Full body clear bra (Esoteric Detail)

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2015, 09:05 PM
mmaturo
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by neurotichamster8
that's horrible! those Audi lights aint cheap
Wasn't the Audi's, they are all fine. Its my 991. Really sick to my stomach. The guy did a not so good job getting the trim back in around the front trunk area since he popped out the headlights to tuck in the wrap so I need to get that fixed too. Guy came recommended by a trusted friend but I am disappointed. Didn't want to go back to a very expensive shop near me that did my RS7 but who knows if they would have known. Pretty upset as my car was flawless. Not anymore.

Last edited by mmaturo; 05-20-2015 at 10:19 PM.
Old 05-20-2015, 09:07 PM
mmaturo
Racer

Originally Posted by LexVan
Sorry. Check the 991 GT3 Forum too. They have some experience with this problem and correction as well.
Thanks...will be researching tonight. I can tell with my lights it probably would have been fine but he must have pulled up and reset the pieces and did the damage while installing the film. I actually just pulled the film off myself without adding any further damage.
Old 05-20-2015, 10:12 PM
mmaturo
Racer

Originally Posted by LexVan
Sorry. Check the 991 GT3 Forum too. They have some experience with this problem and correction as well.
Thank you. Found all the threads searching with 'headlight coating 991'. Really wishing I had researched this better but I don't think any search I would have done would have hit it nor was I looking for any film/xpel advice is that was my preferred film and had done the lights on previous cars. oh well. At least this thread will be on the 991 forum as a warning.
Old 05-20-2015, 10:32 PM
popspin
Track Day

Originally Posted by neurotichamster8
Hey guys;

New GTS owner as of last week. Is it worth it to get a full body clear bra? I am planning on keeping this car for a very long time and would like to keep the paint protected. Contacted Esoteric Detail and they want about $5K for the whole car....pretty damn steep but I've read/heard they do phenomenal work. So including the new car prep (doing the "Ultimate New Car Preparation and Protection") and the whole body clear bra, looking at $8K...that's a lot of change. Should I just do the full frontal?

http://www.esotericdetail.com/detail...nd-protection/

Cheers.
Hi Neuro:
I live around the NY area and have found lots of good reports about Dynamic Detailing in Mineola (Long Island). It can take 4-6 weeks to get an appointment to have your car wrapped.
My car is getting wrapped a couple days after I take delivery. I am covering the bumper, hood, fenders, mirrors and that area behind the door where that puny Porsche provided piece of something that looks like it will do nothing is! I had also planned to cover the headlights but am not now so sure after reading this thread. A bit over $2,200.
I've never wrapped a car before but I am impressed with the Expel Ultimate and these guys know how to install it. So here I go, with you...
popspin
Old 05-21-2015, 11:19 AM
gusp
Instructor

I live in Columbus. Message me if you need any suggestions on what to do while you're waiting. Actually, it will probably take at least a day or two!

Esoteric looks awesome. I'll be going there for a Spring detail very soon.
Old 05-28-2015, 12:06 PM
XPEL
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 70 Likes on 37 Posts

We appreciate all the kind words about XPEL and our paint protection film. Just to clear a few things up. The unprotected and protected paint will fade at the same rate. Also, using our pre-cut pattern software, your installer can wrap just as many edges and as easily as a bulk hand cut installation. If anyone ever has any questions feel free to reach out to us. We’re happy to help.

Old 05-28-2015, 04:08 PM
mmaturo
Racer

Originally Posted by XPEL Technologies
We appreciate all the kind words about XPEL and our paint protection film. Just to clear a few things up. The unprotected and protected paint will fade at the same rate. Also, using our pre-cut pattern software, your installer can wrap just as many edges and as easily as a bulk hand cut installation. If anyone ever has any questions feel free to reach out to us. We’re happy to help.
If this happens to be Eric thank you for helping me with my situation. I appreciate it.

Quick Reply: Full body clear bra (Esoteric Detail)