Porsche Active Safe (PAS)

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2015, 12:14 AM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 10,772 Likes on 4,772 Posts
Default Porsche Active Safe (PAS)

While I understand that Porsche Actice Safe (PAS) comes with the Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC), I am curious whether it is possible to completely disable PAS?

I know that ACC can be manually disabled but even when ACC is off the PAS is still active. Right?

In other words, if you have ACC (which includes PAS) the PAS is active regardless of whether ACC is on or off.

So my question is, for those that have tracked a 911 with ACC + PAS, has PAS ever intruded inadvertently while you were on the track with other cars? Such as during a tight turn?
Old 08-01-2015, 02:16 AM
Chris3963
Rennlist Member

Received 1,083 Likes on 384 Posts

Originally Posted by ipse dixit
While I understand that Porsche Actice Safe (PAS) comes with the Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC), I am curious whether it is possible to completely disable PAS?

I know that ACC can be manually disabled but even when ACC is off the PAS is still active. Right?

In other words, if you have ACC (which includes PAS) the PAS is active regardless of whether ACC is on or off.

So my question is, for those that have tracked a 911 with ACC + PAS, has PAS ever intruded inadvertently while you were on the track with other cars? Such as during a tight turn?
I have PAS on my 4S and track it. You can turn PAS off completely via the MFD. if you don't, it will intrude. Just remember to turn it back on when you go back out on the road.
Old 08-01-2015, 01:23 PM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 10,772 Likes on 4,772 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris3963
I have PAS on my 4S and track it. You can turn PAS off completely via the MFD. if you don't, it will intrude. Just remember to turn it back on when you go back out on the road.
Thank you.

I will have to try it on the MFD/PCM. Looking at used C2S.
Old 08-01-2015, 02:18 PM
Need4S
Burning Brakes

Received 76 Likes on 58 Posts

From a post elsewhere.

Here's what it said: "You can turn off the Active Safe (PAS) part of the ACC system by going to the "Vehicle" screen on the MFD then from there go to "Settings" and under settings go to "Assist. systems" and that will present you with a check box to enable or disable the system. Quick and simple I just added this to my check list for track day arrival and pack up routines so I don't forget it...I definitely prefer to leave it "on" for the public highway."
Old 06-06-2016, 08:29 AM
Super50
Advanced

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Does this PAS system alert you of impending collision, or actually intervene enough (apply brakes in emergency autonomously) to avoid it?
Is it similar to the Volvo system being advertised?
Old 06-06-2016, 09:20 AM
budrichard
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

After 3 different Tracks, I have no zero problems with PAS OFF.
On road when in ACC there are no definitive audible or visual warnings I can discern and the car will brake or accelerate depending on your setting and the traffic directly in front of you, but at times if I come close to another vehicle, a blue warning comes up visually in the TFT display which I believe is the forerunner of active intervention of PAS whether ACC is ON or OFF. There are no audibles.
I did try to use the system in stop and go traffic once, it stoped the vehicle, no problems but then when traffic started up, it waited to long to be useful as a 'crawler'.
I use the ACC cruise all the time when on a highway or Expressway.-Richard
Old 06-06-2016, 12:09 PM
gyh
Rennlist Member

Received 63 Likes on 20 Posts

Awesome solution! Have been wondering how to do this.

Originally Posted by Super50
Does this PAS system alert you of impending collision, or actually intervene enough (apply brakes in emergency autonomously) to avoid it?
Is it similar to the Volvo system being advertised?
Super50, it does both (at least in my experience with the 991 S). I have never had the system intervene on the road in traffic but on the track, if you're closing on a car in front of you at a rate that the system deems dangerous, it will sound a chime and apply the brakes (depending on the conditions, sometimes just the former, sometimes both). This is obviously annoying for track driving and will screw up the flow of your session so glad to read that there is a way to turn it off.

Quick Reply: Porsche Active Safe (PAS)