Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I'm so angry with...

Old 10-07-2015, 04:57 PM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,387 Likes on 2,509 Posts

Originally Posted by tron786
I was wishing for this answer. Are you 100% sure it's safe ?? Did notice that only the front tire has that ridge that protrudes. Here is another pic of it.
Tron, be careful with Chuck991's advice. He's never driven any modern water cooled 911. 996, 997, nor a 991.
Old 10-07-2015, 05:05 PM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,728 Likes on 1,057 Posts

If i got that worked up over curbed wheels I'd be divorced. you should see my wife's bmw. ugh.

thats minor and very cosmetic. a quality wheel repair shop can fix that perfect and you will never know.

the best way to fix is full wheel repaint

a REALLY GOOD way to fix is a localized sand, paint, clear and blend. this costs a lot less and may be able to be done on the car. I've had this done by a local guy I call the "wheel whisperer" and his work is like magic. last time I paid like $75 for a bmw wheel repair. looked perfect, could not tell where the curbing was or the paint was done and I'm an **** detail oriented sob.
Old 10-07-2015, 08:41 PM
Big Al HURT123
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I've gone through this process before with both mine and my wife's cars. Recently in my RS it happened. Problem is my wheels are black. Turbax the company I use was kind of iffy on matching the paint so I've been hesitant. So the other day I went to pep boys and bought black touch body paint and colored on the scratched area. At some point i will have to do it the proper way but for now if you don't know it there you wouldn't notice it unless inspected. Below are before and after picture. A little ghetto but fine for now.
Attached Images    
Old 10-07-2015, 08:50 PM
cpbmd
Rennlist Member

Received 213 Likes on 102 Posts

I had the same exact situation with my tire and rim. I got the rim fixed over the winter for $200 and it looks new . As for the tire, it had a rib of extra rubber on the side. I did not replace the tire until they wore out. I never had a problem. Your mileage may vary but as long as the chunk is not too deep into the side wall you should be okay. Take a close look at it.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: I'm so angry with...