Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Official waiting room for those with a new 991.2 on order --- come on in !!

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2016, 10:54 PM
Bradley Scott
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Nin Din Din
My '16 C2S Cab actually arrived at Emden on 7/23/15 and then at the dealership (Massachusetts) on 8/19/15. My 991.2 is scheduled to arrive in Emden on 11/4 and at the dealership on 12/16.

Hope this is helpful.
Less than a month from Emden to your Dealership for the 16 is quick as hell.

Thanks for the info!
Old 10-04-2016, 11:26 PM
planet
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Bradley Scott
^^ That's stunning. How'd you get those pictures lol.

The USA website configurator doesn't have pics like this.
It does! You just have to get 360 mode working. The only way I was able to get it to work was on a PC using Firefox. Once I had FF installed, I then installed the Unity plugin it directs you to, and then I needed to reboot the computer. Like it was the 90s or something! Pshaw!

From there, good old Alt-PrintScreen and copy into MS Paint. :P
Old 10-04-2016, 11:37 PM
Bradley Scott
Racer

^^ Going to have to check that out!

Tried it and wow!

Last edited by Bradley Scott; 10-05-2016 at 12:31 AM.
Old 10-04-2016, 11:53 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,858 Likes on 1,902 Posts

Originally Posted by mb1
Thanks for the compliment. As requested...
Thanks. Definitely my build. Understated and pure.
Old 10-05-2016, 10:01 AM
Nin Din Din
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Less than a month from Emden to your Dealership for the 16 is quick as hell.

Thanks for the info!
In hindsight, yes. But back then, I had sold my '06 C2S Cab in mid June, so I was fighting through withdrawals during the entire period. It was a rough summer...
Old 10-05-2016, 11:11 AM
gyangage
Intermediate

^^ That's stunning. How'd you get those pictures lol.

The USA website configurator doesn't have pics like this.
You install the Unity plug-in and enter 360 mode where you can spin around the entire car, etc...

Also note that the 360 mode renders the car much more closely than the default, 2D pics. Many options in the default will not render.
Old 10-05-2016, 11:13 AM
gyangage
Intermediate

Originally Posted by planet
Post-weekend scramble update: dealer indicates that my build is expected to enter the body shop around Nov 15th.

From what I can read online, the wait time from "entering the body shop" to a west coast delivery is around 6-8 weeks. Does that sound about right to you guys?

Assuming the longer end of the range, because holidays and who knows what else, would put me at mid-to-late January. If everything comes up Millhouse, dad has a pretty great Christmas present.

planet, how did you get those custom seat colors?!!! I need to know!
Old 10-05-2016, 12:42 PM
Jenner
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by gyangage
planet, how did you get those custom seat colors?!!! I need to know!
They are the new fabric seat option "Sport-Tex" just load up the configurator and you'll see the option.
Old 10-05-2016, 04:56 PM
planet
Instructor

Originally Posted by Jenner
They are the new fabric seat option "Sport-Tex" just load up the configurator and you'll see the option.
Correct. I'm a teensy bit nervous of selecting the option, but I was having a chat with Nick Murray over the weekend and it's the config he's going with as well. Cross-checked with my wife, since in the worst case (bright direct sunlight) it will appear as a blue exterior with a blue-ish interior, and she thought it still looked good. Opinions may vary.

But two-tone interior with two-tone seats looks really nice to me.

Selecting the option will prevent you from selecting the Premium Package Plus because seat ventilation is not possible with Sport-Tex -- which increases costs a bit if you want to select most of those option a la carte. But OTOH, you get a bunch of deviated stitching.

In my revised build I also dropped Front Axel Lift and decided to go with Burmester instead.
Old 10-05-2016, 04:59 PM
planet
Instructor

Tried it and wow!
Nice.
Attached Images  
Old 10-05-2016, 05:40 PM
Bradley Scott
Racer

Nice.
I could make so many Rated X jokes right now - but I'm keeping it as clean as possible.
Old 10-05-2016, 08:15 PM
gyangage
Intermediate

Correct. I'm a teensy bit nervous of selecting the option, but I was having a chat with Nick Murray over the weekend and it's the config he's going with as well. Cross-checked with my wife, since in the worst case (bright direct sunlight) it will appear as a blue exterior with a blue-ish interior, and she thought it still looked good. Opinions may vary.

But two-tone interior with two-tone seats looks really nice to me.

Selecting the option will prevent you from selecting the Premium Package Plus because seat ventilation is not possible with Sport-Tex -- which increases costs a bit if you want to select most of those option a la carte. But OTOH, you get a bunch of deviated stitching.

In my revised build I also dropped Front Axel Lift and decided to go with Burmester instead.
So you're on speaking terms w/ Nick M eh? He has a good channel

Unfortunately "seat ventilation is not possible with Sport-Tex" this means no-go for me on Sport-Tex. Wish so many things weren't a trade off but I've been dreaming of a nice, air-cooled back my entire adulthood.
Old 10-05-2016, 09:24 PM
gyangage
Intermediate

Curious, what made you decide the switch from the Front Axel Lift to the Burmester?

I ask because I was considering the Burmester as well but heard Nick M state he wouldn't do it again in one of his videos. Made it hard to justify the extra $4k. But I do appreciate good audio... Did you learn something new?
Old 10-05-2016, 10:08 PM
planet
Instructor

Originally Posted by gyangage
Curious, what made you decide the switch from the Front Axel Lift to the Burmester?

I ask because I was considering the Burmester as well but heard Nick M state he wouldn't do it again in one of his videos. Made it hard to justify the extra $4k. But I do appreciate good audio... Did you learn something new?
Front Axel Lift - I was persuaded not to get it for four reasons. (1) How likely am I to remember to click the button every time I need to? (2) I'd need to replace the front plastic lip 15 or 20 times to come out ahead on cost vs. the FAL system. (3) It's moving parts. (4) I'm not getting SPASM.

Burmester: Opinions vary, and I heard one when I was at a dealer. I decided it was worth the cost, and it was in my overall "not to exceed" budget, since I made the Sport-Tex swap and the FAL removal.

BTW, I'm really not on speaking terms with Mr. Murray. I just decided to email him and we got into a good conversation. Super nice guy. Weird that he's a serial killer, so you might want to keep your distance, but whatever.
Old 10-05-2016, 10:16 PM
JustBud
Race Car

Received 654 Likes on 378 Posts

After being told my vehicle locked a couple of times my sales guy just emailed me this.....I guess I'm officially in the waiting room now!!!

I was hoping for an early Christmas present but I guess a New Years Resolution will work.

Quick Reply: Official waiting room for those with a new 991.2 on order --- come on in !!