Sponsored by:

New to me C2S...FINALLY!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2015, 10:04 AM
Michael15
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Slantnose!
Congratulations...how much lower were the H&R springs & did they ride bad or anything compared to your Techart's?
I will post some pics of the difference when I get home. I had limited time on the H&R but they do feel a little stiffer than the TechArts. I really had no problem with the ride of the H&R's I just thought they sat the car a little low for my taste. Also there seemed to be a slight rake w/the back being lower than the front. This could have just been an issue with my setup and not all H&R springs. I love how the car sits now on the TechArts. I might miss the H&R's at the track but at my level I highly doubt I'll notice any difference. After a spiritied drive up some mountain roads I can say the TechArt's are plenty stiff and the ride on non sport mode is very compliant and quite comfy.
Old 07-01-2015, 12:39 PM
Slantnose!
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Cool...understood, thanks.
Old 07-01-2015, 03:11 PM
handful
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Nice build and I like the white dials. Congratulations on the 2S.
Old 07-01-2015, 04:20 PM
RobC4sX51
Rennlist Member

Received 67 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by RobC4sX51
Where is it raining? We are in Laguna Beach and not a drop!
Oops, a TS did pop up about 4p and it did pour!
Old 07-01-2015, 09:16 PM
Axxlrod
Instructor

Looks awesome. Are you in the Carlsbad area by chance?
Old 07-02-2015, 12:23 AM
Michael15
Instructor

Originally Posted by Axxlrod
Looks awesome. Are you in the Carlsbad area by chance?

Yes, very close anyway. I'm in Rancho Santa Fe.
Old 07-02-2015, 09:32 PM
NewtownGT3
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

How do you like the sound of the exhaust?

I'm considering that switchback set up on my '15 C2S, so any feedback or video would be greatly appreciated.
Old 07-02-2015, 09:58 PM
Michael15
Instructor

The sound is really fantastic! I'm not going to lie though, its loud but a very good loud, IMO. When I got on it I was getting a very loud "drone" between 3.5k-4k while i was on sport mode with the valves open. It was loud enough that it really bothered my son, who has autism. That really bothered me because he LOVES the car and likes aggressive driving. "Dad, this is like the Fast and the Furious". Ha..not quite son. So after a lil research and chatting with Axxlrod here on the forum I blocked the sound symposer this afternoon. My initial impressions are really positive. Don't get me wrong I love an aggressive exhaust and the AWE absolutely will turn heads, but I needed to do something to minimize the "drone". To be fair I'm only saying "drone" because i'm not sure what the was exactly, but over 4k and under 3.5k rpm's its much different sound, and by different I mean awesome! I'll be taking it on a 200-300mile spirited ride on Saturday AM and will report back more.

I forgot to mention when I'm driving in nonsport the car is very compliant and sounds tame...until u punch it over 4krpm...

Tag Motorsports have posted several youtube videos with the AWE exhaust. Its better by far than anything I can produce on my own. Honestly though the videos do not do this exhaust system justice.
Old 07-02-2015, 10:01 PM
Vista6019
Rennlist Member

Received 351 Likes on 141 Posts

Great story and beautiful car. Have FUN
Old 07-03-2015, 02:04 AM
NewtownGT3
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Michael15
The sound is really fantastic! I'm not going to lie though, its loud but a very good loud, IMO. When I got on it I was getting a very loud "drone" between 3.5k-4k while i was on sport mode with the valves open. It was loud enough that it really bothered my son, who has autism. That really bothered me because he LOVES the car and likes aggressive driving. "Dad, this is like the Fast and the Furious". Ha..not quite son. So after a lil research and chatting with Axxlrod here on the forum I blocked the sound symposer this afternoon. My initial impressions are really positive. Don't get me wrong I love an aggressive exhaust and the AWE absolutely will turn heads, but I needed to do something to minimize the "drone". To be fair I'm only saying "drone" because i'm not sure what the was exactly, but over 4k and under 3.5k rpm's its much different sound, and by different I mean awesome! I'll be taking it on a 200-300mile spirited ride on Saturday AM and will report back more.

I forgot to mention when I'm driving in nonsport the car is very compliant and sounds tame...until u punch it over 4krpm...

Tag Motorsports have posted several youtube videos with the AWE exhaust. Its better by far than anything I can produce on my own. Honestly though the videos do not do this exhaust system justice.
Yes....I seen those videos & actually think the normal (valves closed) sounds better than with the valves open on their set up. That's the exact opposite of my car now. I think with the valves open it sounds better, so I'm wondering why their system sounds deeper & more of a low roar with the valves closed?....kinda weird.

Please update us after your extended drive....would like more feedback!!! Btw, thanks for the review so far too!!!
Old 07-03-2015, 04:16 AM
advantyper
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Beautiful Combo! One thing do the S look too spaced out from 911?
Old 07-03-2015, 09:35 AM
Michael15
Instructor

The rear badging does look a little spaced out but I love the color! Even with my OCD I'm good with it!
Old 07-03-2015, 09:38 AM
Michael15
Instructor

Originally Posted by NewtownGT3
Yes....I seen those videos & actually think the normal (valves closed) sounds better than with the valves open on their set up. That's the exact opposite of my car now. I think with the valves open it sounds better, so I'm wondering why their system sounds deeper & more of a low roar with the valves closed?....kinda weird.

Please update us after your extended drive....would like more feedback!!! Btw, thanks for the review so far too!!!
This is why I would caution you not to rely solely on the videos! My AWE is much much deeper/aggressive with the valves open. If you are down San Diego way let me know and you are more than welcome to test mine out!
Old 07-06-2015, 08:33 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,423 Likes on 2,237 Posts

Originally Posted by Michael15
I will post some pics of the difference when I get home. I had limited time on the H&R but they do feel a little stiffer than the TechArts. I really had no problem with the ride of the H&R's I just thought they sat the car a little low for my taste. Also there seemed to be a slight rake w/the back being lower than the front. This could have just been an issue with my setup and not all H&R springs. I love how the car sits now on the TechArts. I might miss the H&R's at the track but at my level I highly doubt I'll notice any difference. After a spiritied drive up some mountain roads I can say the TechArt's are plenty stiff and the ride on non sport mode is very compliant and quite comfy.
I wonder if your H&R installer forgot to set the rear spring perch properly?
Old 08-24-2015, 06:48 AM
TimAD
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats! Gorgeous car!

Let us know if you need any clear bra or detailing work. Would love to take care of ya!

-Tim Coats
Adonis Detail, Carlsbad

Quick Reply: New to me C2S...FINALLY!!