Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can I live with a 911 in a small garage?

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2015, 04:27 PM
BradB
Drifting

Received 43 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by 991TurboS
How about you take a test drive with your salesman and tell him sale is dependent on it fitting in your garage?
I've done exactly this! I have a VERY narrow drive and a detached garage behind the house in a courtyard. And one part of my garage is an old carriage house so it's very short. You can measure all day long but until you try it out in person, parking and opening doors you'll never know.
Old 06-28-2015, 04:33 PM
ChristianR
Three Wheelin'

Received 140 Likes on 71 Posts

from the side of my 991s door to the side of my macan turbo door i have 29.5 inches. i am 5'11", 225lbs and i have to maneuver to get out do to the 991s being so low and the door being long, getting out of my Macan Turbo is much easier in the same space
Old 06-28-2015, 06:11 PM
Ice9ine
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can I live with a 911 in a small garage?

Suggestions;

1) Hang a tennis ball from the ceiling on a cord. Locate it on garage centerline and situate so tennis ball touches center of front window. This will allow you to center your vehicle each time you enter the garage.

2) Install a door guard on the wall(s) to prevent your door edges from dings or dents.

Amazon.com: Prevent-A-Dent GarageTime Garage Wall Guard: Automotive Amazon.com: Prevent-A-Dent GarageTime Garage Wall Guard: Automotive

I've done both and they help prevent damage.

Good luck and enjoy your Porsche.
Old 06-28-2015, 08:44 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,878 Likes on 1,903 Posts

Originally Posted by Ice9ine
Suggestions;

1) Hang a tennis ball from the ceiling on a cord. Locate it on garage centerline and situate so tennis ball touches center of front window. This will allow you to center your vehicle each time you enter the garage.

2) Install a door guard on the wall(s) to prevent your door edges from dings or dents.

Amazon.com: Prevent-A-Dent GarageTime Garage Wall Guard: Automotive

I've done both and they help prevent damage.

Good luck and enjoy your Porsche.
Gotta get me that prevent a dent thing. I rigged up some padding myself, but it ain't too pretty and it's eventually gonna tear.

Years back I did the tennis ball thing when I was really close end to end, but I got tired of it hanging down all the time. I realized after a few parks I could judge the front of the car without it.
Old 06-30-2015, 02:50 PM
OMG Noooooo....
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had to cut 4 inches out of my garage floor and lower the entrance slope to get my 991s with pasm sport into my garage.. maybe 3mm clearance at best.
Old 06-30-2015, 02:53 PM
StudGarden
Burning Brakes

Received 47 Likes on 27 Posts

I have an 8 foot garage door as well and after that its a tight fit. It works, but you have to be very careful pulling in, and very careful opening the door.

Quick Reply: Can I live with a 911 in a small garage?