Sponsored by:

Warm car or just me?

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2015, 01:26 AM
StudGarden
Burning Brakes

Received 47 Likes on 27 Posts
Default Warm car or just me?

I get hot easy in general and in cars in particular. I usually drive with windows and sunroof closed. On hot days the AC is far more than adequate. On cooler days the fan is enough (I run AC off 7+ months a year except occasional use to exercise it...not sure if that matters or not but it makes me feel better)

I have Luxor interior with vented seats, but I don't really need to use them, although I enjoy doing so.

The AC fan and seats work so well I can't believe this is a thread. Unless we're talking about the unexplainable desire many people have to drive around in a car with the fan off stewing in a thermonuclear microclimate of the stagnant air of the grave.

The AC is very good. The fan nice and strong. The seats don't seem any warmer than any other and if you have vented they really suck the humidity away fast if the AC is on but even without them I can't see how anyone anywhere can get hot in a 991.
Old 08-04-2015, 08:53 AM
fbroen
Three Wheelin'

Received 229 Likes on 124 Posts

I apologize if it missed it scanning this thread, but does OP have his airflow set to "soft" in the settings? There are three levels of air flow for "auto" air.

(I should also add that the A/C in mine is very cold and instantaneous. I love the option to set the airflow levels. Makes "auto" much more usebale IMO, as it allows personal preferences.)
Old 08-04-2015, 01:53 PM
Still restless
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My issue is not with the A/C as that works fine when it's on. My question/issue is that when I'm not using the A/C, I feel warmer in my GTS coupe vs. other cars, under similar conditions. It appears that I'm not alone, which indicates that there is nothing abnormal with my car. So, I'll just use the A/C more often and focus on enjoying my car.
Old 08-04-2015, 02:12 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,857 Likes on 1,901 Posts

Originally Posted by Still restless
My issue is not with the A/C as that works fine when it's on. My question/issue is that when I'm not using the A/C, I feel warmer in my GTS coupe vs. other cars, under similar conditions. It appears that I'm not alone, which indicates that there is nothing abnormal with my car. So, I'll just use the A/C more often and focus on enjoying my car.
Running the AC also takes moisture out of the air, so that could be some of what you're feeling when you go no A/C. I always have either A/C or heat running in my cars, even if it's at a very low level.
Old 08-04-2015, 06:29 PM
mtony
Pro

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

I find my 911 seems to not feel as hot after being in the sun compared to my other cars. I think it's because my 911 "lacks" a sunroof. My other cars have a glass roof with a shade, but it seems like a lot of heat still get through.

Quick Reply: Warm car or just me?