Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PTS GTS.

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2015, 01:54 PM
reuben991
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 7 Posts

Hang in there lads, we're almost at the finish line. My dates haven't changed and my order is locking in 5 days. I'll get the next update the week after next which will indicate if my build dates have changed or not.

At least you'll get your cars 10 days after being built. I'll be staring at marinetraffic.com for 3 weeks at least
Old 11-15-2015, 04:20 PM
Puf n Stuf
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Reuben, I'm now being sent weekly updates. Last from Thursday 12 Nov: Status V250, Freeze 23 Oct, Completion 9 Dec, Delivery 1 Jan - although dealer agrees it will arrive sooner.
The end or rather, the beginning, is in sight.

Originally Posted by reuben991
I'll be staring at marinetraffic.com for 3 weeks at least
I feel for you During that period, you'll probably read posts from OMG and I about how great (I hope) our cars are. Your may get comfort from this during your wait.

Or maybe not.
Old 11-25-2015, 03:21 PM
reuben991
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Puf n Stuf
Reuben, I'm now being sent weekly updates. Last from Thursday 12 Nov: Status V250, Freeze 23 Oct, Completion 9 Dec, Delivery 1 Jan - although dealer agrees it will arrive sooner.
The end or rather, the beginning, is in sight.

I feel for you During that period, you'll probably read posts from OMG and I about how great (I hope) our cars are. Your may get comfort from this during your wait.

Or maybe not.
There better be daily pictures while I wait

Latest update: Status V250 (locked) on 20 Nov. Still scheduled for body shop entry on 4 Dec.
Old 11-25-2015, 06:39 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,437 Likes on 2,247 Posts

Originally Posted by reuben991
Hang in there lads, we're almost at the finish line. My dates haven't changed and my order is locking in 5 days. I'll get the next update the week after next which will indicate if my build dates have changed or not.

At least you'll get your cars 10 days after being built. I'll be staring at marinetraffic.com for 3 weeks at least
wait till you spend all day watching the canal webcams for the RoRo to transit ...
Old 11-25-2015, 07:09 PM
roadwellheeled
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

All, Next week I will likely be in Germany for work and am planning to visit the factory to view the birth of my 991 GTS. I will certainly take some photos if permitted and start a new thread for those with cars in the build process.

Todd
Old 11-26-2015, 03:08 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,437 Likes on 2,247 Posts

Originally Posted by roadwellheeled
All, Next week I will likely be in Germany for work and am planning to visit the factory to view the birth of my 991 GTS. I will certainly take some photos if permitted and start a new thread for those with cars in the build process.

Todd
sorry to be the bearer of bad news, they do not allow cameras on the factory tour... you can however take pictures within the "grounds" of Zuffenhausen

have fun!
Old 11-26-2015, 04:08 PM
Puf n Stuf
Instructor

Originally Posted by roadwellheeled

Todd
Hey Todd, Great timing.

My chariot is now V260 (in production) with completion 9 Dec. It'll be light grey and very beautiful with the steering wheel on the wrong side. Reward for photo but please don't get any drool on it.

And what colour is yours?
Old 11-26-2015, 04:30 PM
OMG Noooooo....
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Reuben's and mine are both Mexico Blue. Mine is RHD, Reuben's is LHD.
Please drool from afar....
Old 12-01-2015, 12:17 PM
OMG Noooooo....
Racer

It's the start of the month so time to check in (for the 8th time) with my OPC dealer.
I rang today and he is more vague than ever. The "completion" date has not changed from 23rd December, BUT he says "the car will be here by then"... he says that a PTS build is not like a normal build slot, the car is not built the same way, its very hard to follow on the computer and....... "the 1st we know about completion is when it gets to the port we get invoiced for the car"...

So that's my news, Christmas is coming, my car is coming, both are definite, but who knows which will happen 1st!

He also said that the 991.2 launch is on the 9th December. So I will be there...

Puf n Stuf, has anyone mentioned to you about holding off registering the car till 2016? Putting off delivery till 3rd Jan 2016? My garage has made their target for this year and does not need to sell it. They also think being a registered 2016 GTS will make it even rarer.... Thoughts please...

Last edited by OMG Noooooo....; 12-01-2015 at 12:27 PM. Reason: Question to Puf...
Old 12-01-2015, 03:12 PM
Zucc
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The year of the car will be determined by the Vin # . Waiting until January to register it will have no effect on its value. This is true in the US, not sure about Great Britain.
Old 12-01-2015, 03:33 PM
Puf n Stuf
Instructor

My dealer emailed a screenshot today - still V260 and still the computer says 9 Dec completion with 1/1 delivery to dealer and still dealer says it'll get to me sooner. Dealer talked along similar lines ...'you have plenty of exclusive options and PTS so we'll know for sure when it's arrives'. Fancy a bet on who gets theirs first?

Originally Posted by OMG Noooooo....
He also said that the 991.2 launch is on the 9th December. So I will be there...

Puf n Stuf, has anyone mentioned to you about holding off registering the car till 2016? Putting off delivery till 3rd Jan 2016? My garage has made their target for this year and does not need to sell it. They also think being a registered 2016 GTS will make it even rarer.... Thoughts please...
Hatfield's 991.2 launch is on 8th - Kid's Xmas concert so I can't go.

This is a dilemma. I too have thought about waiting to register it as a 2016 but have decided to take delivery as soon as possible as:

1. For the first 2 months of 2016 it'll still be on a '65' plate.
2. Someone out there will wait until 1 March to get a '16' plate.
3. The car will in any event still be a 2016 model year.
4. Unless selling it within 3 years, I don't think it make a material difference to value.
5. I don't plan on selling it.
6. It's my first Porsche and I'm so bloody excited I couldn't wait a moment longer.

I think holding off from registering it will be more of a favour for the salesman than for oneself.
Old 12-01-2015, 06:34 PM
OMG Noooooo....
Racer

My dealer emailed a screenshot today - still V260 and still the computer says 9 Dec completion.. Fancy a bet on who gets theirs first?
I think mine will be completed around the same time and in the UK for the 16th/17th...

This is a dilemma. I too have thought about waiting to register it as a 2016 but have decided to take delivery as soon as possible as:

I think holding off from registering it will be more of a favour for the salesman than for oneself.
My thoughts exactly....
Old 12-01-2015, 09:32 PM
roadwellheeled
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Todd, Great timing.

My chariot is now V260 (in production) with completion 9 Dec. It'll be light grey and very beautiful with the steering wheel on the wrong side. Reward for photo but please don't get any drool on it.

And what colour is yours?
Puffy,

I'll keep a look out for your car and start a new thread to gather info from board members as to their builds as well.

As for mine, I wished that I was able to get into the PTS window for a Mexico Blue car. I settled though on a GT Silver metallic 7 speed after comparing many colours.

-Todd
Old 12-01-2015, 10:21 PM
Werks 1
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Cant wait to see the photos! I got my GTS in early November.... I have been traveling so much I have not had a chance to drive it much. Head back to So Cal in Mid December and plan on driving it a lot! Check out my build and the interior is similar to your i think...ENJOY THE DRIVE
Old 12-02-2015, 12:10 AM
reuben991
Rennlist Member

We should organize a SoCal GTS get together soon

Quick Reply: PTS GTS.