Thoughts on future GTS collectability if it stays NA

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2015, 08:44 AM
drcollie
Race Car

Received 3,877 Likes on 1,358 Posts

Originally Posted by MJBird993
a) long-term for you my friend means more than a year
b) you should buy the Ferrari (if for no more reason than I want to drive it)
c) in 20 years the only driving you'll be doing is in your wheelchair
d) you'll never keep the Ferrari/GTS/whatever 20 years
a. that's YOU....long term for me is 3 years.
b. true
c. true
d. true

I need a new hobby.
Old 08-25-2015, 01:15 PM
stratocaster69
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Larry Cable
its not going to stay N.A, all the press comments are in regard to the current production and the new facelifted turbo charged models. When they introduce the 991.2 GTS (probably 2-3 years from now) it will be the 3.0L
"S" turbo engine with the "Exclusive" powerkit (tune).
Now that sounds right and I get that will be the scenario. Thanks
Old 08-25-2015, 01:24 PM
stratocaster69
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by drcollie
a. that's YOU....long term for me is 3 years.
b. true
c. true
d. true

I need a new hobby.
So whats right and whats wrong. lol I originally asked a ? out of curiosity, and said I don't care one way or the other. Otherwise I wouldn't be on a list for a GT3. Respectfully speaking!

The ultimate authority must always rest with an individuals own reason and critical analysis.

Thanks
Old 08-25-2015, 02:43 PM
Key Left
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by stratocaster69
So whats right and whats wrong. lol I originally asked a ? out of curiosity, and said I don't care one way or the other. Otherwise I wouldn't be on a list for a GT3. Respectfully speaking!

The ultimate authority must always rest with an individuals own reason and critical analysis.

Thanks
Think in terms of the legacy driving experience. The difference between a base Carrera and a S or GTS speed-wise is a few tenths. Who can really tell the difference? The Base is lighter and many pundits have recommended it over the other models due to the engine being more "sweet" to operate.
So, in the future all these three will be slower than their successor. People will want the sweetest legacy experience first, therefore Base will be the most sought after. It's also the lowest production model. IMHO.
Old 08-25-2015, 03:34 PM
stratocaster69
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Key Left
Think in terms of the legacy driving experience. The difference between a base Carrera and a S or GTS speed-wise is a few tenths. Who can really tell the difference? The Base is lighter and many pundits have recommended it over the other models due to the engine being more "sweet" to operate.
So, in the future all these three will be slower than their successor. People will want the sweetest legacy experience first, therefore Base will be the most sought after. It's also the lowest production model. IMHO.
Totally. I agree. To me its not about speed at all or I would have kept my Nissan GTR.

It was the ultimate feel of the 911 that had me sold for sure. Its not about buying it either thinking it might one day be a Hemi Cuda parts matching car or whatever. I was just getting thoughts and appreciate yours.

But its funny how some people misunderstand and than the thread goes ten different ways. I think people don't read the original threads and than start basing opinions and ideas off of the latest post. No harm done and I appreciate your input.

If I love this car and when the time my name moves up the list to where I can get a GT3. I will nix that order and get my deposit back and be happy. In the mean time its really all about enjoying driving it to me.

Thanks for the input though (: I appreciate it!
Old 08-25-2015, 10:55 PM
trips
Instructor

Received 66 Likes on 23 Posts

MAYBE the Targa GTS will have a chance at greatness...wishful thinking? =)
Old 08-25-2015, 10:59 PM
stratocaster69
Burning Brakes

Thats an idea man. Targas are cool!
Old 08-25-2015, 11:13 PM
trips
Instructor

Received 66 Likes on 23 Posts

Haha thanks strat, I have one coming in manual and PTS fashion grey. Who knows whats going to happen, but I plan on driving it daily =)
Old 08-25-2015, 11:24 PM
Targa Tim
Rennlist Member

Received 76 Likes on 30 Posts

[QUOTE=MJBird993;12533680d) you'll never keep the Ferrari/GTS/whatever 20 years[/QUOTE]

not true for me and my friends.

if garage space is not a problem, I don't see the problem of keeping our toys longer than 20+ years. It's not like we have to sell them to buy food.
Old 08-25-2015, 11:32 PM
ignacio
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default no 991 will be collectible

there are too many produced.
Old 08-26-2015, 01:19 AM
stratocaster69
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by trips
Haha thanks strat, I have one coming in manual and PTS fashion grey. Who knows whats going to happen, but I plan on driving it daily =)
U bet man enjoy it. Only god and the future knows the answer to this one question I asked and got all the great responses from.

Trip that is the way I feel. I actually changed my order to guards red. I will be right honest too. I am on a GT3 list and they said it more than likely would be 3 years until it was my turn and for what they get allocated.

I honestly hope this car proves to be so great that I will give up my slot when the time comes and get my deposit back lol. Maybe in that time too the GT3 will be turbo.

I honestly will be happy one way or the other. Your car is gonna be cool, enjoy it!
Old 08-26-2015, 08:37 AM
MJBird993
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Targa Tim
if garage space is not a problem, I don't see the problem of keeping our toys longer than 20+ years. It's not like we have to sell them to buy food.
True that. Unfortunately, the cost of obtaining a residential lot large enough to support a second garage and then building said garage and maintaining both the huge house (required to justify the huge lot) and huge garage end up (in my case) allocating all required funds necessary for filling said garage with cars.

I was going to do this a few years ago - I had a nice 3 acre lot, building plans, was going through builder selection, and then I realized that the only way I could comfortably afford it was to have only one car. Poor me. First world, yada, yada.

So now I have a three car garage, room for her car, my daily and my toy. I suppose I could buy another toy and put the daily outside - or even leave a toy or two outside, but none of those options thrill me. I used to keep a toy in a storage center, but that was very inconvenient and not inexpensive. So I just flip them often. Which ain't cheap either...
Old 08-26-2015, 08:56 AM
Bacura
Three Wheelin'

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Thoughts on future GTS collectability if it stays NA

Yes ,but flipping a 911 for a Z3? Doh.
Old 08-26-2015, 12:10 PM
stratocaster69
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by MJBird993
Knowing DRC as I do, I suspect that it will be a turbo hybrid with HRE wheels and the finest wax job available.

Oh, and he will tire of it in 6 months and get a newer, shinier, different and more powerful wheelchair.
Yes but he will be happy lol More shine on them wheels!
Old 08-26-2015, 12:28 PM
mathfuzzy
Rennlist Member

Received 397 Likes on 134 Posts

Apropos of this discussion, here's a piece posted today at Total911.com:

http://www.total911.com/sales-debate...ct-991-prices/

Quick Reply: Thoughts on future GTS collectability if it stays NA