Sponsored by:

First scratches.....

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2015, 04:33 PM
duxsi
Burning Brakes

Received 169 Likes on 114 Posts

Originally Posted by Bacura
My wife isn't even insured to drive my car.........and I'm not insured to wear her jewellery.
Wow.. Always interesting to see see how many people forbid their (in)significant other to drive their car.

My wife probably drives the car more than I do and I really couldn't care less.

After all, it's just a car - a hunk of steel and aluminum (with too much plastic).
Nothing more, nothing less.
Old 05-21-2015, 05:09 PM
TJD911
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thanks

Brilliant posts everybody. Thanks for the laughs and the technical input. I appreciated both. I'm still laughing about the bulldog 😆

TJD
Old 05-21-2015, 05:24 PM
freeman
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

So, my first Porsche was a 1974 914. See the URL below for my collection.

My wife drove it one day and clipped the front fascia on a parking stall. She came home repentant and morose. I DECIDED A LONG TIME AGO THAT MY WIFE WAS MORE IMPORTANT THAN ANY PORSCHE. I have owned six. She has driven all regularly. She has not yet driven the most recent but she will soon, at my insistence.

There are two caveats: First, there is no one or thing more important to me than my wife. Second, EVERYTHING on a Porsche is replaceable.

My wife will continue to drive OUR Porsches.
Old 05-21-2015, 05:54 PM
Sam Zamir
Advanced

Received 20 Likes on 9 Posts

You guys are funny! If any of you are in LA and need little touchups and clean ups like this, just swing by and I'll gladly take care of anyone who mentions Rennlist.
Old 05-21-2015, 06:15 PM
eg991
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by freeman
So, my first Porsche was a 1974 914. See the URL below for my collection.

My wife drove it one day and clipped the front fascia on a parking stall. She came home repentant and morose. I DECIDED A LONG TIME AGO THAT MY WIFE WAS MORE IMPORTANT THAN ANY PORSCHE. I have owned six. She has driven all regularly. She has not yet driven the most recent but she will soon, at my insistence.

There are two caveats: First, there is no one or thing more important to me than my wife. Second, EVERYTHING on a Porsche is replaceable.

My wife will continue to drive OUR Porsches.
Bravo! Now THIS is the right attitude to have, IMHO.
Old 05-21-2015, 06:47 PM
Bacura
Three Wheelin'

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

My wife doesn't care about cars. She would be devastated if she damaged my car. Everything is OURS except MY Porsche. Married 31 years.
PS. She basically gets anything she wants.
Old 05-21-2015, 07:03 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,858 Likes on 1,902 Posts

I let my wife and kids drive all my cars and I tell them not to worry about it, it's just a car. Except...if you curb one of my beautiful wheels, there would be no reason to come home....

I keed.

Seriously, IMO, nothing says I'm a f*cking moron who doesn't take care of anything more than a car with curb rashed wheels, especially a high end car. I've repeatedly told my kids, don't be that guy/girl.

Quick Reply: First scratches.....