Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Official waiting room for those with a new 991.2 on order --- come on in !!

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2016, 02:40 PM
Senna01
Instructor

Received 61 Likes on 30 Posts

Great looking car, congrats!
Old 04-28-2016, 02:51 PM
drgek
Rennlist Member

Received 62 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by arch7

Beautiful car. Congrats. You guys are killing me. Placed order in October, awaiting car (which is at least on the water at this point.)
Old 04-28-2016, 03:54 PM
racemor
Racer

Received 152 Likes on 45 Posts

I finally committed and turned in my build to Hendrick Porsche today. I must have done 50 or more versions on the configurator since February. Here's the link if anyone is interested - http://www.porsche-code.com/PHMDTLG1 The short description is; base C2, manual transmission, Graphite Blue paint, black standard interior, 18-way seats, GT multifunction steering wheel, sport exhaust, sport chrono, Carrera S wheels in platinum satin. The last I heard when I got my allocation, it's due to be built in June with late July delivery but I need that confirmed. I'm planning to take delivery at the Atlanta PEC.
Attached Images   

Last edited by racemor; 04-28-2016 at 06:07 PM.
Old 04-28-2016, 03:59 PM
R_Rated
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by racemor
I finally committed and turned in my build to Hendrick Porsche today. I must have done 50 or more versions on the configurator since February. Here's the link if anyone is interested - http://www.porsche-code.com/PHMDTLG1 The short description is; base C2, Graphite Blue paint, black standard interior, 18-way seats, GT multifunction steering wheel, sport exhaust, sport chrono, Carrera S wheels in platinum satin. The last I heard when I got my allocation, it's due to be built in June with late July delivery but I need that confirmed. I'm planning to take delivery at the Atlanta PEC.
who was your sales person? Bryan is my favorite there.
Old 04-28-2016, 04:09 PM
budrichard
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Senna01
Great looking car, congrats!
+1!-Richard
Old 04-28-2016, 04:13 PM
budrichard
Banned

I finally committed and turned in my build to Hendrick Porsche today. I must have done 50 or more versions on the configurator since February. Here's the link if anyone is interested - http://www.porsche-code.com/PHMDTLG1 The short description is; base C2, Graphite Blue paint, black standard interior, 18-way seats, GT multifunction steering wheel, sport exhaust, sport chrono, Carrera S wheels in platinum satin. The last I heard when I got my allocation, it's due to be built in June with late July delivery but I need that confirmed. I'm planning to take delivery at the Atlanta PEC.
Have you seen this color in person?
I have. It's quite variable and looked very flat and drab in person when I took this picture.-Richard
Attached Images  
Old 04-28-2016, 04:30 PM
racemor
Racer

Hey R_Rated, I'm working with Steve Mann. We had spoken a few times in the past so thought of him when the time came. This is my first "new" Porsche so really only worked with the service and parts guys up until now.

Budrichard, yes, I've seen the color in person. It changes a lot depending on the light, gray in the shade of the showroom, blue in bright sunlight. It's going to be a personal taste thing, some may not like it, but I love it.
Old 04-28-2016, 04:31 PM
R_Rated
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 32 Posts

Hey R_Rated, I'm working with Steve Mann. We had spoken a few times in the past so thought of him when the time came. This is my first "new" Porsche so really only worked with the service and parts guys up until now.

Budrichard, yes, I've seen the color in person. It changes a lot depending on the light, gray in the shade of the showroom, blue in bright sunlight. It's going to be a personal taste thing, some may not like it, but I love it.
PM me when you want to blow off work for the day and drive to Asheville... I too am in Charlotte.
Old 04-28-2016, 06:04 PM
sfy1505
Rennlist Member

Received 73 Likes on 35 Posts

Picked up my Targa 4S on Tuesday at Zuffenhausen. Mine has a Black/Bordeaux interior. Couldn't be happier. With black dash and carpets, it's is toned down and elegant. It's uplifting and Black/black might be somber by comparison.
Old 04-28-2016, 06:06 PM
racemor
Racer

Originally Posted by R_Rated
PM me when you want to blow off work for the day and drive to Asheville... I too am in Charlotte.
Sounds good!
Old 04-28-2016, 06:16 PM
KenTO
Burning Brakes

Received 521 Likes on 198 Posts

Love the GT Silver with Bordeaux red/black.

Here's my build code, can't wait! just hope it's not too much!

http://cc.porsche.com/icc_pcna/ccCal...bcode=PH19N4Z5
Old 04-28-2016, 07:14 PM
LCW
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I finally committed and turned in my build to Hendrick Porsche today. I must have done 50 or more versions on the configurator since February. Here's the link if anyone is interested - http://www.porsche-code.com/PHMDTLG1 The short description is; base C2, manual transmission, Graphite Blue paint, black standard interior, 18-way seats, GT multifunction steering wheel, sport exhaust, sport chrono, Carrera S wheels in platinum satin. The last I heard when I got my allocation, it's due to be built in June with late July delivery but I need that confirmed. I'm planning to take delivery at the Atlanta PEC.

You should be aware that the Fuel Cap with Aluminum Look Finish is actually plastic made to look like aluminum... I really wanted that too but then someone in here pointed it out to me when I was configuring mine and I deleted it... In due course, I will look for an after market one in real aluminum. I don't like the cheapy plastic of the standard one.
... anyways, I thought I would pass that along and return the favor I received from this forum... good luck..
Old 04-28-2016, 09:30 PM
racemor
Racer

Originally Posted by LCW
You should be aware that the Fuel Cap with Aluminum Look Finish is actually plastic made to look like aluminum... I really wanted that too but then someone in here pointed it out to me when I was configuring mine and I deleted it... In due course, I will look for an after market one in real aluminum. I don't like the cheapy plastic of the standard one.
... anyways, I thought I would pass that along and return the favor I received from this forum... good luck..
Thanks LCW. Yes, I know it's fake, but I saw one in person and it looked pretty cool so I think I'll get it. I know there's some fluff items from Exclusive in my build, but it's pretty rare that you have so many choices when getting a new car and I guess I'm taking advantage. I've seen some ugly cars made with bad choices from Exclusive (just because you can doesn't mean you should), but hopefully I've stayed pretty conservative on most of the car.

Last edited by racemor; 04-28-2016 at 10:30 PM.
Old 04-28-2016, 10:19 PM
tgcrun
Three Wheelin'

Received 438 Likes on 234 Posts

She arrived in port about 10 days ago and arrived at the dealer on Tuesday. Haven't taken her home yet, waiting on clear bra and brake caliper re-paint to red. For now just some quick snaps of a dirty car....
For those curious about the red color, this is pretty close to real life in this light. So glad about the black carpet!! Seems they flip flop about whether its red or black on certain models. Can't believe its actually here. I was without a car since December, when my last 911 went back off lease (I know, first-world problem to have).

Fantastic car. Love the color combo.
Old 04-29-2016, 04:12 AM
Racer

She arrived in port about 10 days ago and arrived at the dealer on Tuesday. Haven't taken her home yet, waiting on clear bra and brake caliper re-paint to red. For those curious about the red color, this is pretty close to real life in this light.
@Arch: your 911 is a beauty. I contemplated the exact same colours; just seems that silver / black+red interior are a perfect combo.

I know you'll enjoy your new 911

Quick Reply: Official waiting room for those with a new 991.2 on order --- come on in !!