Sponsored by:

My 991 GTS - First ever Porsche, the 'Dreaded Friday car' UK

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2015, 05:59 PM
GTSwest
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 4 Posts
Default rattles

my base stereo caused rattles from day one on my 2015 GTS - the drivers door panel was removed to source the problem. About 2,000 kms later the rattle returned with a vengeance - and would rattle on any road surface.

They went back into the drivers door and added some foam, so far so good.

I was surprised at having to deal with rattles on a new 911, as a rattle is something that I would associate with cars from the 80's.

The problem with a 911 is that they transfer a fair bit of road noise into the cabin, so there are likely cars with similar conditions that never get reported to Porsche as the owners do not hear them over the normal road noise.

I would suggest the source of your rattle may be in the drivers door. Striking the panel around the release handle area may reproduce the noise.
Old 07-02-2015, 11:38 AM
duxsi
Burning Brakes

Received 169 Likes on 114 Posts

Originally Posted by BruceSA
What a load of ****e you spewed....sorry are you a troll??? Have you first and experience?

My new GTS is an absolute quality car as are all the Porsches I have seen since 2012. I have not heard of any issues in SA. As for Japanese...I will never buy a Toyota again after the last 2 I owned were full of faults.

Give me German any day!
Originally Posted by Rocket_boy
Let me take a wild guess here,....Corvette or GTR fan boy?

I've owned 4 new Porsches in the last 10 years,.....most reliable and fun to drive brand I have ever owned bar none.
Gentlemen - you are both correct. I'm a world class troll.
I have no experience with these cars. I've never owned a single 911 and have absolutely no experience in the automotive industry.

Your name calling is fully warranted and well deserved on my part.

Quick Reply: My 991 GTS - First ever Porsche, the 'Dreaded Friday car' UK