Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Poll: would you rather drive NA or turbo?

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2015, 01:31 PM
STG
Race Director

Received 193 Likes on 137 Posts
Default Poll: would you rather drive NA or turbo?

Originally Posted by Tacet-Conundrum
Considering that the modern non air cooled cars make more power than the Turbos of yester-year. I question myself If I really need a Turbo in the first place. The 993 Turbo makes between 400 & 408 BHP. Now that much power is standard issue for an S and 430 BHP with the power kit. Wish they would make the 475 BHP GT3 engine an option on all 911 models.

That and what will the power inncrease will be on the 911.2's?
This sums it all up !!!!

Read the below quote >>>>

"With its softer soundtrack and added assistance systems, the 911 will appeal to a wider set of buyers. On the track, it should do at least as well as its predecessor. But the general trend is undeniable: Purity makes way for digital enhancement."

^^^ Very telling quote .. ^^^

"While top speed remains unchanged and the factorys acceleration figures drop by 0.1 second, the sound-enhanced engine exhibits different driving characteristics. Zollter reports that acceleration drops off beyond 5000 rpm, and if the driver wants to use the tail to help steer the car, boost pressure must be kept up meticulously."

"The big news, of course, is under the engine cover: In the interest of efficiency and to fall into a more favorable tax bracket in China, Porsche has downsized the Carreras 3.4-liter engine and the 3.8-liter unit in the Carrera S to 3.0 liters. Thanks to turbocharging, however, output grows from 350 to 370 horsepower, and from 400 to 420 horsepower (Carrera and Carrera S, respectively). Maximum torque rises to 369 lb-ft, available from 1700 rpm. According to Porsches August Achleitner, the low-rpm torque peak means that it is far less often necessary to shift out of the manual transmissions ultratall seventh gear. Fuel economy in the notoriously optimistic European cycle increases to 33.6 mpg; it was previously rated at 29.4 mpg in the standard Carrera."

http://blog.caranddriver.com/photos-...he-911-emerge/

Quick Reply: Poll: would you rather drive NA or turbo?