Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GTS Club Coupes - Where's yours?

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2016, 01:02 PM
Jhoffmann
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I should be getting mine back from the detail shop today. 6 days of paint corrections and lots of 9H... Should look great.
Attached Images   
Old 01-24-2016, 02:18 PM
Leader
Rennlist Member

Received 535 Likes on 168 Posts

Wow! That's a lot of hard work on your finish, Josh. (With apologies to our East Coast RL'ers) and just in time for some 75-degree days this week in Southern California. Nice.
Old 01-24-2016, 06:35 PM
MKW
Rennlist Member

Received 70 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by 997.2 GTS
Dang bummed I missed this!! SB region member (newbie)...great pictures!!!

Here is mine, the "other" CC...was able to see the blue CC @ Rennsport; beautiful car...love the wheels!

Congrats Blau Bros

Are these your parents ( with their bud Hans Peter Porsche ) at the Porsche Parade in Monterey June 2014 ? I remember them telling me they live down in the Palm Desert / Palm Springs / Rancho Mirage area and that only two of these 13 cars were sold in the US, the other 10 scattered across the globe and one kept by Porsche . If so , they were so cute with all their matching green gear , incl his Rolex Sub with its car-matching LV bezel that I noted and commented to him knowingly about !

Old 01-24-2016, 09:02 PM
mathfuzzy
Rennlist Member

Received 400 Likes on 134 Posts

Originally Posted by MKW
Are these your parents ( with their bud Hans Peter Porsche ) at the Porsche Parade in Monterey June 2014 ? I remember them telling me they live down in the Palm Desert / Palm Springs / Rancho Mirage area and that only two of these 13 cars were sold in the US, the other 10 scattered across the globe and one kept by Porsche . If so , they were so cute with all their matching green gear , incl his Rolex Sub with its car-matching LV bezel that I noted and commented to him knowingly about !
Small world. I was four cars away that morning, showing my black 997 Targa, just out of this picture. This Brewster Green CC couldn't have been very old then...months?
Old 01-24-2016, 10:02 PM
MKW
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mathfuzzy
Small world. I was four cars away that morning, showing my black 997 Targa, just out of this picture. This Brewster Green CC couldn't have been very old then...months?

One can easily pick out your black 997 Targa in the background on the right side of my image ....with its telltale chromed arch forming the side window graphic ....just in front of the red 996 :

Old 01-25-2016, 02:33 AM
mathfuzzy
Rennlist Member

Received 400 Likes on 134 Posts

Originally Posted by MKW
One can easily pick out your black 997 Targa in the background on the right side of my image ....with its telltale chromed arch forming the side window graphic ....just in front of the red 996 :

Greet shot Milt. Exactly.

Here's a different view. I loved that car!

Old 01-25-2016, 02:42 PM
St8haus
Racer

Received 28 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by MKW

HAHA small world indeed! Yep, those are the Parentals...and yep that's my Dad with his matching gear; I love you called him on the watch!! Talking to our "bud" Hans HAHA...we had a chance to meet him in Germany and tour his personal garage...I had to change my pants!! He tries to get it out to events in the Cali region. Glad you had a chance to chat with them. He really enjoys talking to the people and has passed the "bug" onto me for sure! I did not make it to Monterey...Dad said it was a great event and I will not be missing it again!! Where are you located?

Originally Posted by mathfuzzy
It was a late 2013 US delivery (he did the Euro Delivery)...so iirc the car made it state-side in November/December 2013.

Here is a pic from RennsportV...The guy in the blue shirt is from Germany and is another CC owner we had met while over there...pretty cool to see people from the other side of the world and what brings them together is Porsche's!! The Momo girls didn't mind the CC either

I love seeing your Blue CC's together and wow are they beautiful! Congrats to those who were able to acquire one...and the lucky two "winners"!
Old 02-12-2016, 09:23 AM
Pohlmeister
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Club Coupe

The Car that was displayed at Pfaff is my car. It was on display for our club social event in December. There are three 991 Club Coupes in Canada. One is in Vancouver and the other two in Toronto area. I know the owner of the Downtown Porsche car. I did not want my front bumper drilled and mounted a rennline bracket to the tow hook to mount the front plate.
Old 02-12-2016, 11:05 AM
MKW
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Pohlmeister
The Car that was displayed at Pfaff is my car. It was on display for our club social event in December. There are three 991 Club Coupes in Canada. One is in Vancouver and the other two in Toronto area. I know the owner of the Downtown Porsche car. I did not want my front bumper drilled and mounted a rennline bracket to the tow hook to mount the front plate.
welcome aboard Rennlist ...your CC's doppleganger has enjoyed being "summer driven " in the 70s-90s degree weather these past couple weeks here in California !

will be taking it with my wife to the Napa Valley for a special ,romantic Valentine's Day fondue /Cabernet / chocolate truffles event at the Round Pond Winery Estate , best known for their incredible olive oils . Blue skies and the temp is expected to be near 80 !

Last edited by MKW; 02-12-2016 at 11:22 AM.
Old 02-12-2016, 05:01 PM
Leader
Rennlist Member

Received 535 Likes on 168 Posts

Lovin' those legacy plates, Milt.

We should probably keep our yaps shut about the great weather here in California, so I won't mention we're driving up to Santa Barbara for breakfast on the pier tomorrow morning.
Attached Images  
Old 02-13-2016, 12:11 AM
mtgadbois
Racer

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

Glad you are enjoying your California weather. Here in Chicago it is going down to 0F tonight with 2"-4" of snow for Sunday. My car is in the garage and with its charging hookup looks like it is on life support. Oh well, Spring is coming I hear.

Old 02-13-2016, 11:15 AM
MKW
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Leader

.....We should probably keep our yaps shut about the great weather here in California, so I won't mention we're driving up to Santa Barbara for breakfast on the pier....
you're right John ..we still aren't through our El Nino season ..so we may still get our comeupance !

Old 02-13-2016, 01:07 PM
Pohlmeister
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would love to be in California now with the CC. It is -15 F today and I am staying inside. The CC is hibernating in the garage with the other Porsches. Your car looks great! I better figure out what I am doing for Valentines or I will be in trouble!!!

Michael
Old 02-13-2016, 01:38 PM
MKW
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Pohlmeister
I would love to be in California now with the CC. It is -15 F ztoday and I am staying inside. The CC is hibernating in the garage with the other Porsches. Your car looks great! I better figure out what I am doing for Valentines or I will be in trouble!!!

Michael
thanks..the pic with me was taken a couple days ago from Foothills Park , a private open space preserve/ park / picnic / lake area open only to Palo Alto residents , with me looking in the direction of the Pacific Ocean just over the hills behind the picture taker and with Stanford Univ just behind and below me in the close in background surrounded by the city of Palo Alto ...with Facebook's and Alphabet/ Google's massive complexes abutting the shoreline of this side of San Francisco Bay just beyond that .

Old 02-13-2016, 03:09 PM
Jhoffmann
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Took her out for an early morning run and stopped at Cars & Coffee Tustin. Parked next to a PTS Voodoo Blue GTS...
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: GTS Club Coupes - Where's yours?