Sponsored by:

Recent Work On C2S

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2015, 09:11 PM
Ski Porsche
Rennlist Member

Received 132 Likes on 73 Posts
Default Recent Work On C2S

In the last few days I've had Pagid yellow brake pads installed along with stainless, braided brake lines. The pads are terrific, after bedding them in, they have so much more stopping power then the OEM pads. The pedal feels more solid and there's a great feel to the brakes. Hard to describe, but it's very satisfying. I'm looking forward to the next DE in a couple weeks.
Yesterday I changed the oil myself for the first time replacing the Mobil 1 with Joe Gibbs oil. Changing the oil is a simple job--the most difficult part is removing the panels and fans to get to the filter. It took me less than an hour, taking my time. Next time it will be a 30 minute job. It's satisfying for me to do some of my own maintenance and as a bonus, I got to see the engine!
Finally, today I received a pair of Burmester tweeters and sundry parts to replace my, painfully bad, Bose units. That was about an hour job and the difference is remarkable. Sounds so much better, I can actually crank up the volume without feeling like jumping out of my car--while it's moving!
I met my wife for dinner after picking the car up following the brake job. In the course of the conversation I told her, "My Porsche makes me happy". She patted my hand and gave me a gratuitous smile, then changed the subject.
Old 05-21-2015, 10:00 PM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,388 Likes on 2,509 Posts

DT40 is a good oil. I've posted a few UOAs on it. Search my user name.

I really want to do the Burmester tweeter upgrade. We need to do a tech day with the Chicago Rennlisters and bang one out.
Old 05-22-2015, 01:28 AM
Ski Porsche
Rennlist Member

LexVan,
I saw your posts and planned to send an oil sample in and then forgot to save some.
The tweeter upgrade was easier then I expected and is worth the money and time.
Old 05-22-2015, 02:28 PM
ny991
Nordschleife Master

Received 164 Likes on 114 Posts

You're going to love the Pagids. I just did my first track days with them and they are fantastic. I did a few events with the stocks and each time I had pad issues afterwards. This time they came off great!
Old 05-22-2015, 08:05 PM
lunarx
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I love threads like this, so much Porsche Joy

Just wondering, are you street driving those Pagid pads?
Old 05-22-2015, 08:47 PM
peteb3
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Are the pads noisy on the street
Any other feedback for street driving
Thx
Old 05-22-2015, 09:23 PM
ny991
Nordschleife Master

Received 164 Likes on 114 Posts

Occasionally I get a little squeal from the Pagids, but it's no major problem. I have the stocks to put back on if I want. It is so easy to change pads on the 991 that it's not an issue.
Old 05-23-2015, 01:23 AM
Ski Porsche
Rennlist Member

Today running around SLC I got some squeal coming to a stop at low speed with light pressure on the pedal. I called the shop and they told me to either do the bedding in process again or wait until after the DE in two weeks to see how things are. If there's still noise they will try little more anti-squeal.
Old 05-23-2015, 09:35 PM
Rennlist Member

Received 53 Likes on 35 Posts

You will have squeal with pagid yellows on the street no matter what you do.Especially a couple of weeks after a track day when they scrub the pad material from the rotor. Life with track pads. PFC11s are the quietest pads that are true track pads I've ever experienced. Unfortunately PFC still doesn't have proper figments for us all around.

Quick Reply: Recent Work On C2S