Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Text and emails

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2015, 04:45 PM
eg991
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I get my texts with an iPhone 6 (as nullspace mentioned, you have to check "show notifications" in the Bluetooth settings for PCM on the phone), but the strange thing is that none of the additional actions work for me. For example, the "call back" feature that appears on the screen has never worked. Weird. I do like the ability to read texts on the PCM screen at red lights, though.
Old 04-22-2015, 07:11 PM
leveragedsellout
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Notifications isn't an option on my PCM bluetooth settings. I have Sync Contacts"then Phone Favorites and Phone Recents. Verizon iPhone 6... 2012.5 991 S. Is it possible my PCM software is in need of an update?
Old 04-22-2015, 07:32 PM
hinckley
Three Wheelin'

Received 253 Likes on 144 Posts

Originally Posted by leveragedsellout
Notifications isn't an option on my PCM bluetooth settings. I have Sync Contacts"then Phone Favorites and Phone Recents. Verizon iPhone 6... 2012.5 991 S. Is it possible my PCM software is in need of an update?
It's an iPhone setting.

In your iPhone's Bluetooth Settings, tap on the "i" next to PCM in the list of devices. It will bring you to another screen where you can turn on "Show Notifications" specifically for PCM.
Old 04-22-2015, 07:48 PM
leveragedsellout
Advanced

Originally Posted by hinckley
It's an iPhone setting.

In your iPhone's Bluetooth Settings, tap on the "i" next to PCM in the list of devices. It will bring you to another screen where you can turn on "Show Notifications" specifically for PCM.
No i understand - the settings i mentioned are all that show up within the "i" button next to PCM in my bluetooth settings (see photo). Is it possible you have to be in the car? Would think the settings are the settings / don't magically change when you connect but i will try it when i leave my cage.
Attached Images  
Old 04-22-2015, 07:54 PM
hinckley
Three Wheelin'

Received 253 Likes on 144 Posts

No i understand - the settings i mentioned are all that show up within the "i" button next to PCM in my bluetooth settings (see photo). Is it possible you have to be in the car? Would think the settings are the settings / don't magically change when you connect but i will try it when i leave my cage.
Sorry, I didn't understand. I have a "Show Notifications" switch above the "Sync Contacts" switch, and I'm not now connected to the car.
Old 04-22-2015, 10:55 PM
TrappistMonk
Pro

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Not connected to my car
Old 04-22-2015, 11:04 PM
drmatara
Pro

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

What version of iOS do you have on your phone?
Old 04-23-2015, 12:35 AM
leveragedsellout
Advanced

Originally Posted by drmatara
What version of iOS do you have on your phone?
The latest - 8.3
Old 04-23-2015, 01:01 AM
drmatara
Pro

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

The latest - 8.3
You might need to update your PCM software. I was looking at my iPhone BT settings for my 2 cars the Porsche and a Mercedes and looks like for the Porsche there is Show Notification but not for the Mercedes, so based on that your PCM software might not support that functionality and needs to be upgraded. Also what you can do is delete the PCM in the BT settings and pair it again...never know it might work
Old 04-23-2015, 03:52 AM
leveragedsellout
Advanced

I am running 3.4 - can i just roll up to the dealer and ask for an update? Do they charge on the same level as the maps update? Thanks.
Old 04-23-2015, 09:39 PM
leveragedsellout
Advanced

Apologies for the bump - any insight on this? Trying to figure out the latest version of PCM on the internet web is far more challenging than I imagined.
Old 04-24-2015, 03:23 PM
Leverageconsult
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Cheekymonkeyman
Now that I've enabled notifications on the pcm I do get texts but not emails... iPhone 6...
Could you walk me through the steps to get it to work. I believe I turned on notifications but still isn't working. It's s shame it has this feature and doesn't work.
Old 07-07-2015, 11:30 PM
leveragedsellout
Advanced

Apologies for the old bump but for those wondering how some users have text display capabilities on PCM and others don't, saw this on another forum. Looks like those of us with 2012.5 and older 2013's are out of luck unless your whole PCM blows out under warranty.

"I just got back from seeing my service advisor. My car is an early 2013 with Version 3.40 PCM. They can update my version but it won't add the features that I need to see text messages and e-mail. In November 2012 the Bluetooth mobile phone preparation package in new Porsche cars was changed to include the ability to transfer SMS and e-mail messages from the mobile phone to PCM. I'm out of luck unless I want to spend about $5K to update the PCM hardware (which certainly isn't worth it to me)."
Old 07-07-2015, 11:48 PM
sandbar
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I get both emails and texts on my Samsung S5 and also on my iphone 6. I'll check what settings I have when back from traveling this week and report back.
Old 07-08-2015, 02:22 AM
leveragedsellout
Advanced

Originally Posted by sandbar
I get both emails and texts on my Samsung S5 and also on my iphone 6. I'll check what settings I have when back from traveling this week and report back.
If your car is newer than early 2013 you should be getting them. There was confusion by some (myself included) of how some had this functionality and others didnt but per what i posted above it seems that vintage is the answer - build date after Nov. 2012 should have it.

Quick Reply: Text and emails