Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PTS GTS.

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2015, 06:57 PM
Puf n Stuf
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Crikey OMG, yours might be the last one built. Your patience will be rewarded. What's that saying...'The fruit at the top of the tree is the hardest to pluck but tastes the sweetest'. Or was it something else...not sure.
Old 08-20-2015, 02:55 PM
reuben991
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Puf n Stuf
I've just heard today that my car is delayed and that the new build date is scheduled for Dec 4. Co-incidence or what? Reuben, our cars could be twins.
That's fascinating given our cars have different colours. It would make more sense if OMG's car and mine were built on the same day.
Old 08-20-2015, 05:19 PM
OMG Noooooo....
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by reuben991
That's fascinating given our cars have different colours. It would make more sense if OMG's car and mine were built on the same day.
My date is "completion date" (mid January) But if it takes about four weeks for a PTS car to be built, my start of build date will be around the beginning of December too, (taking Christmas shut down into consideration)...
Old 10-05-2015, 06:04 PM
OMG Noooooo....
Racer

Just made my monthly call to OPC to see how PTS GTS is proceeding.

It has now been moved forward with a completion date of the 21st of December. This is the 3rd time its moved. It was originally September, then January 2016, now December...

I now have an invite to the OPC 991.2 launch, its not till the start of December.
Old 10-05-2015, 06:08 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,428 Likes on 2,241 Posts

Originally Posted by OMG Noooooo....

It has now been moved forward with a completion date of the 21st of December. This is the 3rd time its moved. It was originally September, then January 2016, now December...

I now have an invite to the OPC 991.2 launch, its not till the start of December.
this is good news, means they are motivated to complete your build and get on with the 991.2s'
Old 10-05-2015, 06:12 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

My date is "completion date" (mid January) But if it takes about four weeks for a PTS car to be built, my start of build date will be around the beginning of December too, (taking Christmas shut down into consideration)...
it probably makes sense to batch all the PTS bodies for consecutive painting, since the paint robots have an automated palette of around 12 (std) colors and
have to be 'reloaded' to undertake PTS, they can simply prep the robots with
all the PTS colors for a particular run, then push the chassis's through the
paint line in a batch, so they only need to change the palettes one time, instead of every time a PTS chassis comes through the production line...
Old 10-05-2015, 06:57 PM
reuben991
Rennlist Member

Ha, you beat me to it. I contacted my SA today morning for an update but he's out today so he's going to send me the latest tracking tomorrow.

Puf, what about you?
Old 10-05-2015, 09:35 PM
fastdiablo
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Not that it would necessarily impact your schedules, but I learned today my GT Silver GTS is running a month ahead of the original delivery date.. Was late November, now late October. Hope that's a good omen for yall.
Old 10-05-2015, 09:37 PM
reuben991
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by fastdiablo
Not that it would necessarily impact your schedules, but I learned today my GT Silver GTS is running a month ahead of the original delivery date.. Was late November, now late October. Hope that's a good omen for yall.
I wonder if this is to do with dealers swapping allocations.
Old 10-07-2015, 06:03 PM
Puf n Stuf
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Puf, what about you?
I learned today that what i believed to be a production start date of 4 Dec is wrong. That date is actually the 'Factory Release Date', and that this date remains current and unchanged since early August.

At least the misunderstanding is in my favour - I should take delivery before Christmas
Old 10-07-2015, 06:20 PM
OMG Noooooo....
Racer

That's great news for you...

If my completion date stays the same, the 21st of December, I don't think i will receive it till the first working week of January. I expect delivery will be affected by the Christmas holidays and New Year. Last time it was 6 days from "completion to delivery" for me...( but that was a September completion date.)
Old 10-07-2015, 07:46 PM
reuben991
Rennlist Member

My build dates as of Sep 4 haven't changed. Vehicle entry to body shop on Dec 4 and completion two weeks later. I'll check again in a month.
Old 10-15-2015, 02:04 PM
OMG Noooooo....
Racer

Well that's it.. I was offered a price far too good to refuse for my 12 month old 991s.. So I am now counting down the 5 days till it goes.... then I start counting the days down for the new arrival.
Its been 6 months so far, but its easy waiting when you have one in the garage already. Now things will be different, no car and maybe still 3 months to go....sh*t that's f*cking ages....
Old 10-15-2015, 02:18 PM
mathfuzzy
Rennlist Member

Received 397 Likes on 134 Posts

Well that's it.. I was offered a price far too good to refuse for my 12 month old 991s.. So I am now counting down the 5 days till it goes.... then I start counting the days down for the new arrival.
Its been 6 months so far, but its easy waiting when you have one in the garage already. Now things will be different, no car and maybe still 3 months to go....sh*t that's f*cking ages....
Congratulations and condolences. First class problems are still problems!
Old 10-15-2015, 02:25 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

its WORTH the wait ...

Quick Reply: PTS GTS.