Sponsored by:

GTS Club Coupes - Where's yours?

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2015, 05:05 PM
cars7wines
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Outstanding follow up

Thank you for your hard work and due diligence it makes the whole process into an adventure. Then the icing on the cake, the actual delivery. Thanks again.
Old 08-02-2015, 05:09 AM
Targa Tim
Rennlist Member

Received 76 Likes on 30 Posts

Congrats Mark, enjoy it.

Car color seems lighter than I expect in your pictures.

My dealer said I won't get mine till early Jan.
Old 08-02-2015, 11:28 AM
cars7wines
Advanced

Default January delivery

Originally Posted by Targa Tim
Congrats Mark, enjoy it.

Car color seems lighter than I expect in your pictures.

My dealer said I won't get mine till early Jan.
"Wow" In time for hard winter, sorry, but then you will have a few months to enjoy in your garage and learn where everything is or not. Then who knows maybe with "Global Warming" you may have a few days of nice sun and warm to stretch the winter legs. Hang in, time flies when you have a 911 in your garage
Old 08-02-2015, 03:27 PM
mtgadbois
Racer

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

To Targa Tim, my first pictures were taken before any dealer pdi. Now that it is cleaned up the color is darker and looks great. Have no fear you will enjoy the color and the car. Things learned the first two days and my latest model P-car before this was a 2000 Boxster S: in regular model and
Old 08-02-2015, 03:34 PM
cars7wines
Advanced

Mark, where did you post the pictures from the dealer? I never got to see those. My car is in the middle of the Celtic Sea today schedule to arrive at Davisville 08/08 new ETA 19:00hrs as of now 4 hrs. earlier than manifest shows. Did you get Bose???? Thanks, Alex
Old 08-02-2015, 05:05 PM
mtgadbois
Racer

Alex, go to message 46. Yes I got the Bose. I was advised to turn on the stereo surround sound and it will sound a lot better. I plan on figuring out the receiver functions later this week. I'm usually satisfied by just listening to the sound of the engine.
Old 08-02-2015, 05:08 PM
cars7wines
Advanced

Default Thanks for the tip

I am going to go look for your picture
Old 08-02-2015, 05:19 PM
cars7wines
Advanced

Default Great pictures

Originally Posted by mtgabois
Alex, go to message 46. Yes I got the Bose. I was advised to turn on the stereo surround sound and it will sound a lot better. I plan on figuring out the receiver functions later this week. I'm usually satisfied by just listening to the sound of the engine.
Hard to believe they are pre-dealer prep, unreal. You are right the engine sound is much better than any Bose system. Thank you
Old 08-02-2015, 05:55 PM
mtgadbois
Racer

Alex, by the way the bottle of wine that won for the "Its in my garage" celebration was 2004 Sine Qua Non "The Rejuvenators." The title sounded appropriate! The wine was great as always.
Old 08-02-2015, 08:23 PM
mathfuzzy
Rennlist Member

Received 397 Likes on 134 Posts

Alex, by the way the bottle of wine that won for the "Its in my garage" celebration was 2004 Sine Qua Non "The Rejuvenators." The title sounded appropriate! The wine was great as always.
Wait, did I read correctly that a Sine Qua Non was given away as a car show prize?! I think I've been on their waiting list for a dozen years now.
Old 08-02-2015, 09:15 PM
mtgadbois
Racer

No you did not read that correctly. It was one of my bottles. I've been on their mailing list ever since the beginning when Elaine and Manfred came out with "Queen of Spades." I have a fair amount of their wine but I did not take the step up a couple of years ago to their really pricey offerings. In the class I'm in I get offered only 1 or 2 bottles per type. When we moved in 1997 I fell off the list for 6 months and have yet to regain my prior position. On the other hand there is a lot of reasonably priced west coast wine out there.
Old 08-02-2015, 11:52 PM
mathfuzzy
Rennlist Member

Received 397 Likes on 134 Posts

No you did not read that correctly. It was one of my bottles. I've been on their mailing list ever since the beginning when Elaine and Manfred came out with "Queen of Spades." I have a fair amount of their wine but I did not take the step up a couple of years ago to their really pricey offerings. In the class I'm in I get offered only 1 or 2 bottles per type. When we moved in 1997 I fell off the list for 6 months and have yet to regain my prior position. On the other hand there is a lot of reasonably priced west coast wine out there.
That makes much more sense! Here I was thinking I was going to the wrong car shows.

I missed getting on the mailing list by just a few years. The good news about SQN is that it never disappoints my palette and hopefully I'll get a little allocations at winery prices at some point. In the meantime, I have Talley and Flowers and the good Acacia to drink with risotto. Or roast chicken. Or duck.
Old 08-06-2015, 12:32 AM
mikemdd
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

My car arrived at the dealer today, way before the forecasted date of 28 August. The build was finished one day ahead of schedule, on 9 July. Pretty fast delivery for sure. Unfortunately, I will not be back home until the 3rd week of August to pick it up. I think my friend's car arrived today also. This will make 3 Club Coupes within 30 minutes of each other in the northwest burbs of Chicago, all delivered now through 2 dealers. Not sure if any other dealers in Chicagoland received any orders. The dealer will send me pictures, but I suspect they will look pretty much like all the others...

Mike
Old 08-06-2015, 01:02 AM
JAM2
Rennlist Member

Received 419 Likes on 202 Posts

Originally Posted by mikemdd
My car arrived at the dealer today, way before the forecasted date of 28 August. The build was finished one day ahead of schedule, on 9 July. Pretty fast delivery for sure. Unfortunately, I will not be back home until the 3rd week of August to pick it up. I think my friend's car arrived today also. This will make 3 Club Coupes within 30 minutes of each other in the northwest burbs of Chicago, all delivered now through 2 dealers. Not sure if any other dealers in Chicagoland received any orders. The dealer will send me pictures, but I suspect they will look pretty much like all the others...

Mike
Mike,

We know of 2 in IL thanks to the spreadsheet. Who is the 3rd? Do you happen to know the details of that build? PDK/7MT, etc?
Old 08-06-2015, 01:06 AM
mikemdd
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by JAM2
Mike,

We know of 2 in IL thanks to the spreadsheet. Who is the 3rd? Do you happen to know the details of that build? PDK/7MT, etc?
There are 3 that I know of: Myself, Mark and my friend, Rob. I think JD has contacted Rob to sign up to the Registry. All 3 of us are in the same area. As I recall, his build is as follows:

Bose
18 way seats
Premium Plus
Voice control
PDK
Front/Rear sensors (no camera)

Mike

Quick Reply: GTS Club Coupes - Where's yours?