Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2015, 11:19 AM
t-design
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 250 Likes on 164 Posts

Originally Posted by 77tony
Originally purchased a Scosche mount and ended up using it in the truck. T-Design is the way to go and works perfect. T
Thanks for posting the picture!
Is it okay if I use it on my website?

I'd suggest rotating mount 180deg, so it's more natural motion to insert the phone. And move it an inch lower for better grip on the wedge
Old 10-01-2015, 01:52 PM
DaveGee
Rennlist Member

Received 458 Likes on 255 Posts

T-Design here too. Took a spirited drive up the mountain last Saturday - everything stayed stucked real good.

DaveGee
Old 10-01-2015, 02:06 PM
77tony
Rennlist Member

Received 151 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by t-design
Thanks for posting the picture!
Is it okay if I use it on my website?
I'd suggest rotating mount 180deg, so it's more natural motion to insert the phone. And move it an inch lower for better grip on the wedge
Vlad, Permission granted ! Rotated then moved unit a little lower as suggested. Prefer unit a bit higher because of my height. (note: bus card bi-fold in place of cell for pic) T
Attached Images  
Old 10-02-2015, 05:25 PM
midcont
Burning Brakes

Received 51 Likes on 28 Posts

I do all kinds of custom solutions. I can most of proclip mounts on my bracket. I just find them quite ugly and bulky, strictly from my personal aesthetics point of view. And not suitable for one-hand operation.

But with phones getting in size closer and closer to the 80's TV size, it looks like I need to think about oversize stock option

http://t-design9.com/custom_solutions.html
Vlad, do you have a solution that would incorporate one of your mounts with wireless charging for an iphone?
Old 10-02-2015, 06:17 PM
t-design
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by midcont
Vlad, do you have a solution that would incorporate one of your mounts with wireless charging for an iphone?
Can you point me to a link?
Old 10-02-2015, 07:49 PM
beaverlake
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 21 Posts

Check the Pro-Clip site - they have mounts with holes sized to take and hold the new iPhone speed connector.
Old 10-05-2015, 03:14 PM
t-design
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by beaverlake
Check the Pro-Clip site - they have mounts with holes sized to take and hold the new iPhone speed connector.
As I understand "speed connector" and "wireless charging" are two different things. I was asking for a link to wireless solution. the usual proclip holder can sure be matched with my bracket and I actually have one on order right now, making custom holder for a customer. Will post pictures when ready.
Old 10-05-2015, 04:24 PM
midcont
Burning Brakes

Received 51 Likes on 28 Posts

As I understand "speed connector" and "wireless charging" are two different things. I was asking for a link to wireless solution. the usual proclip holder can sure be matched with my bracket and I actually have one on order right now, making custom holder for a customer. Will post pictures when ready.
I don't have a link, but check Amazon for "iphone wireless charging" solutions. You'll see the bases for charging and the thin wireless receiving patch that plugs into the phone. Maybe you can figure out a combination that would incorporate your mount, the wireless base and the receiving patch into one package that we knew worked.
Would be nice then if the base (an additional, 2nd unit) was also a good setup for the nightstand.
Old 10-07-2015, 01:10 PM
t-design
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

I looked at wireless chargers - they all to seem quite bulky and unreliable, so not well fitted for my mount. It wouldn't be too difficult to add phone holding arms to one of the chargers, but then I'd have a product support nightmare on my hand. As a lot of people on amazon are dissatisfied with those chargers.

So at this time, just like major phone companies, I choose to wait and see what direction it's all going.
Old 05-27-2016, 06:13 PM
stealthpilot
Three Wheelin'

Received 132 Likes on 80 Posts

I looked at wireless chargers - they all to seem quite bulky and unreliable, so not well fitted for my mount. It wouldn't be too difficult to add phone holding arms to one of the chargers, but then I'd have a product support nightmare on my hand. As a lot of people on amazon are dissatisfied with those chargers.

So at this time, just like major phone companies, I choose to wait and see what direction it's all going.
Any progress on wireless charging? Also is there a magnetic version of your mount? It would reduce bulk and create a cleaner look if the phone just looked like it is floating there.
Old 05-28-2016, 12:21 AM
stealthpilot
Three Wheelin'

Received 132 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by trusevich
I do custom magnetic solution now and then by customer request. But I don't offer them standard, as it's too unreliable with heavy modern phones and bad roads. Shearing force will drop the phone now and then

-Vlad / TDesign9.com
It may be worth discussing what I want to do. I am thinking of mounting an iPod touch permanently in the car (doesn't need to be removed). I could use a double sided 3' tape to fasten it to the mounting plate. But I need it to be very clean so it is ideally on drivers side of the PCM but not obstructing the PCM. Do you think this might be possible? This is for 991.
Old 11-15-2016, 11:01 AM
t-design
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

A few pictures of T-Design iPad mount. It's rock solid and will not shake like most of generic ones. Can be installed at various points on the glove box lid. Can be used with cup holders. 10 seconds install. Can be very useful on road trips

Cupdholders, Sunglass Holsters and more at T-Design9.com

Old 12-27-2016, 07:49 PM
First991
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

thought i'd share mine. Proclip iphone6 plus mount. Low profile, doesn't block vents or buttons, chargeable, easily mounted and dismounted with one hand, and very secure. No regrets!
Attached Images   
Old 12-27-2016, 11:04 PM
NF4710
Pro

Received 189 Likes on 115 Posts

Another vote in support of Vlad's T-design. It works beautifully and has been very secure. Holds my iPhone 6 Plus without issue. There's a little shake to the phone but I would imagine that would be present with any mount in a car this stiff. The location and ease of use are phenomenal. I tried the Proclip and it was nowhere as good - the position made it hard to use and the iPhone cradle with extension was very awkward. First911 your Proclip setup is better than mine (passenger side) but don't you find the phone hits your leg?

Cheers
NF
Old 12-28-2016, 01:30 AM
First991
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by NF4710
... don't you find the phone hits your leg?
not at all actually. there is plenty of clearance between the phone and my thigh. though I do like to set the seat a bit low

Quick Reply: How did you mount your phone?