Help with HRE wheel finishes

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2015, 05:14 PM
STG
Race Director

Received 193 Likes on 137 Posts
Default Help with HRE wheel finishes

Originally Posted by Still restless
I think brushed dark clear would just be a dark clear coating over brushed silver.
Exactly correct. A dark tinted clear coat. You can still see the brushed aluminum wheel finish through it. It's not a "solid" finish.
Old 06-26-2015, 05:37 PM
Michael15
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

One thing to consider is getting the wheels repainted by HRE if you do not like the color? I know that is an option for me with the FF01's so i'm not sure if that is available for all their wheels? I believe the cost to repaint is $600 for the FF01's. Sucks to get the "wrong" color but at least there are options.
Old 06-26-2015, 05:40 PM
TAGMotorsports
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 244 Likes on 159 Posts

Thanks for the explanation on the difference between brushed dark clear and brushed titanium; this is very helpful. I have seen satin-finish wheels and can visualize it more clearly now. Since I have a set of brushed silver wheels on another car, I think brushed dark clear would just be a dark clear coating over brushed silver.
Exactly. So to summarize this.

Brushed Clear - Glossy finish where you can see the brushwork.
Brushed Dark Clear - Same as above with a tinted clearcoat that allows for you to still see the brushwork
Brushed Titanium - Same as Brushed Dark Clear, however has a satin (not shiny) finish to it.

web: www.TAGMotorsports.com - email: sales@tagmotorsports.com
Authorized Dealer For: HRE, Vossen, TechArt, AWE, Bilstien, KW, Akrapovic, Capristo, Fabspseed, BBI, Vorsteiner, Milltek, 1016 Industries, BBS, Brembo, GMG, H&R, Pirelli, Michelin, Hankook & more.

TechArt & AWE Tuning's #1 Volume Dealer Nationwide
Old 06-26-2015, 07:09 PM
Still restless
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for all the explanations and pics. I think Brushed Dark Clear may be the way to go after all. At least I don't see what I'd be gaining with the additional price premium for Brushed Titanium.
Old 06-26-2015, 08:08 PM
TAGMotorsports
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 244 Likes on 159 Posts

Thanks for all the explanations and pics. I think Brushed Dark Clear may be the way to go after all. At least I don't see what I'd be gaining with the additional price premium for Brushed Titanium.
Yup! Also to note - Brushed Dark Clear & Brushed Titanium area actually the same price
Old 06-29-2015, 04:54 PM
HRE Wheels
Former Vendor

Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Michael15
One thing to consider is getting the wheels repainted by HRE if you do not like the color? I know that is an option for me with the FF01's so i'm not sure if that is available for all their wheels? I believe the cost to repaint is $600 for the FF01's. Sucks to get the "wrong" color but at least there are options.
We can refinish Forged & FlowForm wheels.

Quick Reply: Help with HRE wheel finishes