennlist Member

Received 123 Likes on 62 Posts

Regarding loss of value, sure, it depends upon the extent of the repair. If there's any paint work that has to be done, or the bumper has to be replaced, absolutely there could be loss of value. If you go to buy one on the used market, would you rather buy one that's pristine, or buy this one that has had paint work and a replace bumper?

Quick Reply: Club Coupe arrived today - bitter sweet