911 GTS Club Coupe

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2015, 04:15 PM
jhoit
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 911 GTS Club Coupe

Hello Rennlist!

I might be offering my GTS Club Coupe up for sale, very cool car that will be essentially brand new, hasn't even been delivered yet. Please PM me with any questions or offers, serious only.

Jackson
Old 08-20-2015, 04:41 PM
mathfuzzy
Rennlist Member

Received 397 Likes on 134 Posts

Can't wait until these end up in the hands (garages) of those who really want them.

Incidentally, does it offend anyone else's sensibilities that this is jhoit's first post, that the intent is vague, and that (presumably) he denied a fellow PCA member who actually wanted the car the chance to configure it the way he or she desired?
Old 08-20-2015, 06:39 PM
Mark FM
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 19 Posts

I have a different slant on this issue as I view this as a true opportunity for someone to buy the car of their dreams! Would you rather not have the seller advertise to our group??? One of us now has the opportunity to buy a Club Coupe, assuming the car is real. My guess is that this may be the Sunset Porsche / Ebay car, but I do not know this for sure. If the car is for real, someone is going to be happy when they buy it!
Old 08-20-2015, 06:56 PM
mathfuzzy
Rennlist Member

Received 397 Likes on 134 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark FM
I have a different slant on this issue as I view this as a true opportunity for someone to buy the car of their dreams! Would you rather not have the seller advertise to our group??? One of us now has the opportunity to buy a Club Coupe, assuming the car is real. My guess is that this may be the Sunset Porsche / Ebay car, but I do not know this for sure. If the car is for real, someone is going to be happy when they buy it!
I think what's done is done and, honestly, I can't wait to see these end up with people who actually want to own them. Hopefully that describes an overwhelming majority of the people who accepted the offer from PCA.

If Dalema (for example) ends up with this car and it's roughly configured the way he'd want it, then I am right there with you.
Old 08-20-2015, 09:10 PM
Keadog
Rennlist Member

Received 1,018 Likes on 612 Posts

There's one sitting in the showroom at Sunset in Beaverton, OR with a MT. I was there to check out manual seats on a Boxster while visiting my son and daughter and law. The almost completely disinterested salesman (recogonizing 0% chance of a sale and in spite of the fact the GM from my dealer called ahead to ask them to help me out) told me the owner hasn't picked it up. Not sure how long it's been there. Nice looking car; I personally didn't like the blue in person as much as the pics.
But nice it had a manual.
Old 08-20-2015, 09:18 PM
MKW
Rennlist Member

Received 63 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Keadog
There's one sitting in the showroom at Sunset in Beaverton, OR with a MT. I was there to check out manual seats on a Boxster while visiting my son and daughter and law. The almost completely disinterested salesman (recogonizing 0% chance of a sale and in spite of the fact the GM from my dealer called ahead to ask them to help me out) told me the owner hasn't picked it up. Not sure how long it's been there. Nice looking car; I personally didn't like the blue in person as much as the pics.
But nice it had a manual.
Is the owner letting the dealership " show " the car just to build foot traffic for them or has he consigned it ? Why would he leave it around for some customer's ADHD kid to scratch it up ?
Old 08-20-2015, 09:36 PM
mtgadbois
Racer

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

I doubt if the dealer really wants to show it. Why show it if you can't sell it or one just like it. I'm the only club coupe my dealer got and there was no effort made to show it off. BTW, if I didn't get selected in the raffle I probably never would have bought it. I've generally bought used and waited for depreciation to take its toll. Lesson was learned with new Audis and Porsches. Now that I've got my Club Coupe I can say, paraphrasing the words of Charlton Heston ~ You'll have to pry my Kreighoff and now my Club Coupe out of my cold dead hands.
Old 08-20-2015, 09:36 PM
Mark FM
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 19 Posts

In my experience, all of Sunset's sales force is totally indifferent to selling cars. Their service and parts departments are superb, but they really don't go out of their way to make sales. Walking into their show room you get the feeling that no one cares. I have owned 8 911's and I have always tried to buy from Sunset first, since they are much closer than any other dealership. Out of my 8 purchases, none have been from Sunset. They must have very limited allocations and so the demand for 911's allows them to sell their inventory out each year. They obviously are not very motivated to establish long term relationships, at least not with me!
Old 08-21-2015, 02:30 AM
Dalema
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by jhoit
Hello Rennlist!

I might be offering my GTS Club Coupe up for sale, very cool car that will be essentially brand new, hasn't even been delivered yet. Please PM me with any questions or offers, serious only.

Jackson
You must be on restrictions as you can't be PMed. Why don't you post the build sheet and location. Thanks!
Old 08-21-2015, 10:14 AM
Keadog
Rennlist Member

Received 1,018 Likes on 612 Posts

Originally Posted by MKW
Is the owner letting the dealership " show " the car just to build foot traffic for them or has he consigned it ? Why would he leave it around for some customer's ADHD kid to scratch it up ?
It had a "sold" sticker on it and I didn't get close enough to the car to touch it, as I wouldn't want anyone pawing over my car either. The salesman was quite vague about why it was still there and wasn't exactly chatty.
"Indifferent" is a perfect descriptor of how we were treated. I assumed it was because we were from Ohio and not buying. Maybe not. My son has been getting his A6 serviced next door and says they seem "OK".
Old 08-26-2015, 12:05 AM
FORENN
Banned

Received 666 Likes on 327 Posts

Originally Posted by jhoit
Hello Rennlist!

Jackson
At MSRP? Below? Above?
Old 08-27-2015, 12:43 AM
MKW
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by sportscentury
At MSRP? Below? Above?
Would you sell at MSRP so that you can lose money to a total stranger for a car you can walk away from at no monetary loss , even after it arrives ? The contract states buyer can walk away anytime and the chosen delivering dealer cant keep it to sell to highest bidder ...it must go back to PCNA and offered by PCA to the next one on the waiting list !

No PCA winner who buys it with a secondary buyer quietly lined up is performing a charitable duty . Original buyer contract must match name of the winner , who must pay for the car , fees, SALES taxes ( around 9-10 % in Cali with no reduction allowed for a trade-in as in some states ) AND also calculate his unique opportunity cost of perhaps having to liquidate some assets which may be subject to capital gains taxes or even if one uses a short term loan to avoid that scenario, the effect on ones credit score has financial consequences also ....all things an interested secondary buyer must take into acct . In some cases the primary buyer may have to sell at tens of thousands of dollars OVER MSRP just to cover the obvious total sales contract costs , but perhaps capital gains taxes of liquidated appreciated equities if a significant amt of the purchase cash comes from that .

Folks buying for themselves see that as cheaper than interest on a several yr loan since it is the cost of enjoying the car . OTOH , to turn around and sell immediately, that cap gains tax is just another hard cost that must be accounted for in the negotiated price .
So that quick seller has 15+ k in sales tax and possibly another 15-20k in cap gains tax to recover above his base purchase price just to be made whole ! You are looking at a $ 190-200k car realistically in that scenario without even a " market adjustment " !
That is the BIG difference when a contract stipulates the right to original purchase cannot be reassigned to someone else beforehand .

Last edited by MKW; 08-27-2015 at 01:17 AM.
Old 08-27-2015, 01:34 AM
JAM2
Rennlist Member

Received 419 Likes on 202 Posts

Originally Posted by MKW
Would you sell at MSRP so that you can lose money to a total stranger for a car you can walk away from at no monetary loss , even after it arrives ? The contract states buyer can walk away anytime and the chosen delivering dealer cant keep it to sell to highest bidder ...it must go back to PCNA and offered by PCA to the next one on the waiting list !

No PCA winner who buys it with a secondary buyer quietly lined up is performing a charitable duty . Original buyer contract must match name of the winner , who must pay for the car , fees, SALES taxes ( around 9-10 % in Cali with no reduction allowed for a trade-in as in some states ) AND also calculate his unique opportunity cost of perhaps having to liquidate some assets which may be subject to capital gains taxes or even if one uses a short term loan to avoid that scenario, the effect on ones credit score has financial consequences also ....all things an interested secondary buyer must take into acct . In some cases the primary buyer may have to sell at tens of thousands of dollars OVER MSRP just to cover the obvious total sales contract costs , but perhaps capital gains taxes of liquidated appreciated equities if a significant amt of the purchase cash comes from that .

Folks buying for themselves see that as cheaper than interest on a several yr loan since it is the cost of enjoying the car . OTOH , to turn around and sell immediately, that cap gains tax is just another hard cost that must be accounted for in the negotiated price .
So that quick seller has 15+ k in sales tax and possibly another 15-20k in cap gains tax to recover above his base purchase price just to be made whole ! You are looking at a $ 190-200k car realistically in that scenario without even a " market adjustment " !
That is the BIG difference when a contract stipulates the right to original purchase cannot be reassigned to someone else beforehand .
^^^+1
Old 08-27-2015, 10:58 AM
MKW
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by JAM2
^^^+1
Thanks Joe....I'm just addressing the PCA winner's true total costs of acquisition scenario to the knowledgable enthusiast secondary buyer who really wants this very low production , well publicized special edition Porsche 911 and which no pull via dealer connection history helps due to the luck of the draw . Some of these buyers may prefer one in " rare vinyl LP record still wrapped , not played " condition with delivery miles only vs one to show up in the future on the used market with unknowable use and drive history.

Last edited by MKW; 08-28-2015 at 12:43 PM.
Old 08-27-2015, 11:35 PM
CamsPorsche
Race Car

Received 389 Likes on 166 Posts

And the OP is no where to be found...

Quick Reply: 911 GTS Club Coupe