Sponsored by:

Black GT3 RS

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2015, 12:03 AM
hawc
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Question Black GT3 RS

How much is paint-to-sample black on the GT3 RS because it isn't a standard option or a special paint option for this car. (Toronto car)

Old 11-24-2015, 12:11 AM
STG
Race Director

Received 193 Likes on 137 Posts

Wrong board: Maybe ask the GT3 board or search there? It's a PTS option.
Old 11-26-2015, 10:10 AM
Vise
Drifting

Received 313 Likes on 191 Posts

Originally Posted by hawc
How much is paint-to-sample black on the GT3 RS because it isn't a standard option or a special paint option for this car. (Toronto car)
It is paint to sample and likely whatever the standard PTS price for Canada is... though to me it is less about the money and much more about the PTS availability or lack thereof.

I heard about that car at the McLaren Toronto event a couple weeks back, there were two other 991 RS' there (GT Silver and Ultra Violet) and someone mentioned a Toronto guy ordering one in black. More power to him but to getting an extremely rare PTS RS in Canada and going with black seems a bit... dunno, strange?

I'd be all over something like Riviera/Mexico Blue, Viper Green, etc if I was lucky enough to get an RS and a PTS allocation. To each their own of course.
Old 11-27-2015, 03:47 AM
<3mph
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by hawc
I believe the Canadian price is $6280 CDN (that was the going rate for the GT3 and the RS should have been the same). Best value for money you can spend on an option imo. As you probably are aware, the 991 RS came in only 4 available colours (white, GT silver, UV, LO)--and any other colours, even if standard on most 911s like black was, were considered PTS. FWIW, you had to be extremely luck to even get PTS, as it was not offered initially and then for only a very short window. Congrats to the lucky owner!!

Quick Reply: Black GT3 RS