Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Official waiting room for those with a new 991.2 on order --- come on in !!

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2016, 12:47 PM
Bradley Scott
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Overdraft
that's BMW speed...amazing..
Wow very fast indeed.

I actually think the end time will be even quicker.

Order placed: September 26
Vehicle fixed: October 5
Vehicle exit production: October 21
Entry port Eden: 10/28 If it makes it on board by 11/5, Figure 10 days on the ship brings you to 11/15. Don't know where you are located - but I have been reading a lot on this forum and if it is off the boat on 11/15 - and on the way by 11/16 = You will likely pick up the car 11/20 after dealer prep.
Delivery: December 9
Old 10-18-2016, 12:56 PM
JustBud
Race Car

Received 654 Likes on 378 Posts

Originally Posted by TTSPete
Just got my build sheet. Looks like my schedule is close to JustBud's. My SA did think they might beat it and have delivery sometime in December. I hope so. Great present.
Very nice! Congrats! I don't think anybody will notice my car if ours arrive on the same truck!
Old 10-18-2016, 03:21 PM
Dan Nagy
Rennlist Member

Received 2,212 Likes on 1,114 Posts

Originally Posted by Bradley Scott
Wow very fast indeed.

I actually think the end time will be even quicker.

Entry port Eden: 10/28 If it makes it on board by 11/5, Figure 10 days on the ship brings you to 11/15. Don't know where you are located - but I have been reading a lot on this forum and if it is off the boat on 11/15 - and on the way by 11/16 = You will likely pick up the car 11/20 after dealer prep.
The dealer told me it would be here by Thanksgiving. I live on the East Coast (DC), so how quickly it can get through the port inspection process and a driver will haul it over the TG holiday. This has been lightning fast. I think they must be keeping all their dealer slots available for customer orders.

One more time: Pat Driscoll, Penske owned "Porsche of Tysons" - they are the best.
Old 10-18-2016, 08:55 PM
bizwiz
Intermediate

Don't know about the aroma, but my wife insisted on them. Can't wait for it to arrive. Looking forward to the Atlanta delivery experience
Old 10-19-2016, 09:17 AM
Dan Nagy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by bizwiz
Don't know about the aroma, but my wife insisted on them. Can't wait for it to arrive. Looking forward to the Atlanta delivery experience
I wanted to do the "Atlanta" experience, but was worried about the weather in December and driving it north. I'll be interested to know how it went.
Old 10-19-2016, 09:31 AM
Jenner
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Dan Nagy
I wanted to do the "Atlanta" experience, but was worried about the weather in December and driving it north. I'll be interested to know how it went.
Doing the same thing. Right now they have me slotted for January but I am hoping/expecting it to be a December delivery. The odd thing is all my build dates line up with Bradley Scott. I am showing exit production 10/21 as well. So why they told me January is a mystery to me if he could have his car in November...

Will be putting "road wrap" (temporary paint protection film) on my Targa 4S for the trip from GA to CT and driving straight to my detail shop for XPEL & Ceramic Pro.

Not too worried considering how warm/mild Fall has been here in the north so far. Weather in GA should be fine as well.

Last edited by Jenner; 10-19-2016 at 11:36 AM.
Old 10-19-2016, 11:34 AM
Dan Nagy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Jenner
Doing the same thing. Right now they have me slotted for January but I am hoping/expecting it to be a December delivery. The odd thing is all my build dates line up with Bradley Scott. I am showing exit production 10/21 as well. So why they told me January is a mystery to me if he could have his car in November...
I think he was quoting my dates? My SA tells me it will probably be here at Thanksgiving. I am in the DC area.

In two days my car will be finished!

Entry port Eden: 10/28
Old 10-20-2016, 08:35 PM
dc7391
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Man, what a great thread! SO nice to see more people waiting for their 991.2. Seriously getting frustrating seeing so many getting delivered now.

The build date on my Turbo S is Mid-December with a ship date to the US end of Jan. Guessing ill see the car maybe as soon as valentines day??? Guessing more end of Feb. Sound about right?

Being as impatient as i am, i already have my HRE wheels and today finally was able to find the tires. TechArt springs are next.
Old 10-20-2016, 09:29 PM
ace37
Rennlist Member

Received 133 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by dc7391
Being as impatient as i am, i already have my HRE wheels and today finally was able to find the tires. TechArt springs are next.
Not too bad an idea - all I'll be able to look at is computer images, you'll at least have some nice looking wheels!
Old 10-21-2016, 01:39 PM
Bradley Scott
Racer

Almost time!!!!

Still says 11/04 dealer inventory.
But according to my calculations (And math is not my subject) It should arrive in Davisville either today (21), tomorrow (22), or Sunday (23). It should be released by Monday (24) or Tuesday (25). It should be on its way for the 6 hour journey or so - but lets say it gets there Wednesday (26) or Thursday (27) or even Friday (28). I just spoke with my rep - and he said PREP takes about 6 hours. He will then drive in his own car to Brooklyn to have the contracts signed, and I would go back with him in the car back to Porsche Warrington (the dealership that gave me the best price) to go over the vehicle and drive it home. So I don't know what the 11/4 is but I predict either the 26th, 27th, or 28th.

Last edited by Bradley Scott; 10-21-2016 at 01:55 PM.
Old 10-21-2016, 01:44 PM
Jenner
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

So my SA was totally padding the time or something.
Guess I will be leaving the waiting room much sooner than I expected as my Targa 4S is currently off the tip of England on it's way to the Porsche Experience Center in Atlanta!

https://www.vesselfinder.com/?imo=9381665

Originally Posted by Dan Nagy
I think he was quoting my dates? My SA tells me it will probably be here at Thanksgiving. I am in the DC area.

In two days my car will be finished!
Yes, my mistake Dan. I meant your times, but he didn't have them in quoted texted so I mistook them for his. You will probably have yours before me since mine will be delayed a bit to allow PEC time to slot the delivery.

Is yours on the Oregon Highway with mine?
Old 10-21-2016, 02:57 PM
ATLBond
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by stevewilm
Haven't drove one with the glass yet. I live in coastal NC and the sun is pretty strong. My mom has a Tesla and I find the glass roof annoying. Also, I'm not sure if I'm a fan of the black roof on a GT silver car.

I'll check it out next week when I'm down in Fl. My order isn't locked in until 10/17. Thanks for the input.
You'd be hard pressed to find someone who regrets getting glass roof. I love it on my 991.2 C2S. It makes the cabin feel airy and bright, day or night. I live in Atlanta and the screen under the glass roof is permanently retracted. I think the glass has a mild tint on it so it does not cook the cabin like a greenhouse. And finally, the dark glass over light color (my car is White) stands out stunningly. Also consider, unlike Cabriolet, you can come close to enjoying the feeling of open motoring without giving up body rigidity or weight penalty year around. At the end of the day it is a personal preference and you are not going to go wrong either way, check it out for yourself before locking the build. I am uploading some pictures to give you an idea.

Old 10-21-2016, 04:07 PM
Bradley Scott
Racer

Looks great. How far does the glass roof slide? From the picture above, It doesn't look like it goes back more than 10 inches. Am I wrong?
Old 10-21-2016, 05:22 PM
ATLBond
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Bradley Scott
Looks great. How far does the glass roof slide? From the picture above, It doesn't look like it goes back more than 10 inches. Am I wrong?
Just over 14". I rarely drive with the glass open but always with the screen retracted. The view from inside and out is nice.
Old 10-21-2016, 05:25 PM
kayjh
Drifting

Received 682 Likes on 476 Posts

Originally Posted by ATLBond
Just over 14". I rarely drive with the glass open but always with the screen retracted. The view from inside and out is nice.
Which white is your car?

Quick Reply: Official waiting room for those with a new 991.2 on order --- come on in !!