Sponsored by:

Got my confirmed 2016 991.1 GTS Allocation

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2015, 11:54 AM
ChoyV
Racer

Received 35 Likes on 19 Posts
Default Got my confirmed 2016 991.1 GTS Allocation

I just received an email from my dealer about my GTS order with a Vehicle Status of V200 - Delivery date determined. It is scheduled for September 9 delivery. It is possible to be delivered earlier basing from my previous order last year.

This was ordered last March but supposed to be a first week of October ED at Leipzig. The October ED date was only released last week but the only available date is on the 25 of October. I was the 14th on the list with only 6-8 available slots. The manager was surprised on how difficult for Porsche to allocate more open slots. He mentioned that it might be due to the brisk Macan sales. Didn't have any problem with my previous ED's with BMW with only a 3-4 months advanced notice.

So I decided to just do a local delivery and placed the order for the earliest available 2016 991.1 GTS last week. It will be a Guard Red with MT and Luxor interior . Bare minimum options with 18-way premium package, PASM Sport Suspension and No Sunroof.

On the positive notes, I will get my car earlier and can drive it longer before winter cold season, salt on the road, comes in. So I will start the countdown....
Old 05-20-2015, 05:52 PM
GreenLantern
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Awesome! Congrats.
Old 05-20-2015, 06:47 PM
eg991
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats! Hope it arrives earlier than expected.
Old 05-21-2015, 06:10 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,432 Likes on 2,243 Posts

Originally Posted by ChoyV
I just received an email from my dealer about my GTS order with a Vehicle Status of V200 - Delivery date determined. It is scheduled for September 9 delivery. It is possible to be delivered earlier basing from my previous order last year.

This was ordered last March but supposed to be a first week of October ED at Leipzig. The October ED date was only released last week but the only available date is on the 25 of October. I was the 14th on the list with only 6-8 available slots. The manager was surprised on how difficult for Porsche to allocate more open slots. He mentioned that it might be due to the brisk Macan sales. Didn't have any problem with my previous ED's with BMW with only a 3-4 months advanced notice.

So I decided to just do a local delivery and placed the order for the earliest available 2016 991.1 GTS last week. It will be a Guard Red with MT and Luxor interior . Bare minimum options with 18-way premium package, PASM Sport Suspension and No Sunroof.

On the positive notes, I will get my car earlier and can drive it longer before winter cold season, salt on the road, comes in. So I will start the countdown....
you should have looked at Zuffenhausen ED ... Leipzig is delivering the Macan, Panamera and Cayenne to name but a few ... maybe even Cayman

911s, and Boxsters are built on the Zuffenhausen line...

Also note that BMW and Porsche's ED abilities are significantly different ... BMW's being on an 'industrial' scale ... Porsche is a much smaller operation
Old 05-21-2015, 07:05 PM
ChoyV
Racer

Originally Posted by Larry Cable
you should have looked at Zuffenhausen ED ... Leipzig is delivering the Macan, Panamera and Cayenne to name but a few ... maybe even Cayman

911s, and Boxsters are built on the Zuffenhausen line...

Also note that BMW and Porsche's ED abilities are significantly different ... BMW's being on an 'industrial' scale ... Porsche is a much smaller operation
I did give them both options for ED locations but preferred Leipzig. Stuttgart is even worst with 0 available slots whatsoever. People are taking their Macan delivery even in Stuttgart. The Macan is really selling well.
Old 05-21-2015, 07:13 PM
bichito
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey ChoyV..... I just switched my ED on Aug 31 for a C2 cab from Leipzig to Zuffenhausen this afternoon. If that date works for you, you might be able to get it!
Old 05-21-2015, 07:33 PM
ChoyV
Racer

Originally Posted by bichito
Hey ChoyV..... I just switched my ED on Aug 31 for a C2 cab from Leipzig to Zuffenhausen this afternoon. If that date works for you, you might be able to get it!
Thanks. I will ask (insist) my dealer to grab it. Anything that I need to know to give my dealer some details. Or maybe I will ask PCNA, Atlanta to reserve that date. Since the delivery date is on September, then the car must be available for ED pickup around August then.
Old 05-21-2015, 07:46 PM
ChoyV
Racer

Originally Posted by ChoyV
Thanks. I will ask (insist) my dealer to grab it. Anything that I need to know to give my dealer some details. Or maybe I will ask PCNA, Atlanta to reserve that date. Since the delivery date is on September, then the car must be available for ED pickup around August then.
Sent email to ED Atlanta office for August 31 Leipzig delivery. Hoping for the best.
Old 05-21-2015, 07:46 PM
bichito
Intermediate

Not sure what other info you would need other than the date... Hope you can grab it!
Good luck
Old 05-22-2015, 11:43 AM
ChoyV
Racer

Got a reply back from PCNA Atlanta ED department. She mentioned:

His case was a very rare one. We offered him a date in Leipzig that became available by cancelation. He requested Zuffenhausen and that same day we had a cancelation for the same date in Zuffenhausen. Unfortunately we still have a list of customer that we have to get through to offer that date. If no one accepts or another date becomes available that I am able to offer you I will contact you. I am very sorry I do not have better news at this time.

So it looks like they are going through their list, as supposed to be. No cutting-in allowed. So back to the local delivery for now. Will just treat my wife to a Paris trip. My itinerary was supposed to be: Leipzig Delivery, Laps on the Ring, Stay a couple days in Black Forest and drop off in Stuttgart before going to Paris.
Old 05-22-2015, 07:07 PM
bichito
Intermediate

Worth the try... Hey you are getting a new GTS... Things could be worse!
Old 05-24-2015, 12:28 PM
ChoyV
Racer

Originally Posted by bichito
Worth the try... Hey you are getting a new GTS... Things could be worse!
LOL. My friend and I thought about this PROBLEM last month. What a problem to have! Getting a GTS itself is a privilege and having a chance to do ED is even way off the chart.

Just came from my dealer yesterday and finalized the total cost. I got a pretty good discount since I bought several P cars from them. As mentioned, I got the additional $3K discount from them since I am not doing ED anymore. Got a copy of the production schedule. I still have a 4 weeks to change my config. Still 51% Guard Red to 49% Rhodium Silver.

Quick Reply: Got my confirmed 2016 991.1 GTS Allocation