Sponsored by:

GTS Club "Club Blue" Color Code

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2015, 10:59 AM
azw131
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default GTS Club "Club Blue" Color Code

I was hoping someone might be able to tell me what the color code is for "Club Blue", the special color offered on the GTS Club. There does not seem to be info for it online. I am going to be painting my '86 soon, and plan to paint it "Club Blue" if I can find the color code for it.
Old 10-20-2015, 12:00 PM
mathfuzzy
Rennlist Member

Received 397 Likes on 134 Posts

I don't believe it's available. You could go with Acid Blue, which is the paint on which Club Blau is based. I'm guessing that code is available as its been around since the early 70's.
Old 10-20-2015, 03:17 PM
azw131
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mathfuzzy
I don't believe it's available. You could go with Acid Blue, which is the paint on which Club Blau is based. I'm guessing that code is available as its been around since the early 70's.
Acid/Bahama Blue is the color I was originally planning to paint it, that is, until I saw club blue. Even though it isn't listed anywhere, there has to be a color code assigned for club blue. Otherwise, repair facilities wouldn't be able to repaint it when there is damage. The code is under the gas door I believe.
Old 10-20-2015, 10:39 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 109 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by azw131
I was hoping someone might be able to tell me what the color code is for "Club Blue"
Originally Posted by mathfuzzy
I don't believe it's available. You could go with Acid Blue, which is the paint on which Club Blau is based.
I'm guessing that code is available as its been around since the early 70's.

Originally Posted by azw131
Acid/Bahama Blue is the color I was originally planning to paint it, that is, until I saw club blue.
Even though it isn't listed anywhere, there has to be a color code assigned for club blue.
Otherwise, repair facilities wouldn't be able to repaint it when there is damage.
The code is under the gas door I believe.

'Acid Blue/Bahama Blue', historic color code 354, is not currently approved for the 991/981, so it not 'available' at the moment via PTS.

As both of you know, 'Club Blau' is a couple of shades darker than 'Acid/Bahama Blue':

The color code for any PTS 991/981 is currently provided on a sticker that comes with the car from Germany
at time of delivery to you dealer. Here is mine for the 'Signal Green' MY2015 gt3:

This sticker has been placed in various locations by dealers. Some I have seen in the 'Warranty Book'.
Others under the front hood. I was just given the sticker so I could place it where ever I desire.

The 'Club Blau' will have its own individual color code too...but I don't yet know that exact color code.

The color code for a PTS Porsche in the 997 model, for example, used to be placed on the inside of the gas door:

But in the 991, that area of the gas filler has been modified and it no longer allows the possibility of attaching that sticker on that location:

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
Old 10-20-2015, 11:16 PM
azw131
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Z356

'Acid Blue/Bahama Blue', historic color code 354, is not currently approved for the 991/981, so it not 'available' at the moment via PTS.

As both of you know, 'Club Blau' is a couple of shades darker than 'Acid/Bahama Blue':

The color code for any PTS 991/981 is currently provided on a sticker that comes with the car from Germany
at time of delivery to you dealer. Here is mine for the 'Signal Green' MY2015 gt3:

This sticker has been placed in various locations by dealers. Some I have seen in the 'Warranty Book'.
Others under the front hood. I was just given the sticker so I could place it where ever I desire.

The 'Club Blau' will have its own individual color code too...but I don't yet know that exact color code.

The color code for a PTS Porsche in the 997 model, for example, used to be placed on the inside of the gas door:

But in the 991, that area of the gas filler has been modified and it no longer allows the possibility of attaching that sticker on that location:

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
I didn't realize the stickers were no longer on the gas door, that's good to know. It would be great if a GTS Club owner could chime in here. They are most likely the only ones who will know the color code.
Old 10-21-2015, 10:37 AM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts

You might want to contact Eric at BumperPlugs. He is a Rennlist member and sponsor. His Rennlist ID is Eric - Plug Guy so you can PM him.
Old 10-21-2015, 12:19 PM
azw131
Rennlist Member

Thank you for the lead, I just sent him a PM.
Old 10-21-2015, 06:07 PM
Bucaro
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I doubt you will get any CC owner volunteer the code for the paint that is exclusive to the car they bought at a premium, but I may be wrong...
Old 10-21-2015, 06:32 PM
Targa Tim
Rennlist Member

Received 76 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Bucaro
I doubt you will get any CC owner volunteer the code for the paint that is exclusive to the car they bought at a premium, but I may be wrong...
you are not wrong
Old 10-21-2015, 06:52 PM
David A
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 2 Posts

Arrow blue J3J3?
Old 10-21-2015, 08:01 PM
JAM2
Rennlist Member

Received 418 Likes on 201 Posts

Originally Posted by Targa Tim
you are not wrong
Old 10-21-2015, 08:58 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 109 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by Bucaro
I doubt you will get any CC owner volunteer the code for the paint that is exclusive to the car
they bought at a premium, but I may be wrong...
There is no way to keep secret either the color code or the actual paint formula for 'Club Blau'.
I believe the three or so auto paint suppliers to Porsche will need to publish the formula for each
color PAG uses on any of its models, including PTS, so that any repair shop can match the color
in case it's needed by customers.

We had the color formula for 'Miami Blue' published here on Rennlist even before the color was
officially released / shown by Porsche. We even had someone order a quart which was specially
formulated for him. The latter is a color originally reserved exclusively for the .1 991 gt3 RS,
although it's now available on other models. The paint companies beat to a different drummer
because they need to follow different rules & regulations re: dissemination of color formulas
used by auto companies.

The best you can hope for is that Porsche will keep 'Club Blau' out of the approved PTS list for
a while longer. Right now there is a big push by PCA to reserved the color exclusively for these
60 Limited Edition 991s. But that will be hard to do in the longer run...if recent history at PAG
(e.g. .2 997 Club Coupe's 'Brewster Green') is a guide.

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
Old 10-21-2015, 09:03 PM
Targa Tim
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Z356
There is no way to keep secret either the color code...
You mean I cannot sell the code for money?!...
Old 10-21-2015, 09:10 PM
JAM2
Rennlist Member

Received 418 Likes on 201 Posts

Originally Posted by Targa Tim
You mean I cannot sell the code for money?!...
I will give you the code for US$175k... I will send wiring instructions shortly...
Old 10-21-2015, 09:13 PM
Targa Tim
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by JAM2
I will give you the code for US$175k... I will send wiring instructions shortly...
for 175K, I would like to have your speedster instead...

Quick Reply: GTS Club "Club Blue" Color Code