Sponsored by:

My GTS Quest (drama): Colors

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2015, 02:52 PM
Tcc1999
Three Wheelin'

Received 73 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by 997.2 GTS
Get the color you want...period. You will keep it beautiful and that is all that matters!!

By no means rubbing it in, but washed/dried/detailed wheels/all jams & wiped interior this morning in 20 minutes...boring color, but it sure is easy
Originally Posted by LexVan
I don't know how you can do all this in 20 minutes.
The emoji must mean that he downed about a quart of espesso before starting!
Old 11-30-2015, 12:58 AM
St8haus
Racer

Received 28 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by freeman
I have washed, dried and detailed wheels of my former black 991 and my present agate grey GTS in 20-30 minutes also. I dry it with a "Master Blaster" (Metrovac.com).
Exactly; portable leaf blower and awesome towel for the paint...then quick wipe down of the jams, then move to engine bay and wheels...there is so little water on the car I can literally dry it with one microfiber on the car and the other for the wheels. Now if I picked up something off the road or 500+ mile roar trip, it can take an hour on the high end. It is so simple

Originally Posted by Roadcarver
You can get away with quick washes if you're not removing a lot of road grime. If you just have a lot of dust because you live in Southern CA, you can certainly wah quickly. However, if your car has been in the rain, salt, etc, if you don't use multiple microfiber mits and thoroughly rinse, you will scratch your paint. Again, it comes down to how particular you are. If you do two year leases, and you don't see all the stuff some of us do, then you can afford to be more hasty when washing. Again, I'm only really talking about solid black.
I am very particular, use only clean/quality mitts and the vehicle never really gets that dirty...part of living in Santa Barbara and having a daily driver. It is waxed 2-3x per year (6-8 hour 3-step process), covered and never sees rain...rinsed 2x per month and washed 5-7x monthly depending on driving.

Originally Posted by Tcc1999
The emoji must mean that he downed about a quart of espesso before starting!
Maybe a latte, but just coffee typically haha...got 3 others to do can't waste my time!!
Old 11-30-2015, 01:51 AM
mdkrp
Burning Brakes

Received 100 Likes on 66 Posts

Buddy of mine has carmine red GTS and it is very nice. You can't go wrong either way.
Old 11-30-2015, 06:26 AM
JAM2
Rennlist Member

Received 419 Likes on 202 Posts

I believe there is a silver 2015 GTS for sale in the latest issue of Panorama.

Quick Reply: My GTS Quest (drama): Colors