Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Official waiting room for those with a new 991.2 on order --- come on in !!

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2016, 11:04 PM
planet
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by trice9
Planet, you should have your SA send you these screenshots every few weeks.
Getting updates from mine is more difficult. He's a younger guy, so I think he's more comfortable with texting than email, so I'll try that. "Just take a picture of the screen with your phone" may resonate.
Old 09-28-2016, 11:46 PM
famous shoes
Rennlist Member

Received 38 Likes on 19 Posts

My C2S is on the vehicle transport, California Highway, and scheduled to arrive in Houston on October 6. I expect to take delivery around October 15.
Old 09-28-2016, 11:51 PM
nadafinga
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by philg3
Schedules and tracking should be online, but since they aren't, your SA is your only source. Fortunately for me, mine is very responsive -- has been so since I ordered in May -- finally it's been built, on the ship, and should arrive in my final port -- San Diego in a couple+ weeks. You guys on the East Coast get yours much quicker. The previous schedule allowed 3 weeks at each port, actually took less than a week to hitch a ride at Emden. I should drive it away by end of October -- long journey, but well worth it, and its getting close. Was lucky to get an allocation back in May for a Turbo.
Philg3, do you know what boat your car is on?
Old 09-29-2016, 12:09 AM
Joenyc
Instructor

Originally Posted by TAL2GK
I was severely tempted by that color combo, but was ultimately convinced it was a little bold for what I was going for.
what color combo did you end up getting. The night blue was another option but felt it looked Blk. The Miami blue wasn't for me either.
Old 09-29-2016, 09:30 AM
TAL2GK
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I went with Agate over Black/Bordeaux. My favorite interior won out over my favorite exterior.

Miami blue is like Paris Hilton. Fun to look at and draws lots of attention, but I wouldn't want to live with it every day.
Old 09-29-2016, 09:46 AM
Joenyc
Instructor

Originally Posted by TAL2GK
I went with Agate over Black/Bordeaux. My favorite interior won out over my favorite exterior.

Miami blue is like Paris Hilton. Fun to look at and draws lots of attention, but I wouldn't want to live with it every day.
Actually , to clarify I order the black /Bordeaux interior not Red with Grapite blue .
Lol like the analogy of Paris Hilton. Nice combo you have and enjoy the rides.
Old 09-29-2016, 12:43 PM
b-thumper
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I have a few notes from seeing my car over european delivery.

I have an alcantara headliner, visors, belt outlets, and seat inserts, but oddly, the A and B pillars were not uphostered in alcantara. It makes the belt outlets look a bit odd. I also had to break up the sport package to get the

I chose NOT to do the full leather interior and consequently, the aluminum trim option does not wrap around onto the door. It's only on the dash and center console.
Old 09-29-2016, 04:49 PM
philg3
Rennlist Member

Received 92 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by nadafinga
Philg3, do you know what boat your car is on?
Below is the tracking status from my SA -- looks much better in a PDF, and I've X'd out data pertaining to mine.

Shipping/Invoicing
Commission Number:
Order Status O100 Order ready for invoicing Port Code SWA San Diego (California)
Invoice Number Vessel Name Glovis Comet
Invoice date Centre (ship to) XXXXXXXX
PAG Invoice Number XXXXXXXX Vehicle Location On Vessel
Next Location Entry Port San Diego
Vehicle Identification Number WP0ADXXXXXXXXX Shipment Block
Engine Number DABA XXXXX Invoicing Block
Gearbox Number XXXXXXX
Key Number XXXX Document Invoice date DocumentNo.
Tyre Brand Pire
Est. Date of vessel departure 09/22/2016
Est. Date of vessel arrival 10/18/2016
Old 09-29-2016, 05:01 PM
stevewilm
Instructor

Originally Posted by abizarvakharia
Did you consider Electric Slide/Tilt Sunroof in Glass? I test drove both and really liked the glass
Haven't drove one with the glass yet. I live in coastal NC and the sun is pretty strong. My mom has a Tesla and I find the glass roof annoying. Also, I'm not sure if I'm a fan of the black roof on a GT silver car.

I'll check it out next week when I'm down in Fl. My order isn't locked in until 10/17. Thanks for the input.
Old 10-02-2016, 03:20 PM
planet
Instructor

Heard back from my sales rep. Was surprised to learn that my car reached V210 on September 28th. They were still able, yesterday, to sneak some (big) late-breaking changes into my order. Thank heavens, because they didn't even tell me that I was approaching the feature lock. But all should now be well.

Now the second-guessing begins.

The GM of the dealership indicated (or claimed) that I have his only C4S build allocation for some time, and that there's now a long queue of buyers behind me. Perhaps because of the Car & Driver article, and people chasing the fastest possible 0-to-60 in a Carrera? Who knows.

I've asked for a screenshot of the planned/expected schedule dates, but haven't gotten one yet.
Old 10-02-2016, 04:28 PM
mb1
Rennlist Member

Received 197 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by stevewilm
Haven't drove one with the glass yet. I live in coastal NC and the sun is pretty strong. My mom has a Tesla and I find the glass roof annoying. Also, I'm not sure if I'm a fan of the black roof on a GT silver car.

I'll check it out next week when I'm down in Fl. My order isn't locked in until 10/17. Thanks for the input.
I'm not trying to convince you either way, but here are some pictures of my GT silver C4 with glass sunroof from my European delivery last spring. BTW, glass sunroof comes with an electronically retractable sunshade in a cool perforated fabric.
Attached Images     
Old 10-02-2016, 05:50 PM
Jonathan Lord
Racer

Thanks again for pictures. . I agree on glass roof!
J
Old 10-02-2016, 10:49 PM
gyangage
Intermediate

Originally Posted by planet
Heard back from my sales rep. Was surprised to learn that my car reached V210 on September 28th. They were still able, yesterday, to sneak some (big) late-breaking changes into my order. Thank heavens, because they didn't even tell me that I was approaching the feature lock. But all should now be well.

Now the second-guessing begins.

The GM of the dealership indicated (or claimed) that I have his only C4S build allocation for some time, and that there's now a long queue of buyers behind me. Perhaps because of the Car & Driver article, and people chasing the fastest possible 0-to-60 in a Carrera? Who knows.

I've asked for a screenshot of the planned/expected schedule dates, but haven't gotten one yet.
Oh man, I'm jealous! I think I am right behind you (same dealership, yeah?) as my SA told me I was "first in line" for a C4S allocation. Congrats! At least you are out of one waiting room.

Last edited by gyangage; 10-02-2016 at 11:10 PM.
Old 10-03-2016, 11:04 AM
huahin
6th Gear

Default It's here at last !!

Say something about this photo

2-tone luxor/black

Possibly the longest delivery time for a core Carrera model (anyone waited longer), I finally received my C4S (apparently only the 2nd C4S delivered in Thailand). Order was placed mid-December 2015, delivered just over 10 months later on 29th Sept. Very happy with the colour choices especially the 2-tone full leather luxor/black option which was horrendously expensive with Thai import tax at approx 14,000 USD equivalent! Here's some pics from collection day. Some more internal ones to follow.

Last edited by huahin; 10-03-2016 at 11:23 AM.
Old 10-03-2016, 11:51 AM
Porsche_nuts
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,116 Likes on 666 Posts

huahin - great looking car, congrats, but OMG on that delivery time and full leather cost!

Quick Reply: Official waiting room for those with a new 991.2 on order --- come on in !!