Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

991 GTS interior package issues

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2015, 07:40 PM
MagicRat
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Mine has been delayed by a couple of weeks - will post pictures as soon as I have it!
Old 04-10-2015, 08:54 PM
GSIRM3
Drifting

Received 63 Likes on 38 Posts

deleted

Last edited by GSIRM3; 04-12-2015 at 09:43 AM.
Old 04-11-2015, 11:28 AM
cutolo91
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

after three times modifying the config the dealer began to get crazy ..no just joking, he shows really lot of patience as i really change 3 times the configuration.

Today i finally signed the order. Now is FIX. No changes more are allowed. I think i did it in a good way; finally it is almost a stardard GTS:

- black (no metallic)
- GTS package with alcatanra/leather
- manual gear (a MUST!)
- 20" turbo wheel
- standard interior seats but with leather black on the back
- carbon + PCM package (leather around the navi+center trim)
- dark black rear window
- gray seatbelts

I am exected waiting until june to see how the car will finally really (!) looks like -----> my fist porsche, a big invest however it is a leasing thus I hope to enjoy the car, alone and with my family

http://www.porsche-code.com/PG1QAPA3
Old 04-13-2015, 08:27 AM
Rennteam
Advanced

PCM display surround in leather? Are you sure? This costs a lot of money and doesn't actually make a huge visual difference on a black interior.

I also wonder why you haven't ordered PDCC instead (provides a go-cart like feeling) and while I understand the choice of a manual transmission, PDK offers a better performance (and can still be shifted manually).

The plain black color is difficult to keep clean and shiny, you should take black metallic instead.

A black exterior with a black interior, this is kind of boring for a Porsche.
Why not go with the carmine red stitching instead? It looks amazing and makes the interior special but not too bling bling.

Just saying...it is YOUR car and YOU have to like it but for a Porsche, it is a little bit too "neutral".
Old 04-13-2015, 08:59 AM
cutolo91
Intermediate

understatment is everything
no blinc blinc and show but more fun by driving (and in my opinion a 911 MUST have manual transmission! I tried both, pdk and manual....yes pdk seems to be faster changing up/down however, changing manually is more emotional....i am not driving the car at the racetrack, i dont care being 0.3sec faster than others )
Old 04-18-2015, 10:14 PM
thermansen
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello all,

I am new to this so excuse me if this ends up sounding lame.

I ordered today a 991 GTS in GT Silver with black leather interior / Alcantara delete (current code is PGBT1SJ6).

My concern involves the trim pieces along the "beltline" (door/dash/cup holder/trim around shifter).
As far as I understand it, if I do nothing, these pieces with be painted/treated in Galvano Silver.

1: Is Galvano Silver preferable GT Silver (I can spec body color for these pieces at no cost with what I've configured) or ...

2: My gut tells me carbon fiber is the way to go, but I see essentially zero comments on CF in the forums I've looked at. The CF options cost for the doors, dash and console ends up being expensive enough that I wanted to try to see if anyone has gone this direction.

I also intended to spec red seat belts and white dash gauge and chrono faces,

Deposit and order placed today (18 April 2015).

Thanks for any help.

Peter Thermansen
Milwaukee WI
Old 04-19-2015, 01:44 AM
eddtiff
Instructor

Originally Posted by thermansen
Hello all,

I am new to this so excuse me if this ends up sounding lame.

I ordered today a 991 GTS in GT Silver with black leather interior / Alcantara delete (current code is PGBT1SJ6).

My concern involves the trim pieces along the "beltline" (door/dash/cup holder/trim around shifter).
As far as I understand it, if I do nothing, these pieces with be painted/treated in Galvano Silver.

1: Is Galvano Silver preferable GT Silver (I can spec body color for these pieces at no cost with what I've configured) or ...

2: My gut tells me carbon fiber is the way to go, but I see essentially zero comments on CF in the forums I've looked at. The CF options cost for the doors, dash and console ends up being expensive enough that I wanted to try to see if anyone has gone this direction.

I also intended to spec red seat belts and white dash gauge and chrono faces,

Deposit and order placed today (18 April 2015).

Thanks for any help.

Peter Thermansen
Milwaukee WI
The galvano silver is a very dark looking silver. Its looks ok in person and i think it looks better than the GT silver. It's also different because only the GTS line has it I believe. If you had to compare the 3, CF is the nicest in my opinion.
Old 04-19-2015, 03:52 AM
MagicRat
Burning Brakes

It's a dark brushed aluminium. Have a GTS with it on loan this weekend so will upload a couple of pictures later. Personal response is I don't much like it and would prefer CF or regular aluminium. It marks easily, as in you can draw on it with a fingernail. This wipes off instantly and I'm told it's the rough metal scratching the fingernail and not the other way around, but it's still kind of creepy imo...
Old 04-19-2015, 09:43 AM
thermansen
4th Gear

Originally Posted by eddtiff
The galvano silver is a very dark looking silver. Its looks ok in person and i think it looks better than the GT silver. It's also different because only the GTS line has it I believe. If you had to compare the 3, CF is the nicest in my opinion.
Thank you.

Information on darkness and durability is what I was after. I didn't want to go aluminum due to brightness, but durability should have been good. The Galvano color sounds comparatively good, but I was concerned about durability. CF seems like the way to go -- I just wasn't seeing many people selecting it.

I have a remaining concern about white dials and red belts.
I was drawn to the white gauge/chrono dials for readability and to add some brightness to an otherwise black interior, and I feel good about this choice. I am not sure about adding the red belts -- it is an attempt to get a splash of some color into the interior, but it may not work. Has anyone done/seen this combination in person?

Comments welcome?
Old 04-19-2015, 09:57 AM
NoGaBiker
Drifting

Received 225 Likes on 122 Posts

Originally Posted by thermansen
Thank you.

Information on darkness and durability is what I was after. I didn't want to go aluminum due to brightness, but durability should have been good. The Galvano color sounds comparatively good, but I was concerned about durability. CF seems like the way to go -- I just wasn't seeing many people selecting it.

I have a remaining concern about white dials and red belts.
I was drawn to the white gauge/chrono dials for readability and to add some brightness to an otherwise black interior, and I feel good about this choice. I am not sure about adding the red belts -- it is an attempt to get a splash of some color into the interior, but it may not work. Has anyone done/seen this combination in person?

Comments welcome?
My current Turbo has white instrument faces -- My previous had black. The first thing I noticed was how much harder it was to see and react to redline on the tach with the white gauge faces. It was something I wasn't "thinking" about one way or the other -- not trying to evaluate the white instrument faces when I got it. Just driving and trying to get useful info from a very rapidly spinning tach was much harder for me with the white.

That said, I'm sure the 991 instruments are quite a bit different and more modern lighting may eliminate this problem.
Old 04-19-2015, 10:03 AM
NoGaBiker
Drifting

Received 225 Likes on 122 Posts

As for the question about interior beltline trim, I'm a little confused. My build has the CF trim in this place, but I didn't check that box; I have assumed that was standard for the GTS model, but sounds like it's not. Perhaps it's standard for the 2-tone full-leather (Black/Garnet)? You had me worried because I knew I had not opted for any of the painted finish trim pieces, but when I fire up the configurator (PFKZXW91) it always shows the CF trim at the beltline.
Old 04-19-2015, 10:06 AM
thermansen
4th Gear

Thanks for telling me about your experience with white gauge faces, at least concerning the tach. I had not considered readability would suffer with a white background -- I thought the white would actually help a bit. More for me to think about.
Old 04-19-2015, 10:09 AM
Porsche_nuts
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,117 Likes on 666 Posts

Originally Posted by NoGaBiker
As for the question about interior beltline trim, I'm a little confused. My build has the CF trim in this place, but I didn't check that box; I have assumed that was standard for the GTS model, but sounds like it's not. Perhaps it's standard for the 2-tone full-leather (Black/Garnet)? You had me worried because I knew I had not opted for any of the painted finish trim pieces, but when I fire up the configurator (PFKZXW91) it always shows the CF trim at the beltline.
Don't think CF is standard at all - standard is the black aluminum. If you wanted CF you had to check the box and ante up another $675.
Old 04-19-2015, 01:06 PM
MagicRat
Burning Brakes

Here are a couple of shots of the black aluminium:

Old 04-19-2015, 01:21 PM
thermansen
4th Gear

Thank you very much for your photos as they helped me decide which way to go.

After I posted earlier this morning, I realized that the leather interior package I had chosen (AZ) in conjunction with interior leather codes EEA and XHB (available at no extra cost with the other options I chose) place leather on the surfaces I was questioning earlier.

The configurator is quite good but necessarily easy to understand the first couple of times through.

Again, thanks for your help with the photos.

Quick Reply: 991 GTS interior package issues