Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lava GTS on Order!

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2015, 12:15 AM
Bacura
Three Wheelin'

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I kinda like the white brake lights as well. The red clashes a little with the orange. I also love lava orange.
Old 06-04-2015, 01:39 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,423 Likes on 2,237 Posts

Originally Posted by Bacura
I kinda like the white brake lights as well. The red clashes a little with the orange. I also love lava orange.
+1

Old 06-04-2015, 08:10 PM
jgreer902
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

I must confess this thread has me pretty stoked. My Lava Orange GTS build goes into body shop 06/26 and should be home mid August.
It's similar to the Op's car but has sunroof - I like the contrast of the black roof, 18 way power seats, black centerlocks, PDCC with PASM sport (lowered 20mm). Original order was PDK, but before lock switched to MT7.
I also chose badge delete. I didn't go for the rear wiper, but have nothing against it..that's a totally personal choice. I chose the PLDS in black. I think the black roof, black wheels, and black lights will look cool.
The scary thing is I have yet to see Lava Orange in real life, and every picture looks different.
I had a blue Boxster, and a black 991.1 TT, so I needed some colour in my life.
Look forward to sharing some pics mid August
Old 06-04-2015, 08:45 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by jgreer902
I must confess this thread has me pretty stoked. My Lava Orange GTS build goes into body shop 06/26 and should be home mid August.
It's similar to the Op's car but has sunroof - I like the contrast of the black roof, 18 way power seats, black centerlocks, PDCC with PASM sport (lowered 20mm). Original order was PDK, but before lock switched to MT7.
I also chose badge delete. I didn't go for the rear wiper, but have nothing against it..that's a totally personal choice. I chose the PLDS in black. I think the black roof, black wheels, and black lights will look cool.
The scary thing is I have yet to see Lava Orange in real life, and every picture looks different.
dont be scared, it will be magnificent and everyone will want one!
Old 06-04-2015, 09:03 PM
jgreer902
Advanced

Thanks Larry. Appreciate the encouragement. There are just too many " normal" colour cars in my area. Love your color - Mex Blue is way cool
Old 06-04-2015, 09:10 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Thanks Larry. Appreciate the encouragement. There are just too many " normal" colour cars in my area. Love your color - Mex Blue is way cool
that car sat on the lot for over 5 months before I came along an picked it up .. and everyone was 'OMG - the color' ... now Mexico Blue appears very sought
after...

to be honest if LO had been available when I ordered the GTS Cabriolet I might well have ticked the box ... it will be fabulous ... the only downside is that our
brave LEOs will see you a mile off (shortly before their optic nerves overload)

IT WILL BE EPIC ... enjoy!

p.s
I saw a couple of cars on the line in Zuffenhausen a couple of weeks ago that could well have been LO .. they were AMAZING ... you wont be dissappointed
Old 06-04-2015, 09:52 PM
jgreer902
Advanced

Oh yeah I forgot to mention I ordered the aero kit.
I track the car but only like 6 days/ year so I tried to balance what's important on the track with what I want for just having fun. This car is not a DD - sun fun days and whatever the weather brings track days.
Had to get some driving gloves for track days to protect the steering wheel from my sweaty death grip lol
Old 06-05-2015, 07:41 AM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry Cable
dont be scared, it will be magnificent and everyone will want one!
Well, not everyone....
Old 06-08-2015, 12:52 PM
ibmiked
Pro

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Congrats jgreer902! It'll be nice to have some Lava colored company around here. While I do like the white taillights I'm afraid that over time they may start to look a bit dated. I felt the same about the black headlights, so I went with a more traditional look and opted against those items. That doesn't mean that I don't think they are *****-cool, it just means I hope this is my 'keeper' Porsche and wanted to contain myself to just an outrageous color. LOL.

My car was completed on June 3rd so I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with the wait time until delivery on the East coast? I'm hoping a month, but I realize it could be longer (certainly not likely to be shorter).

Old 06-08-2015, 01:03 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ibmiked
Congrats jgreer902! It'll be nice to have some Lava colored company around here. While I do like the white taillights I'm afraid that over time they may start to look a bit dated. I felt the same about the black headlights, so I went with a more traditional look and opted against those items. That doesn't mean that I don't think they are *****-cool, it just means I hope this is my 'keeper' Porsche and wanted to contain myself to just an outrageous color. LOL.

My car was completed on June 3rd so I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with the wait time until delivery on the East coast? I'm hoping a month, but I realize it could be longer (certainly not likely to be shorter).

transit time is entirely dependent on the RoRo schedules out of Emden to the E.Coast port of entry; thereafter its down to customs, VPC, and transport to the dealer...

I believe (perhaps wrongly) that PCNA use the same ships as VW, so here is the latest schedule attached...
Attached Images
File Type: pdf
Schedule (2).pdf (294.5 KB, 101 views)
Old 06-08-2015, 01:19 PM
ibmiked
Pro

Wow! If I continue to be 2 days ahead of schedule then it looks like I might make it to Emden by the 10th, which is the cut off for the Pleiades Leader, arriving in Rhode Island on the 22nd. If not, probably arriving in RI on the 30th. Anybody with experience know how long generally a car takes from arrival port to customer delivery? It's about 170 miles from the port to my dealer. (I realize there are a lot of variables like Customs).
Old 06-08-2015, 03:21 PM
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Congrats on the Lava + ducktail: love it.

My wife, though, thinks Lava is OTT so she exercised a veto on that colour.

Enjoy yours!
Old 06-08-2015, 03:53 PM
eg991
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My previous Porsches have taken 5-7 days to get from port in R.I. to Paul Miller in NJ. Should be around the same amount of time to get to L.I. So exciting that you're running ahead of schedule!
Old 06-08-2015, 04:26 PM
ibmiked
Pro

Originally Posted by eg991
My previous Porsches have taken 5-7 days to get from port in R.I. to Paul Miller in NJ. Should be around the same amount of time to get to L.I. So exciting that you're running ahead of schedule!
Thanks!
Old 06-08-2015, 07:04 PM
jgreer902
Advanced

Originally Posted by ibmiked

My dealer says 1 month to east coast of Canada.. Another week to the toy store.

Quick Reply: Lava GTS on Order!